closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Motorbike jacket over s suit....

Motorbike jacket over s suit....

Thoughts and ideas required?

I could do with something more suitable than what I'm currently wearing on my commute as winter is now here and its focusing my mind somewhat.

I only ride a short distance most days (except when the weather is awful) on my bike and just pull on a short textile jacket over my suit and coat. I then store the jacket with my bike and helmet and get the train into work in London.

What I think would be ideal would be a more suitable bike jacket/coat that I could keep on, go to work in and not look like i'd just got off a motorbike.

Been looking at the Rev'it Filmore and also wax jackets of various brands. I can't stretch to a Belstaff budget (I did see the other thread on the great discount deal but it seemed to only be the 'non-motorbike' versions).

So any ideas anyone?
    Last edited by skmark; 4th November 2019 at 17:08.

I always wear BMW kit which I have found to be excellent generally.
    Take a look at BMW Bohling who nearly always have offers?
    They do some good oversuits

I wear an armoured bmw oversuit in winter. It fits over a suit well.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Blog Entries
    What size chest are you?

I very occasionally used to ride in suit but bought a bike jacket for over the top. It’s here if you’re interested sized 46-48” and in black. It is a bike jacket but can be worn semi smart straight off the bike.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by skmark View Post
    Thoughts and ideas required?

I could do with something more suitable than what I'm currently wearing on my commute as winter is now here and its focusing my mind somewhat.

I only ride a short distance most days (except when the weather is awful) on my bike and just pull on a short textile jacket over my suit and coat. I then store the jacket with my bike and helmet and get the train into work in London.

What I think would be ideal would be a more suitable bike jacket/coat that I could keep on, go to work in and not look like i'd just got off a motorbike.

Been looking at the Rev'it Filmore and also wax jackets of various brands. I can't stretch to a Belstaff budget (I did see the other thread on the great discount deal but it seemed to only be the 'non-motorbike' versions).

So any ideas anyone?

Master
    Check this stuff out (https://www.tucanourbano.com/)

What all yer trendy scootery type people wear in that London, but they now have some nice stuff that looks good off the bike too.

This Segura gear is quite cool too. https://www.motolegends.com/jackets/...-in-khaki.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I commuted daily for several years 'suited up' with an Aerostitch Roadcrafter one-piece and I can highly recommend them.

Completely waterproof (yes, really) and easy to get on and off as the zip ran from the neck to the ankle.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Craftsman

2nd vote for the Roadcrafter

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I commuted daily for several years 'suited up' with an Aerostitch Roadcrafter one-piece and I can highly recommend them.

Completely waterproof (yes, really) and easy to get on and off as the zip ran from the neck to the ankle.

R

They're very expensive new, but do pop up on the regular sites. They're not that warm though so factor in a size to allow layers underneath or a heated waistcoat.

Master
    And not available in the UK.
    Klim do a version of it now which is probably better (https://www.motolegends.com/jackets/...g-in-grey.html)

But I thought the op was after a jacket that he could wear into the office

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post

R
    Apart from the crotch area in proper rain

Quote Originally Posted by berin View Post
    Apart from the crotch area in proper rain
    Not IME, maybe being sat on a sheepskin helped though.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by hops View Post
    They're very expensive new, but do pop up on the regular sites. They're not that warm though so factor in a size to allow layers underneath or a heated waistcoat.
    I never felt cold in mine, I think that being completely encased and therefore the lack of wind-chill effect was sufficient.

R

Journeyman
    And not available in the UK.
    Klim do a version of it now which is probably better (https://www.motolegends.com/jackets/...g-in-grey.html)

But I thought the op was after a jacket that he could wear into the office

Rukka do a superb tri-lamiate one piece suite, circa £400

.............But I thought the op was after a jacket that he could wear into the office

That's right, that was the key bit of my question, so all-in-one oversuits despite clearly being 'the dogs' for a long commute are not really what I'm after. Could you imagine me standing on a packed commuter train into London wearing one of those?

Ditto....the BMW adventure type kit, I've actually already got one of those from my "Long-Way-Round" days. I'm trying not to look too much like a biker on the train now.

I have had a look at the Tucano Urbano stuff.....it's quite cool, certain the sort of stuff I was thinking of. I'll checkout Segura as that's not a brand I'm familiar with.

Thanks for the offer Jim, but I'm one of the 'little folk' on here (quite rare it seems).....just a 38-40 :o)

Thanks for all the suggestions.....keep them coming.

Just come across this one......

http://www.merlinbikegear.com/produc...tech/kurkbury/

Anyone had any experience of Merlin?

A British company making products from British materials actually in Britain.....what's not to like??
    Last edited by skmark; 6th November 2019 at 15:12.

Craftsman
    Could you imagine me standing on a packed commuter train into London wearing one of those?
    Thanks for all the suggestions.....keep them coming.
    With the aerostich the full length zips mean it takes seconds to put on & take off. You say you already leave stuff in the bike so leave the suit and wear what you want underneath for the commute.

Just come across this one......

.... that I could keep on, go to work in and not look like i'd just got off a motorbike.
    Nope....you won't look like a motorcyclist at all wearing that.....

I used to commute on a bike for years. I always left my suits at work & changed into them when I got to the office.

I had 2 Rukka suits - the first started to leak after about 5 years. The second I wrote off along with my bike & when I replaced it I got a Hein Gericke Master V which I still have & it's superb. It wasn't cheap, but it was less expensive than Rukka.

Sadly HG went out of business, at least in the UK but there are rumours they might return.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    Nope....you won't look like a motorcyclist at all wearing that.....
    On the London tube in a wax jacket....looking like a biker?

In Sainsburys in a Canada Goose Parka......looking like an artic explorer?

In an investement bank wearing a Submariner.......looking like a deep sea diver?

Thinking a little less conspicuous like this.......

Than this....

Last edited by skmark; 8th November 2019 at 12:38.

Craftsman

Oversuit

If you go for a 'subtle' jacket then you'll have to wear that all the time. With the oversuit you can wear whatever you want underneath and with the long zips it takes seconds to put on or take off, you don't even need to remove your footwear. Suit stays with the bike and you're off in your civvies deep under cover, simples!

Quote Originally Posted by hops View Post
    If you go for a 'subtle' jacket then you'll have to wear that all the time. With the oversuit you can wear whatever you want underneath and with the long zips it takes seconds to put on or take off, you don't even need to remove your footwear. Suit stays with the bike and you're off in your civvies deep under cover, simples!
    Exactly.

I wouldn't want to be wearing a bike type jacket with work wear, it's just too bulky with any protection. I sometimes wear bike gear to work, but I have a change of clothes and another jacket there.

But a good oversuit will either pop in a bag or a pannier, and although you to wear exactly what you would habe if you'd just got off the train.
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    Something leather?

https://youtu.be/Y0oEZUDSH64