closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Surprisingly good Ebay strap purchase

Surprisingly good Ebay strap purchase

I was recently on the look out for a thick leather 22mm one in dark green and decided to go "cheap" via Ebay. After the usual searching I came across this one:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Handmade-...2vTvxtS97NWwlQ

From a seller with ID pynchon63.

I ordered the strap and was a bit surprised that pynchon63 contacted me before shipping to ask my wrist size, he explained that he wanted to be sure that the length would be right for me.
    The strap duly arrived and was clearly not the run of the mill stuff that winds its way here from placed like China, this is a quality piece of work so I contacted him to ask if he made them himself which he confirmed that he did. I should have guessed from the listing where he mentioned making contact if you wanted a specific colour that these were being produced locally. He doesn't have a website yet and has to keep his prices low to sell on Ebay; I paid £17 inc postage and as far as I can tell its as good as many well known brands that sell for £50+.

Anyway worth a look, his name is John BTW.

Keith

Craftsman
    Have two of his, both excellent straps for the money

Master
    Think I have about 6 straps made by John - all really top quality vegetable tanned Italian Leather & custom made for such a great price + service.

Yep have also ordered from John before, a nice guy who makes really good straps to order.

Journeyman
    Thats great - good to hear a pleasant experience on a strap purchase from Ebay

Good shout. Thanks.

I'm going to order a new 18mm in dark brown with ivory stitch to go with this: