closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Glashutte divers

I think we've touched upon them somewhere. I like these, the finishing looks excellent, especially in blue. However I have a worry about the size at nearly 44mm.

Also note - that is a promotional piece, not one written by the fratello editorial team.

Master
    There was a thread. I like them a lot. Look superb and the non date one has lovely dimensions.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    There was a thread. I like them a lot. Look superb and the non date one has lovely dimensions.
    They all have dates. I guess you mean the vintage style one. I like the modern one although size may be an issue. There is a good YouTube video about the testing process on the big date version https://youtu.be/2xZgjEs5w1o

i like the blue but I already have GO Seventies in blue. The sunburst on the black looks good too.
    i can’t help but think I might feel short changed by the movement in the smaller version, it’s one of GOs most basic and only has 40 hours power reserve vs 100 in the bigger version.

Master
    Nice, I'm liking these a lot.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by phil h View Post
    They all have dates. I guess you mean the vintage style one. I like the modern one although size may be an issue. There is a good YouTube video about the testing process on the big date version https://youtu.be/2xZgjEs5w1o

i like the blue but I already have GO Seventies in blue. The sunburst on the black looks good too.
    i can’t help but think I might feel short changed by the movement in the smaller version, it’s one of GOs most basic and only has 40 hours power reserve vs 100 in the bigger version.

I meant the one without the grand date.

Master
    The Pano Date one is 15.65mm thick - which is a shame as I think they look good. .. The GO Sport Evolution divers were 42.5mm & 14.6mm thick with 200m wr, for comparison..

They looked sh*t in the metal sadly. Saw and handled these in Hamburg yesterday. Get an Omega and you save some money or buy a 50 Fathoms and you get something much better

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    They do look quite underwhelming in your photo there Ryan the Senators and Panolunarmatic look much more appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    They looked sh*t in the metal sadly. Saw and handled these in Hamburg yesterday. Get an Omega and you save some money or buy a 50 Fathoms and you get something much better

Well I'm going to bump this up - a hands on review by monochrome and I think it looks really good. No offence Ryan, but your pic clearly shows that is some pretty crap lighting!

Worth checking the hands on - https://monochrome-watches.com/glash...-review-price/

Master
    I still think they look good - especially the large date version. Ryan offered an Omega or Blancpain as better alternatives - but the movement and finishing on the GO is superior to both of these I think.

Quote Originally Posted by bry nylon View Post
    I still think they look good - especially the large date version. Ryan offered an Omega or Blancpain as better alternatives - but the movement and finishing on the GO is superior to both of these I think.
    There is zero chance this is better than a Blancpain from a fit and finish perspective. But we all have different tastes. I can actually get around 35% off this after Feb next year so I'm not ruling out a hands on experience as I imagine it's fairly flip-proof at that price

Quote Originally Posted by bry nylon View Post
    GO have great finishing and supremely under rated. I own a Panomatic Lunar and the movement is absolutely stunning.

So I'd say movement finishing is for sure above Omega. As for Blancpain, I would have to look under a loupe as I have not spent lots of time with them, but I reckon GO is better than their more industrious movements - so it really depends on which Blancpain we're comparing to.

I can't wait to have a hands on at some point with these GO divers, size maybe an issue though.

There is zero chance this is better than a Blancpain from a fit and finish perspective. But we all have different tastes. I can actually get around 35% off this after Feb next year so I'm not ruling out a hands on experience as I imagine it's fairly flip-proof at that price

Zero chance, what do you base your comment on beyond difference in styling?
    Last edited by crazyp; 6th November 2019 at 12:52.

Master
    Having no 1st hand experience of either brand (Blancpain and Glashutte Original) I'd be interested to know more about the various nuances on fit and finish by comparison.
    With that said I'd always take a Blancpain FF as I find it much more aesthetically pleasing!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    GO have great finishing and supremely under rated. I own a Panomatic Lunar and the movement is absolutely stunning.

So I'd say movement finishing is for sure above Omega. As for Blancpain, I would have to look under a loupe as I have not spent lots of time with them, but I reckon GO is better than their more industrious movements - so it really depends on which Blancpain we're comparing to.

I can't wait to have a hands on at some point with these GO divers, size maybe an issue though.

Zero chance, what do you base your comment on beyond difference in styling?
    I owned a BP 50 Fathoms and handled the Glashutte. The BP is nearly up there with Grand Seiko for fit and finish. The Glashutte was maybe nudging Rolex levels but probably a bit lower. I can't comment on the movement (although BP has 120 hour power reserve vs 100 hour on the Glashutte) but the contouring on the 50 Fathoms case, the finishing of the indices, the Sapphire bezel were all a notch above on the BP compared to the Glashutte. But IMHO of course
    Last edited by ryanb741; 6th November 2019 at 13:05.

Or buy a nineties model for around 10% of the price (or less) !

Master
    I owned a BP 50 Fathoms and handled the Glashutte. The BP is nearly up there with Grand Seiko for fit and finish. The Glashutte was maybe nudging Rolex levels but probably a bit lower. I can't comment on the movement (although BP has 120 hour power reserve vs 100 hour on the Glashutte) but the contouring on the 50 Fathoms case, the finishing of the indices, the Sapphire bezel were all a notch above on the BP compared to the Glashutte. But IMHO of course
    Very interesting, thanks. Also confirms my assertions on Grand Seiko and now I want one even more.

Craftsman
    A bit on the boring side, no?
    Very generic it seems to me.

I've found GO's dials in particular to be expertly made, especially in the application of the indices. I believe that the GO has a ceramic insert as opposed to the sapphire on the FF. I'm actually neutral on either material, give me a good steel insert over either any day of the week.

Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to my own hands on in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxia View Post
    A bit on the boring side, no?
    Very generic it seems to me.
    Got some examples of other watches that make you say that?

Master

Sorry - my mistake, I meant the movement finishing, not the case work etc..

They may be true to an original design of their own but they've still managed to make it look like a Vostok or some such
    Gray

Journeyman
    Quite impressed by these, especially after the recent run of disappointing sport watch releases, but priced a bit too high imo

Journeyman
    Looks top notch - tho dial numbers a bit big for my liking

Interesting, but nonetheless totally subjective, Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by HookedSeven View Post
    Or buy a nineties model for around 10% of the price (or less) !
    If you don't mind me asking, how many of those do you have?
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, how many of those do you have?
    Just these two... and actually the Glashutte probably needs a service so doesn’t really get worn. I know that they’re they’re far from high-horological, but they were born just after reunification and I think are an interesting piece of the Glashutte story. I just looked on eBay and the last one that sold was around 5% the price of the new version.