closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Engraving a JLC reverso

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

Engraving a JLC reverso

Gents,

I have as a project for a landmark birthday for my wife to get her the above watch and have it engraved.

I understand that having it done at the factory can be a very costly and rather long affair.

The engraving i am contemplating would be (possibly) a drawing of one of the kids. In other words, not the usual letters / initials kind of thing.

I am wondering if anyone would know of a service or operation in the UK that would be competent at engraving jewelry.

Any advice, experience please let me know.

Many thanks.

I could recommend somebody in Norway but I imagine there would be a lot of customs issues - he's always done buckles, clasps and cuff links for me and it's not as if you can just send him a caseback, given it's a Reverso.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Just a word of warning - you automatically void the JLC warranty if you get the engraving done by a third party. I got a reverso last year with the extended 8 year warranty and almost voided it, luckily read the fine print in time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My AD told me that client wanted to have his Reverso engraved with 2 initials in style chosen from JLC engraving catalog, the price was around 1000eur, the watch was shipped to Swiss. After urging for about a year, the AD gave up and had them send the watch back and had the work done locally for less money and in much more complicated style.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiztence View Post
    My AD told me that client wanted to have his Reverso engraved with 2 initials in style chosen from JLC engraving catalog, the price was around 1000eur, the watch was shipped to Swiss. After urging for about a year, the AD gave up and had them send the watch back and had the work done locally for less money and in much more complicated style.
    Everything I hear about JLC service after the original sale puts me right off the brand. Beautiful watches, but what a silly way to drive away customers.

€1000 - for two initials?!

Blimey. Hate to think what they charge for a service. That sounds like daylight robbery

Engraving a JLC reverso

Quote Originally Posted by erics View Post
    Gents,

I have as a project for a landmark birthday for my wife to get her the above watch and have it engraved.

I understand that having it done at the factory can be a very costly and rather long affair.

The engraving i am contemplating would be (possibly) a drawing of one of the kids. In other words, not the usual letters / initials kind of thing.

I am wondering if anyone would know of a service or operation in the UK that would be competent at engraving jewelry.

Any advice, experience please let me know.

Many thanks.
    Hey

I got my reverso 1931 engraved last year with a picture of my late father and I . Cost was around £1500 and took 6 weeks or so. I did look around and the only person that could have assisted was Johnny Dowell aka ‘kingnerd’ on Instagram. I did ask him but he was busy at the time. Perhaps you can contact Johnny on Instagram?

Most engravers will not do a picture engraving as the steel on reversos is quite thin and don’t want to risk if the end product is not satisfactory to the customer . Also, there are data protection issues with pictures based upon my dealings with JLC. They preferred to do an engraving of a ‘painting’ as opposed to a photograph. I got this done via an app which created a painting-type image of the photo I wanted to engrave!

Hope the above helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Eamonn345 View Post
    Hey

I got my reverso 1931 engraved last year with a picture of my late father and I . Cost was around £1500 and took 6 weeks or so. I did look around and the only person that could have assisted was Johnny Dowell aka ‘kingnerd’ on Instagram. I did ask him but he was busy at the time. Perhaps you can contact Johnny on Instagram?

Most engravers will not do a picture engraving as the steel on reversos is quite thin and don’t want to risk if the end product is not satisfactory to the customer . Also, there are data protection issues with pictures based upon my dealings with JLC. They preferred to do an engraving of a ‘painting’ as opposed to a photograph. I got this done via an app which created a painting-type image of the photo I wanted to engrave!

Hope the above helps.

Kingnerd is basically an engraving prodigy. Great shout (again assuming it doesn’t void the OP’s warranty)

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Cheers gents. I know about factory engraving, costs and delays.

Warranty a good point.

Will look at Kingnerd on insta.

Did not anticipate this to be so tricky.