closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What are you paying for home and contents insurance?

Master

What are you paying for home and contents insurance?

Given many of you have far more extensive watch collections than mine id be interested in hearing what kind of premium you pay on home and contents,

unfortunately here in ireland i am stuck with a normal policy and added all risk items thats not really designed for expensive trinkets or chubb through a broker that is a great policy but pricey.

For reference have been quoted €1,950 for €600k building and outbuilding, €156k general contents and €85k specified jewellery (watches and jewellery)

to be fair the chubb policy will no doubt be more suitable in the event of a claim but my guess is similar cover in the uk is a lot less...

Who is that with ?

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    Given many of you have far more extensive watch collections than mine id be interested in hearing what kind of premium you pay on home and contents,

unfortunately here in ireland i am stuck with a normal policy and added all risk items thats not really designed for expensive trinkets or chubb through a broker that is a great policy but pricey.

For reference have been quoted €1,950 for €600k building and outbuilding, €156k general contents and €85k specified jewellery (watches and jewellery)

to be fair the chubb policy will no doubt be more suitable in the event of a claim but my guess is similar cover in the uk is a lot less...

Think I'm around £1800 per year with Distinct ( part of Aviva ) . Cant remember contents & Watches value covered off the top of my head. Building is insured for £1.5m

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by steviefleming View Post
    Who is that with ?
    chubb through a broker

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by steviefleming View Post
    Think I'm around £1800 per year with Distinct ( part of Aviva ) . Cant remember contents & Watches value covered off the top of my head. Building is insured for £1.5m
    thanks stevie

makes sense given the high rebuild value of the building.

Craftsman
    I have unlimited contents, however, items need listing if over £5000, building is £500k rebuild cost, and it costs £1200pa.

[QUOTE=cyrusir;5240855]chubb through a broker

It's also worth noting that the approach Chubb take is to provide a quote and will often then have a home visit to confirm that they policy / values etc are all in line. A significant proportion of people are underinsured so whilst this may result in the premium rising it does mean that they pay claims really quickly and mostly without quibble... the SLA used to be something like payment in 6 hours for an uncontested claim.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dickdutch View Post
    I have unlimited contents, however, items need listing if over £5000, building is £500k rebuild cost, and it costs £1200pa.
    thanks who is this with?

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Meesterbond;5240870]
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    chubb through a broker

It's also worth noting that the approach Chubb take is to provide a quote and will often then have a home visit to confirm that they policy / values etc are all in line. A significant proportion of people are underinsured so whilst this may result in the premium rising it does mean that they pay claims really quickly and mostly without quibble... the SLA used to be something like payment in 6 hours for an uncontested claim.
    yes that was mentioned alright.

Master
    I have nothing worth stealing, my home and contents insurance costs about £25 a month (£300 a year then).

Blog Entries
    Unlimited buildings, 100K contents, 24K specified no safe or alarm required AXA £280.00 pa. but i do live in a quiet part of the world.

Contents are something most people over estimate.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Unlimited buildings, 100K contents, 24K specified no safe or alarm required AXA £280.00 pa. but i do live in a quiet part of the world.

Contents are something most people over estimate.
    We have similar cover Mart with M&S - costs us a bit more @ just shy of £500 per yer.
    Last edited by Chris_in_the_UK; 5th November 2019 at 19:29. Reason: Double post thingy.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    £420 for M&S Premium including valuables away from home up to £15k each. Accidental buildings and contents up to £1million.

NFU seem to be the best value for money at the moment, all of the numbers in the policy seem sensible, I have been with them for three years, Hiscox before that, they have some very unrealistic terms in the small print.