closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A real Limited Edition Omega

One of the nicest Planet Oceans
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    I remember when they launched this model. Wasn’t a whole lot more expensive than the standard model from memory. Gutted I didn’t buy one but I had a SS model at the same time :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a huge Omega fan, however I'm not familiar with this model. Can anyone please educate me on which limited edition model it is? Just by looking at it nothing different strikes me.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Bar the 600m rating, what am I missing out this piece?

Quote Originally Posted by jackin_jill View Post
    I'm a huge Omega fan, however I'm not familiar with this model. Can anyone please educate me on which limited edition model it is? Just by looking at it nothing different strikes me.
    Liquid Metal model.

https://youtu.be/lc1MeYQTeL4

Sent from my BBF100-1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gerard View Post
    Liquid Metal model.

https://youtu.be/lc1MeYQTeL4

Sent from my BBF100-1 using Tapatalk
    That guy was crazy! He risked submerging his planet Ocean in a glass of water! Insane!!!

Craftsman
    I had a Liquid Metal tennis racket once - was a fine racket as is this watch!

Master
    I seem to remember this model was a bridge between the ceramic bezel and standard metal dialled Planet Oceans and the now standard liquid metal bezel insert and dials they have now across the range.

Crazy money IMO.

I really like this PO. There was a time when I thought it was the best of the 2500 range. But having owned a few standard 2201.50 models I much prefer the matte dial and lower used price of the non-LE. The matte dial model gives the watch a crossover to modern from vintage era vibe.

The LE dial while stunning, is very shouty and ultimately I don’t see how the premiums in price are justified.

Quote Originally Posted by gerard View Post
    Liquid Metal model
    Thanks mate. I thought there were a few liquid metal PO versions tho?

Or was liquid metal introduced on a limited edition with a small run before it was transferred on to the standard models?

Quote Originally Posted by jackin_jill View Post
    liquid metal introduced on a limited edition with a small run before it was transferred on to the standard models?
    This ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    That guy was crazy! He risked submerging his planet Ocean in a glass of water! Insane!!!
    I had to laugh when he put his fingers into the glass to prove that it was real water

What a daredevil

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    One of the nicest Planet Oceans

Nope. THE nicest Planet Ocean.

Journeyman
    I always liked the LMPO. Other than using the cal. 2500, pretty much everything else (LM, applied numerals, glossy dial and bezel) made it into later PO generations. So now I can see where looking at it it seems like just another PO but for a long time it was very unique.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Nope. THE nicest Planet Ocean.
    Possibly 😁 ;)

I don't own one though. I have a thing for orange Planet Oceans, as they just looked so different from the usual offerings.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    I have one. When I bought it (in 2011), it had been in stock with the AD for quite a while and he gave me a good discount to encourage me to take it over the standard 2500 model. At that time, the 2500 was being phased out and the 8500 was just not quite readily available.

Although the ceramic dial makes the LE more noticeable than the standard version (of that era) I felt it was worth having.

Nowadays I see it as a true transitional model that will be worth a fortune for ever...