closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Do you need to register a congestion charge exempt vehicle to drive into London?

Do you need to register a congestion charge exempt vehicle to drive into London?

I’ve checked the TfL website and frankly I’m none the wiser. My fault I’m sure but that’s not helpful anyway.

Basically I have a VW GTE hybrid at the moment which is CC exempt (I’ve checked this on the TfL website). Does that mean I can just drive in and out willy-nilly or do I need to “creat an account” or something else in quotes? Even though the road tax is £0 I still have to apply for it each year, which seems a bit daft but there you are. Keeps the MoT and insurance in check I suppose.

Master
    Not sure how it is now but you used to have to do it. I’m going back to 2011 though. I had a greenline Skoda Octavia that was below the congestion charge limit for the time but because I didn’t register the car with TFL I had to pay.

You need to register and set up an account on the TFL site and then you will need to apply for the discount. Costs £10 to apply but once done you are free.

You need to upload a copy of the V5 and they then approve your car.

Many thanks for the replies.