closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Barcelona...

Master

Barcelona...

After some advice on visiting in light of the recent civil unrest/demonstrations.

I am due to visit towards the end of the month and wondering whether or not to postpone my trip.

Any advice gratefully received.

Master
    Not sure it helps but a couple of friends were there last week and had no problems at all. If you're concerned then it might be better to postpone if possible.

Friend out there this week with his wife and two young sons, no problems at all is what they are saying.

I was in Barcelona earlier this year and love the city.

I don’t know about the recent protests, but I would advise you to be careful about your valuables and keep wallets, etc in front trouser pockets.

I have too many colleagues who have suffered the attentions of pickpockets in Barcelona than I would care to mention.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    No problem with the demos, nothing like HK

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by willie_gunn View Post

I don’t know about the recent protests, but I would advise you to be careful about your valuables and keep wallets, etc in front trouser pockets.

I have too many colleagues who have suffered the attentions of pickpockets in Barcelona than I would care to mention.[/url]
    Does seem to be notorious for its pick pockets. A colleague who used to live there said to be on my guard especially around the Ramblas

Blog Entries
    My wife is currently in Barcelona for work. She hasn't seen or heard a thing. However... there are elections planned for November 10th. That may spark new riots.

Master
    A little fishing village on the banks of the mersey.
    Quote Originally Posted by willie_gunn View Post

I have too many colleagues who have suffered the attentions of pickpockets in Barcelona than I would care to mention.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    Good advice also be wary in large crowds, and even warier of women holding babies, if one approaches you and appears in distress, RUN.
    Last edited by the big fella; 4th November 2019 at 05:16.

Hi LuBee
    I was there last week-end with Mrs T and there seemed to be plenty of Police around in general.
    Noticed some who were a bit more riot style ones in places , maybe government/civil buildings.
    Only protest we saw seemed like one of the Extinction Rebellion type around Pl Catalunya I think.
    Apart from that we had a great time and found it a really nice place. If you like a beer we went
    to Garage Beer Co. who make some lovely beers , we had some Tapas there and ordered 4 dishes
    which when they arrived were way too much for the two of us.
    Mick

Master
    Cheers for the insights...most lightly going to still go, you only live once! Will wait for the weekends elections then make a final decision.

Apprentice
    If the concern is truly “safety” then it is important to stress that, as far as I know, not a single passerby has been injured in any situation, either march or demonstration or fire brigade building. Barcelona is a huge place. Protesters take up a small part of that. In any case, the biggest safety issue which affects tourists is still going to be pickpockets. And I have always used public transport (airport train or bus), except for one or two times a taxi, and never had a problem. They are very reliable. But that depends of course, where your destination in the city is. If you are going to a hotel which is not situated near the train or bus stops, then I recommend barcelona airport transfers or taxi. Our tour guides told us that Barcelona's taxis are among the least expensive in Europe.
    Last edited by Beazy; 2nd March 2020 at 00:16.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    If the concern is truly “safety” then it is important to stress that, as far as I know, not a single passerby has been injured in any situation, either march or demonstration or fire brigade building. Barcelona is a huge place. Protesters take up a small part of that. In any case, the biggest safety issue which affects tourists is still going to be pickpockets.
    I went, had a fab time no problems at all.

One of my best mates lives there, we visit him and his partner most years, and have done for the last dozen or so, with our kids and on our own. Never had a problem, it is a lovely city.
    But like all cities, it pays not to be silly or overly drunk in popular places, it offers you up as a a target for criminals.