closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Berlin Rolex dealers

Master
    Blog Entries

Berlin Rolex dealers

Visited 2 of them today for a look see and asking the stupid question, “any Stainless Steel Rolex spirts.” (No I didn’t ask if they had a SS Rolex watch before anyone asks.)

Staff were very polite and keen to chat. They claim all they have in stock are whats in the window or bare cabinets inside.

Did see couple of Sub with dates for €7860 or so in a used watch shop and another had a Vintage ‘red’ sub for €12800.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmcb View Post
    Visited 2 of them today for a look see and asking the stupid question, “any Stainless Steel Rolex spirts.” (No I didn’t ask if they had a SS Rolex watch before anyone asks.)

Staff were very polite and keen to chat. They claim all they have in stock are whats in the window or bare cabinets inside.

Did see couple of Sub with dates for €7860 or so in a used watch shop and another had a Vintage ‘red’ sub for €12800.

Jim
    I’m hearing that in “Allo Allo Policeman” accent...............

Master
    Sorry, I can’t make sense of your 1st paragraph ?

I visited a couple of Rolex ADs in Diagonal, Barcelona when I was there on Monday. Thought I’d be clever and point to a photograph of the Hulk on my iPhone and hope for the best. They looked at me and smiled politely, obviously thinking “What is this English buffoon on about??!” Never seen so many empty cases where watches should be.

Craftsman
    Disappointingly I'm there in a few weeks via T5, looks like both options will turn up nothing.

I always get a little excited going on business trips as I can't help but wonder if "maybe this time!" they'll be something in an AD's window for me.

Nothing yet tho :(

I sense we are now in the era of: “what sports Rolex (that could be turned around for a profit) do you have?”

”Doesn’t matter which one - I’ll take it”

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by WHL1882 View Post
    I visited a couple of Rolex ADs in Diagonal, Barcelona when I was there on Monday. Thought I’d be clever and point to a photograph of the Hulk on my iPhone and hope for the best. They looked at me and smiled politely, obviously thinking “What is this English buffoon on about??!” Never seen so many empty cases where watches should be.
    I wonder do Spanish people do likewise in London Rolex ADs

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    I wonder do Spanish people do likewise in London Rolex ADs
    No, all London Rolex dealers are bilingual.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    I sense we are now in the era of: “what sports Rolex (that could be turned around for a profit) do you have?”

”Doesn’t matter which one - I’ll take it”
    Can't speak for all but I tend to keep them for a while, I guess holding the warranty cards would somewhat mitigate the flip.

I actually bought a tudor GMT at the weekend as was surprised they wanted to keep the warranty card for it, first time i'd heard about that on a Tudor.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
    Can't speak for all but I tend to keep them for a while, I guess holding the warranty cards would somewhat mitigate the flip.

I actually bought a tudor GMT at the weekend as was surprised they wanted to keep the warranty card for it, first time i'd heard about that on a Tudor.
    Did you let them keep it?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkR View Post

Keeping the warranty card for the Tudor is a bit silly. IMO they want to create an impression that this piece is flippable to try and drive up demand. But a quick search on the market now will show there are plenty available at list and some mint pre owned copies sold slightly below.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by fraz101 View Post
    Did you let them keep it?
    No, I said I didn't see the need for them to hold it and as noted, the watch is freely available now.

I mentioned that if they insisted on keeping it I would just go and buy it elsewhere.