closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: DPD have lost my Omega Seamaster 300!

Master

DPD have lost my Omega Seamaster 300!

Just been advised by DPD that they have lost my Omega Seamaster purchased from goldsmiths that was due to be delivered today.they couldn’t give a ****!

Bloody hell, that's bad. Surely that's now between Goldsmiths and the carrier and that Goldsmiths should send you a replacement.

Master
    Hopefully reappear soon. Frustrating.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

It's not that bad is it, Goldsmiths will surely send you a replacement? Far worse had it been been a vintage or impossible-to-source model.

So it's up to goldsmiths to talk to DPD for losing the watch? Just pester for a replacement through the post asap.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by stevie996 View Post
    Just been advised by DPD that they have lost my Omega Seamaster purchased from goldsmiths that was due to be delivered today.they couldn’t give a ****!
    Surely you'll just receive a refund or Goldsmiths will send another one out?

Look on the positive side, you might get 2 watches now!

Sent from my E6653 using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Yes like the others have said - you made a purchase from goldsmiths and goldsmiths haven’t delivered it to you. The burden of delivery is on them, not on you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Check inside your wheely bin ... or under the hedge. DPD leave stuff in all sorts of odd places.

Craftsman
    Well that's less than ideal. Hope it gets resolved!

Quote Originally Posted by amcneill View Post
    Look on the positive side, you might get 2 watches now!

Sent from my E6653 using TZ-UK mobile app
    Every cloud and all that

Sorry to hear this - personal nightmare. I really wish dealers and manufacturers wouldn't use parcels-carriers (so-called "couriers"). Royal Mail are not faultless, but I find they at least know minor details like, e.g. where addresses are, and have a sensible system for dealing with recipient-out, non-deliveries etc.

I used to retail fairly expensive hifi, and wouldn't use carriers for anything >£100 because their insurances are utterly, utterly worthless ; >£5K I usually delivered and installed FOC - avowedly something you can only do if volumes are not high!

Hope this is resolved to your satisfaction.

Master
    Absolutely the burden lies with the sender, as a recipient you've had no contact with the carrier and can't insure it. They said BE CAREFUL USING THE DPD* MOBILE APP! I UNDERSTAND IT DEFAULTS TO 'LEAVE IN A SAFE PLACE (AKA THE DOOR STEP)' FOR ADDRESSEE NOT HOME. At that point DPD have the get out to claim delivery. I've read of them not even bothering to knock and just leaving parcels on the step too. Had that myself from other carriers but just for cheap stuff..
    * probably applies to numerous carriers.

Craftsman
    Pretty sure he gets that it's not on him, he's just venting frustration?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    DPD left a card for me saying tried to deliver you were out etc, , luckily I heard the letterbox, went out and the driver was walking off, didn't even have the parcel on him!!!

Craftsman
    DPD"lost" it, I'm sure...

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    DPD left a card for me saying tried to deliver you were out etc, , luckily I heard the letterbox, went out and the driver was walking off, didn't even have the parcel on him!!!
    I caught them doing that years ago, think it was on launch of PS4. Saw the driver walking back down the driveway empty handed and he hadn't even rang the doorbell, just quietly posted the "sorry you weren't home" card.

Master
    Getting close to Christmas. Some light fingered driver robbed it.

Hope things get sorted.

I hope you get this sorted soon.

What colour did you go for?

Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    Absolutely the burden lies with the sender, as a recipient you've had no contact with the carrier and can't insure it. They said BE CAREFUL USING THE DPD* MOBILE APP! I UNDERSTAND IT DEFAULTS TO 'LEAVE IN A SAFE PLACE (AKA THE DOOR STEP)' FOR ADDRESSEE NOT HOME. At that point DPD have the get out to claim delivery. I've read of them not even bothering to knock and just leaving parcels on the step too. Had that myself from other carriers but just for cheap stuff..
    * probably applies to numerous carriers.
    Interesting - recently this happened to me with another carrier( arrived safely) and they left in a place I had previously used.This whilst very convenient is a get out of jail for them.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ejtrent View Post
    Pretty sure he gets that it's not on him, he's just venting frustration?
    Spot on

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MDSWATCH View Post
    I hope you get this sorted soon.

What colour did you go for?
    Black on the rubber. I bought the Omega grey and black NATO which has already arrived directly from Geneva

Master
    It hasn’t been left at my address, it was at the depot apparently and now they can’t find it

It hasn’t been left at my address, it was at the depot apparently and now they can’t find it
    So what happens next?

Quote Originally Posted by amcneill View Post
    So what happens next?

OP ordered a watch. DPD have lost it. Goldsmiths and DPD have to resolve between themselves. OP is inconvenienced but shouldn’t be out of pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by smalleyboy1 View Post
    OP ordered a watch. DPD have lost it. Goldsmiths and DPD have to resolve between themselves. OP is inconvenienced but shouldn’t be out of pocket.
    Yes I get that.But what has DPD and Goldsmiths said to the OP as regards getting your watch I.e.can you give us a week to try to find it....?

Blog Entries
    So they do not claim to have delivered it and are actually admitting to it going missing while in their possession? If so to both then you're lucky (honestly!). You'll eventually get a watch or a refund.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    So they do not claim to have delivered it and are actually admitting to it going missing while in their possession? If so to both then you're lucky (honestly!). You'll eventually get a watch or a refund.
    Hopefully you are correct. What has irked me is their attitude, they didn’t even call me this afternoon as promised either. This is what I find frustrating, the lack of concern and communication

Master
    Blog Entries
    Lost it or stolen it?

Jim

Blog Entries
    Hopefully you are correct. What has irked me is their attitude, they didn’t even call me this afternoon as promised either. This is what I find frustrating, the lack of concern and communication
    Yup, I can see why that is irksome. It would annoy me too.

I've learned that mass market courier company really don't care. They move so much stuff (and do it on small margins) so there is only so much economic scope for investigation and communications. Also, the recipient is not their customer (the sender is) and they are liable to the sender for the loss, so actually contacting the recipient is probably not high on their priority list.

Not that any of that is to my mind a legitimate excuse for poor communications but it's the world we're in. Cheap is popular.

Quote Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
    Some light fingered driver robbed it.
    IME truly rogue drivers are a rarity - incompetent yes, but not so often thieves. All the cases of theft I've ever know to be nailed-down always happened at the depots. The depots are astonishingly bad. Out-of-sight etc... Flipside is that customers make many a false claim of non-arrival - I had two cases in 9 years of trading where they had the items up for sale within days of submitting a claim - didn't even trouble to try to hide their identities... "It's mine M8 I payed for it!" I probably needn't mention that plod has little or no interest in such cases.

Master
    It turned up today, all good.

No, explanation from DPD.

My theory is they couldn’t be bothered delivering it yesterday as the re label was dated on 3 November

Master
    Sounds right.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Pleased it turned up - saves a whole load of hassle 👍

Craftsman
    I had something similar happen to me, might have been DPD but I can’t remember, where I had an email/text confirming that my parcel had been delivered when it clearly hadn’t. When I phoned the depot, they said that drivers often do that as they get paid for delivering a certain number of parcels each day. It was delivered the next day and when I complained to the driver, he of course had forgotten how to speak English!

Craftsman
    Eeesh, pleased it's turned up but that's whole of aggro you should have been without!

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    IME truly rogue drivers are a rarity - incompetent yes, but not so often thieves. All the cases of theft I've ever know to be nailed-down always happened at the depots. The depots are astonishingly bad. Out-of-sight etc... Flipside is that customers make many a false claim of non-arrival - I had two cases in 9 years of trading where they had the items up for sale within days of submitting a claim - didn't even trouble to try to hide their identities... "It's mine M8 I payed for it!" I probably needn't mention that plod has little or no interest in such cases.
    There was someone on this very forum who had an incredible tale - which frankly, left a lot of people thinking: “Quite clearly - you are the scammer, here”

Craftsman
    Glad the watch has turned up.
    I would not of been a happy chap if I were in your shoes!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

My theory is they couldn’t be bothered delivering it yesterday as the re label was dated on 3 November
    Maybe they don't deliver on Sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Maybe they don't deliver on Sunday?
    They do, but it costs extra (similar for Saturday).
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Blog Entries

Glad it arrived. :-)

Craftsman
    Oh I’m sorry to hear that. Should be ok if insured though very annoying that you won’t get it today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxia View Post
    Oh I’m sorry to hear that. Should be ok if insured though very annoying that you won’t get it today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Did you read the thread?:-)

Master
    I wonder if the jewellers simply didn't pay the extra for weekend delivery.

Master
    Just in case anyone else finds themselves having issues with DPD, the best team to contact is platinum@dpd.co.uk

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    I wonder if the jewellers simply didn't pay the extra for weekend delivery.
    Probably......but did the sender ever claim it would be delivered at the weekend?

Suspect there’s a mismatch between the OP’s expectation and the sender’s intention. Throw in a dose of poor communication and this us the outcome.

Interesting to read this thread from start to finish, the different responses and attitudes are quite amusing.

My gut feeling was that the watch would turn up, they usually do in these situations.........my gut feeling has a habit of being reliable!

Master
    Possibly out for delivery in the van, driver running late so sod it next day will do, regular customers get their deliveries but the rest are squeezed in, I had a supplier who used DPD and got on well with the driver.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Did you read the thread?:-)
    In a hurry, wot?

Glad you got this sorted out! I've had the same issue (not with a watch delivery), where the parcel got 'lost' in the depot, despite the tracking saying it was on a van out for delivery. Fortunately they found it a few days later. Still a scary experience though.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Many couriers are INCOMPETENT for instance one courier company lost a batch of second unit footage shot at great expense in the mountains of British Columbia for X-Men 2. The idiots just couldn't find it. After a week the production company gave up hoping it would turn up and had to send everyone back up there to do it all over again. Not theft, since who would want reels of exposed film of material that didn't contain anything but backgrounds? Sheer incompetence.
    Last edited by Bry1975; 14th April 2020 at 02:33.