closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Grand Seiko

Master

Grand Seiko

A pal of mine is considering a Grand Seiko and looking for a local stockist. He’s based in Cumbria.
    A quick storefinder search suggests Manchester or Leeds ?
    Any advice or pointers gratefully received.
    Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    I’d say worth a trip to the London boutique ion Brompton Road and make a weekend of it.

Otherwise Jura watches mail order.

They did have a pop up in the Burlington arcade, not sure if that’s still there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can one expect to get a discount on a new GS?

Quote Originally Posted by jonasy View Post
    If you're buying from the GS boutique then my understanding is they won't discount at all.

I bought one from AMJ watches online with a discount (20%). They are a GS AD, so full warranty. Some offers on their website at the moment, but shop around of course.

https://amjwatches.co.uk/Grand-Seiko

Quote Originally Posted by Dsmith1974 View Post
    I’d say worth a trip to the London boutique ion Brompton Road and make a weekend of it.
    During Tier 4 lockdown? That would be some weekend - bottle of cider in the park?

Craftsman
    I would definitely go to W Hammond in Leeds, they have CW Sellors / Jura franchise and sell GS. The staff are brilliant, really friendly and knowledgable. I spent a good hour in there a few months ago and the guy who served me was showed me a GS blue snowflake and several Vulcain watches just because he thought I might be interested. I certainly was although I was in there to buy a Doxa ! I would have thought you would get some discount too.

I have no idea if it is open (Tier 3 I think so I guess not)

Craftsman
    I had no luck when I tried in bricks and mortar stores, but got just over 20% online which seems to be about right.

It was from an AD so full warranty etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ey-Up View Post
    I would definitely go to W Hammond in Leeds, they have CW Sellors / Jura franchise and sell GS. The staff are brilliant, really friendly and knowledgable. I spent a good hour in there a few months ago and the guy who served me was showed me a GS blue snowflake and several Vulcain watches just because he thought I might be interested. I certainly was although I was in there to buy a Doxa ! I would have thought you would get some discount too.

I have no idea if it is open (Tier 3 I think so I guess not)
    I second this and was just about to recommend the same. I’ve forgotten the name of the chap Ey-Up mentions but he is indeed incredibly helpful. I’ve only bought 2 watches from him but prior to lockdown, always popped in for a browse and invariably got into a thorough discussion on the latest stock. GS included. He’s always been open to a deal in my experience.

Non-essential retail is open in the local area, so it may be worth a phone call to see what the situation actually is. I think they’re open on slightly reduced hours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk