closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: iOS 13.2. Released

iOS 13.2. Released

A bit late posting this having updated last night. Changelog (sort of)
    Last edited by Skier; 29th October 2019 at 14:39.

I have updated -

Looked at some comparisons of before and after images using the new algorithm and the change in detail looks very noticeable - I have found the HDR images quite soft!

Look at this chap's t-shirt

Save the planet by making even more tech obsolete.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick View Post
    Save the planet by making even more tech obsolete.
    What?

As a non-iPhone 11 user the biggest draw here are the new emoji and the bug fixes. Here are the release notes:

Quote Originally Posted by Apple
    iOS 13.2 introduces Deep Fusion, an advanced image processing system that uses the A13 Bionic Neural Engine to capture images with dramatically better texture, detail, and reduced noise in lower light, on iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max. Additional features include updated and additional emoji, Announce Messages for AirPods, support for AirPods Pro, HomeKit Secure Video, HomeKit enabled routers, and new Siri privacy settings. This update also contains bug fixes and improvements.

Camera
    – Deep Fusion for iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max uses the A13 Bionic Neural Engine to capture multiple images at various exposures, run a pixel-by-pixel analysis, and fuse the highest quality parts of the images together resulting in photos with dramatically better texture, details, and reduced noise, especially for mid to low light scenes
    – Ability to change the video resolution directly from the Camera app for iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max

Emoji
    – Over 70 new or updated emoji, including animals, food, activities, new accessibility emoji, gender neutral emoji, and skin tones selection for couple emoji AirPods support
    – Announce Messages with Siri to read your incoming messages aloud to your AirPods

AirPods Pro support

– Home App
    – HomeKit Secure Video enables you to privately capture, store, and view encrypted video from your security cameras and features people, animal, and vehicle detection
    – HomeKit enabled routers put you in control of what your HomeKit accessories communicate with over the internet or in your home

Siri
    – Privacy settings to control whether or not to help improve *Siri* and Dictation by allowing Apple to store audio of your *Siri* and Dictation interactions
    – Option to delete your *Siri* and Dictation history from *Siri* Settings

This update also includes bug fixes and other improvements. This update:

– Fixes an issue that may prevent passwords from autofilling in 3rd party apps
    – Resolves an issue that may prevent the keyboard from appearing when using Search
    – Addresses an issue where swipe to go home might not work on iPhone X and later
    – Fixes an issue where Messages would only send a single notification when the option to repeat alerts was enabled
    – Addresses an issue where Messages may display a phone number instead of a contact name
    – Resolves an issue that caused Contacts to launch to the previously opened contact instead of the contact list
    – Fixes an issue that may prevent Markup annotations from being saved
    – Resolves an issue where saved notes could temporarily disappear
    – Fixes an issue where iCloud Backup might not successfully complete after tapping Backup Now in Settings
    – Improves performance when using AssistiveTouch to activate App Switcher

I’m seriously considering ditching IPhone and going Android. Updated the software this week on my SE (I’m not a big screen fan or App user) and can considerably notice the difference on my battery not lasting as long.

Phone was 2 years old in September this year. Battery health is 86%.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Guz View Post
    I’m seriously considering ditching IPhone and going Android. Updated the software this week on my SE (I’m not a big screen fan or App user) and can considerably notice the difference on my battery not lasting as long.

When my update for my iphone 6s plus was due earlier this year I baulked at the cost of a meaningful update and was recommended a Samsung A7 by the MD ( who had one himself) of our business phone provider.
    9 months on I won't be going back to ios. It's no surprise that iphone sales are struggling.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Guz View Post

After an update, your phone will be doing all kinds of ‘updates’ in the background for a couple of days, chewing up the battery. Leave it plugged into the charger overnight for a couple of days (so it keeps doing it’s thing all night) and you will find the battery usage returns to normal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    By all accounts a pretty annoying bug has been introduced that kills off apps running in the background. Battery drain affecting certain models such as iPhone 7. Think I will stay on 13.1.3 for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    By all accounts a pretty annoying bug has been introduced that kills off apps running in the background. Battery drain affecting certain models such as iPhone 7. Think I will stay on 13.1.3 for now.
    The more aggressive killing of background apps is in all versions of iOS 13 but is more pronounced in 13.2. I frequently see splash screens from apps when I switch to them rather than them opening from memory. It is a very annoying change.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    The more aggressive killing of background apps is in all versions of iOS 13 but is more pronounced in 13.2. I frequently see splash screens from apps when I switch to them rather than them opening from memory. It is a very annoying change.
    Are you using an older iPhone? I ask as on my iPhone X I don't see this at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Skier View Post
    Are you using an older iPhone? I ask as on my iPhone X I don't see this at all.
    I’m seeing it all the time on my iPad Pro 11” which I use multi-tasking a lot. I have seen it a little bit on my iPhone X.

13.2.2 is now out with a fix for the background app issue:

Quote Originally Posted by Apple
    Release notes for iOS 13.2.2:

iOS 13.2.2 includes bug fixes and improvements for your iPhone. This update:

• Fixes an issue that could cause apps to quit unexpectedly when running in the background
    • Resolves an issue where iPhone may temporarily lose mobile signal after a call
    • Addresses an issue where mobile data may temporarily not be available
    • Fixes an issue that caused replies to S/MIME encrypted email messages between Exchange accounts to be unreadable
    • Addresses an issue where using Kerberos single sign-on service in Safari may present an authentication prompt
    • Resolves an issue where charging may be interrupted on YubiKey Lightning-powered accessories

No issue on my iPhone 7, just updated to 13.2.2. In fact my 7 works so well I’ve put off upgrading until the 12 comes out, by which time it will be 3.5 years old. Find myself using my phone less since I bought a MacBook, so any saving made not updating the phone ‘goes towards’ the MacBook cost in my man maths!
    Got to say whilst the 11pro a few work colleagues have looks great, I’m quite satisfied with the camera on the 7 for my snaps, and besides a bigger screen and the ‘upgrade’ of FaceTime (I prefer the fingerprint thing actually) I can’t see why I’d bother. Of course, if the 7 gets accidentally broken in the meantime, or suddenly goes pop for some reason, I’ll spring for a new phone - but for now, quite happy to save my pennies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear you re upgrading. I have the iPhone X and won't upgrade until 5G is incorporated and probably not until it's available in my area.

Quote Originally Posted by Skier View Post
    I hear you re upgrading. I have the iPhone X and won't upgrade until 5G is incorporated and probably not until it's available in my area.
    Smart money suggests that the X was a high spec from the start & the 11 Pro is not hugely better (camera excepted).
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

I’m very happy with my X too. It’s the longest I’ve kept an iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Smart money suggests that the X was a high spec from the start & the 11 Pro is not hugely better (camera excepted).
    Prior to the iPhone X I had a 7S and had no real intention of upgrading. I won the iPhone X in an American Airlines competition (fastest completion of an in-flight crossword competition) on my way to Mexico. When I received the call that I'd won I negotiated to pay $200 to upgrade it from 64GB (no use to me) to 256GB; they agreed and the phone was delivered a couple of days after I got home after 3.5 weeks. These things never (previously) happen to me!

This update has definitely fixed the background app bug. I’m not seeing it any more on my iPad or iPhone.

Annoying that you can't double tap web pages anymore. It's restricted to pinch and zoom so can't use it one handed.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Annoying that you can't double tap web pages anymore. It's restricted to pinch and zoom so can't use it one handed.
    You can zoom using the AA button in the address bar. The first item in the pop down is page magnification. Granted it’s not as quick as the double tap but that has been repurposed as a text select shortcut so could no longer be used for zooming.

iOS 13.2.3 Released

iOS 13.2.3 Released.

Changelog:

iOS 13.2.3 includes bug fixes and improvements for your iPhone. This update:

Fixes an issue where system search and search within Mail, Files, and Notes might not work
    Addresses an issue where photos, links, and other attachments might not display in the Messages details view
    Fixes an issue that could prevent apps from downloading content in the background
    Resolves issues that may prevent Mail from fetching new messages, and fail to include and quote original message content in Exchange accounts