closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watchfinder - £10,000 off

Craftsman

Watchfinder - £10,000 off

https://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Patek%...c705517&rank=5

£10K off shows the profit margins were high !

Fantastic. Hopefully that means I get mine quicker if the arse is falling out of them.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by redkite View Post
    https://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Patek%...c705517&rank=5

£10K off shows the profit margins were high !
    Based on quotes I have had, they give you half the value they then advertise at...or 100% mark up to quite another way

Good market if you can dominate the flow, which WF are trying to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Fantastic. Hopefully that means I get mine quicker if the arse is falling out of them.
    My thoughts exactly, waiting for the Annual Calenders to topple

I just looked at their Black Friday sale and IWC and Breitlings are being dumped. I saw a big pilot box and papers at 5200. So if that is trade what the hell is private. Never seen them below 5k but that is defo going to happen now.

Master
    Noticed the retail was just under £18k. Is there a long wait for these watches? You've too much money if you are prepared to pay £20k over list.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mrushton View Post
    Noticed the retail was just under £18k. Is there a long wait for these watches? You've too much money if you are prepared to pay £20k over list.
    There is zero wait time as you can’t get on a list.

Drop 50-100k on a complicated patek seems to be the only way to buy from an AD.

Lucky enough to pick mine up before the madness really started. Looking at it and I see a 15 k watch that could sell now for 30k (or there about a, no idea how real the prices are). Madness. Could then buy a 50k watch second hand that is trading at below retail. Or turn it into a amazing 3 piece collection like an A lange 1815 (15k), a JLC ultra thin moon (5k) and a 5 digit Rolex and potentially have a few k change.....almost talk myself into there looking at that three piece!

A lot of dosh to have tied up in a piece. Had some serious thoughts of it over the last month but have decided “a bird in the hand....”! I love the watch.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 893bet View Post

Lucky enough to pick mine up before the madness really started. Looking at it and I see a 15 k watch that could sell now for 30k (or there about a, no idea how real the prices are). Madness. Could then buy a 50k watch second hand that is trading at below retail. Or turn it into a amazing 3 piece collection like an A lange 1815 (15k), a JLC ultra thin moon (5k) and a 5 digit Rolex and potentially have a few k change.....almost talk myself into there looking at that three piece!

A lot of dosh to have tied up in a piece. Had some serious thoughts of it over the last month but have decided “a bird in the hand....”! I love the watch.
    I’d be tempted to rationalise it as you have outlined. Either option looks a better bet than holding.

Craftsman
    So the Patel bubble has burst as well as the Rolex bubble?

It's still only three years since they were sitting on SC around MRSP. Any expectation of those days returning any time soon?

Journeyman
    Another year and hopefully back to retail

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    It's still only three years since they were sitting on SC around MRSP. Any expectation of those days returning any time soon?
    Struggled to sell mine on here for £11.5k if i remember

Craftsman
    Maybe the AD's might even open the waiting list!!!!!!!

I picked one up at about retail three years ago, tried to get on with it but ended up trading it to Watchfinder with just about enough profit for this 5135P.

Honestly can’t understand the hype surrounding the Aquanaut. To me it didn’t even seem worth the rrp, let alone the inflated prices being charged by the grey dealers. Common sense must come into play at some point, even with this crazy hobby. I also doubt that Watchfinder have ever sold an example at the claimed before price.

Quote Originally Posted by langdalematt View Post
    I just looked at their Black Friday sale and IWC and Breitlings are being dumped. I saw a big pilot box and papers at 5200. So if that is trade what the hell is private. Never seen them below 5k but that is defo going to happen now.
    Quite a few bargains, IWC portofino chronos 3k, Portuguese chronos 3.5k and the 7day model for 5k (as well as your mention of Big Pilot for 5k)!

Journeyman
    Looking at the 5135P myself. Stunning watch and very much understated. Seems one better than my 5134G

Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    Struggled to sell mine on here for £11.5k if i remember
    There's someone else on here who got something of a bargain not that long ago

Craftsman

Conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    Quite a few bargains, IWC portofino chronos 3k, Portuguese chronos 3.5k and the 7day model for 5k (as well as your mention of Big Pilot for 5k)!
    Looking at the reductions on offer you would not be willing to pay their prices on the non sale stock. Maybe the sale is an enticement by WF to start a conversation for buyers on the non sale watches and negotiate a selling price on that stock as well. Nothing seems to be flying off the shelves at WF and looking around a number of retailers, Winter has certainly arrived.

Could be a good January, February for deals, if you are carrying some spare cash.

Master
    I think the WF bubble has burst more than the whole market.

Craftsman

Bubble

Quote Originally Posted by alanm_3 View Post
    I think the WF bubble has burst more than the whole market.
    Would agree with you. WF are certainly taking some impact and a large number of Secondary dealers who were being just as optimistic with their pricing as WF were, are not shifting stock at the rate you may expect at this time of year. If they bought in high they are reluctant to drop prices and just hold out for some sucker to come along or just play the long game if cash reserves allow.

Is the current market having to make a readjustment, certainly looks that way. Is the chance of getting a Rolex sports or Steel Patek at RRP increasing, No, but maybe the silly season prices are starting to register and buyers are just saying no thanks, drop your prices or I will find someone who will and if they don’t, I will just wait.

Master
    Watchfinder are not taking a hit at all guys...Their major competitor Govberg aka watchbox have now been stripped of Richemont watches as a group. This puts WF in poll position and probably the only authorised reseller and servicing authentication of Richemont watches. IWC and also some other brands are now into part exchange and they just WF (owned by richemont) to cycle their old stock and make money again on watxhes they sold. They are gonna keep growing stronger is my view.

Craftsman

Strong

Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    Watchfinder are not taking a hit at all guys...Their major competitor Govberg aka watchbox have now been stripped of Richemont watches as a group. This puts WF in poll position and probably the only authorised reseller and servicing authentication of Richemont watches. IWC and also some other brands are now into part exchange and they just WF (owned by richemont) to cycle their old stock and make money again on watxhes they sold. They are gonna keep growing stronger is my view.

They are only as strong as the buying market and if buyers are not taking an interest in Richemont brands or not willing to pay WF prices, then WF can have all the pre owned stock they want but it will sitting in the stock room.

Is the market that strong for pre owned JLC, Cartier or IWC etc, I am not so sure.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    They are only as strong as the buying market and if buyers are not taking an interest in Richemont brands or not willing to pay WF prices, then WF can have all the pre owned stock they want but it will sitting in the stock room.

Is the market that strong for pre owned JLC, Cartier or IWC etc, I am not so sure.
    I think the preowned is where brands like JLC and IWC really shines. Also remember they now operate Trade ins like cars at many boutiques also. Cartier is a flagship for richemont and they are doing very well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 893bet View Post

If you love it keep it! Personally I sold out with mine - maybe before the high point - and now have a VC, Hulk - I know(!) and enough for another nice watch or two.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    If you love it keep it! Personally I sold out with mine - maybe before the high point - and now have a VC, Hulk - I know(!) and enough for another nice watch or two.
    I am holding! It ticks too many boxes for me, and would be impossible to replace in Ireland.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    There's someone else on here who got something of a bargain not that long ago
    Can’t deny that!

Shocking 10k off what did they pay for it in first place. lol I see Patek taking a hit on the open market.

Craftsman
    It didnt sell, so they've put it back to £39,950 !

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by redkite View Post
    It didnt sell, so they've put it back to £39,950 !
    Wonder if it will be back down to £30k on cyber monday. Atleast people now have an indication on the level of potential wiggle room on these models.

Master
    The aquanaut is a horrible watch, a poor mans 5711 which in turn is a poor mans any patek. Their worst movement, non-hacking and with documented troubles with the date function, its not nearly worth RRP let alone the insane bubble price 2nd hand... I feel sorry for anyone buying into these pieces at these prices.