closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Submariner to Snowflake

Submariner to Snowflake

I appreciate this will be a little controversial but hear me out.
    My oldest Rolex is a 16800, it has great sentimental value and even though I rarely wear it I don't wish to sell it, on the other hand I think I'd think wear a Tudor blue snowflake much more often, would it be possible to get a Snowflake dial, handset and bezel and have a forum watchmaker swap the parts?
    I'd end up with a watch I'll likely wear much more, I'd still have the sentimental attachment and at some future point I could, should I wish revert it back to original 16800.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Are you asking whether the parts will fit or whether the forum thinks you'd be mad to do so?

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Are you asking whether the parts will fit or whether the forum thinks you'd be mad to do so?
    Sorry, yes it's whether the bits would be an easy fit such as 'dial feet and bezel'.

Blog Entries
    This is a watch forum, the only answer is to own both.

Short answer is no, the Eta dial feet and hand sizes will not be identical to the Rolex ones. Plus, all the value in a snowflake is in the dial and hands, so it would be very hard to buy them as loose parts.

Master
    Sounds overly complicated even if technically possible (which I doubt) - runs the risk of damage to the 16800 dial etc during the operation.

Buying a snowflake would seem to be the answer, separate Tudor dial/hands and insert will pricey anyway, thats if you you can find them.

Its a no from me

Master
    You know deep down the answer is 2

The easy answer is of course to simply buy a Snowflake, however I'm probably not as WIS as many of you and don't just want another blo**y watch in the box so I was really just interested in the compatibility,

Sounds like an terrible idea! Just go and buy the snowflake on S/c, then keep both 😀

I think your heading needs to be Submariner or Snowflake - not converting one to the other. Surely anyone selling a decent Snowflake would consider a decent 16800 in trade - just decide which you want most, which from here sounds like the Snowflake.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I think your heading needs to be Submariner or Snowflake - not converting one to the other. Surely anyone selling a decent Snowflake would consider a decent 16800 in trade - just decide which you want most, which from here sounds like the Snowflake.
    If it was any other watch in the box I wouldn't hesitate selling it to buy a Snowflake but it has too much attached to it.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    but it has too much attached to it.
    Hang tag? Stickers? :)

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Hang tag? Stickers? :)
    That's very good