closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Huawei Android Phones

Master

Huawei Android Phones

I'm in the sub-£100 market for a new phone and I have recommended to look at Huawei. There are a few similar looking models in the £70 to £110 range. I would be grateful for any advice/recommendations.

Rob

You should look into whether the phone you want to buy is able to get Google apps on it. Huawei is currently under a trade ban by the US. As a result Google has withdrawn support for its software on Huawei devices. There are suggestions that this will be ending shortly but it is at the whim of the US government.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    You should look into whether the phone you want to buy is able to get Google apps on it. Huawei is currently under a trade ban by the US. As a result Google has withdrawn support for its software on Huawei devices. There are suggestions that this will be ending shortly but it is at the whim of the US government.
    Good point, Phil.

Maybe Samsung is a better choice but they are a lot more expensive than Huawei. Something to think about, anyway.

Journeyman
    I’ve been using a cheap Huawei P smart for a couple of years now , never had any problems with google apps running on it and they all still work perfectly . Works as good as every other phone I’ve had . Scaremongering by the media in my opinion.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Salvadali View Post
    I’ve been using a cheap Huawei P smart for a couple of years now , never had any problems with google apps running on it and they all still work perfectly . Works as good as every other phone I’ve had . Scaremongering by the media in my opinion.
    Not scaremongering, fact! Your phone will work fine and I think it still will. If the ban carries on I think it's only newer phones after the ban started that would be affected.

Op what about something like this https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/glo...xpress-3323773 just means ordering from China but seems great specs for the price.

Craftsman
    Have a look at Xiaomi, some cracking phones at reasonable prices.

Xiaomi

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel306 View Post
    My other half has a habit of breaking phones, earlier this year a forum member kindly passed on a 3 year old xiaomi which is incredibly well made, other half is now sold on the brand.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Craftsman
    Beware of customs charge if buying direct from China

Xiaomi Pocophone F1 been with me for almost 12 months, can't fault it to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel306 View Post
    Wife and daughters are on Xiaomis (a Mi A2 (Android One) and a couple of Redmi Note 7s (so have the Xiaomi skin over Android). They're great phones for the money and almost certainly better than my Google Pixel which is showing its age a little now.