closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Pure Evoke H3 or Ruark R1

Master

Pure Evoke H3 or Ruark R1

I am after a new DAB radio and have narrowed it down to the above unless some wise TZ member points me in another direction.

I would say i only listen to the radio 1 hour per day.

The Pure i can get for £90 whereas the Ruark is over £200.

I normally prefer Bose products but they have a very limited range.(Sorry no pun intended)

Any feedback welcome.

Mark

Master
    We have an evoke cf-6 as the kitchen radio. I quite like the internet radio option and sometimes listen to a station in St kitts!
    It was bought as a factory refurb through ebay for about 129 I think. It did fail and had to be replaced but they made no fuss and I think we received a new one not a refurb the second time going by the box. Visually there was no difference mind.
    I did look at Ruark stuff too but the cost differential wasn't justifiable.

Master
    Do you have a link to the eBay refurb store? Also interested in getting a new unit. We have a Pure Evoke in the kitchen and it’s been great.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have a link to the eBay refurb store? Also interested in getting a new unit. We have a Pure Evoke in the kitchen and it’s been great.

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pureradio...temCondition=4

Master
    I have two of the Ruarks which are fine but I have a puresound too of similar shape which sounds just a good. So save your money and get the a Puresound.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamdoor View Post
    I have two of the Ruarks which are fine but I have a puresound too of similar shape which sounds just a good. So save your money and get the a Puresound.
    Thanks the sort of advice I like plus they are on offer at £90 at Curry's so I save a few quid

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    Fabulous. Thanks a lot

I have both of the models that you are considering.
    IMHO both are superior to Roberts products. Both do what I expect of them and I think you will be pleased with either.
    If forced to have only one, I would go with the Ruark.

Ruark, every day of the week. I used to sell both as a hifi dealer, whilst the Pure is ok, it's the quality of the speaker in Ruark that wins.

Master
    Thanks to this thread I was looking a getting a Pure unit for our bedroom - really for the Dab radio, but also for the looks and the style. It would be replacing an old Onkyo system which is a bit bulky.

Anyway, does anyone know which (if any) of the Pure units allow the telescopic aerial to be removed and a mains aerial to be plugged in? Was looking at something like the Evoke C-D6.

Looked at one in a shop a while back but wasn't obvious that the building-in aerial could be removed.

Cheers