closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 57

Thread: Everest Black 36mm

  1. #1
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    267

    Everest Black 36mm

    Hi all,

    To help get me through this week as I eagerly anticipate the arrival of my first Time Factors watch.. (and to give me some ideas) can folks share images of their own Everest 36mm on the different straps they have to dress it up and down?!

    Cheers!

  2. #2
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    42
    2nd all that. I am holding back on Steveo Straps order until I give the supplied strap a go first.
    Black Eulit perlon might be an option.
    https://holbensfinewatchbands.com/co...lack-two-piece
    Last edited by wallyuk; 29th October 2019 at 09:35.

  3. #3
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Whitstable, UK
    Posts
    666

  4. #4
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    202
    On Phoenix NATO (the one called "Speedway" or Regimental Grey)



    On Brown Eulit Panama Perlon


  5. #5
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    London
    Posts
    527
    Haveston and a pavstrap




  6. #6
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3

    need help

    I'm thinking of purchasing the Everest Black, 36. It's a beautiful watch. I need some help because as you know it's hard to buy without seeing the watch.
    i need some help from the owners of this watch.
    How accurate is the watch?
    What is the new band like?
    I don't like the length of the hands very much. I heard that they wanted to change this. What do you know about this? Shall I wait?

    JŁrgen

  7. #7
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by espresso67 View Post
    I'm thinking of purchasing the Everest Black, 36. It's a beautiful watch. I need some help because as you know it's hard to buy without seeing the watch.
    i need some help from the owners of this watch.
    How accurate is the watch?
    What is the new band like?
    I don't like the length of the hands very much. I heard that they wanted to change this. What do you know about this? Shall I wait?

    JŁrgen
    I just received the Expedition which has the same bracelet and movement as the Everest. The bracelet is very nice though a simple push-button clasp would have been better than the one supplied. It is easy to adjust and comfortable to wear.

    Miyota states that the 9039 movement can be between -10~+30 sec per day. In the day I had it before I had to adjust for the time change mine gained 3 seconds when worn during the day and kept on edge at night.

    As for the Everest's hands, it's a matter of taste. I think it would look better with a slightly longer hour hand and shorter minute hand. From what I've read the hands were supposed to be changed. Whether you wait or not is up to you.
    Last edited by fishbio2; 3rd November 2019 at 18:04. Reason: corrected typo.

  8. #8
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3

    need some help

    Thank you so far. Forgot to ask: Is there any noise because of the rotor?

    greetings from Germany

    Quote Originally Posted by fishbio2 View Post
    I just received the Expedition which has the same bracelet and movement as the Everest. The bracelet is very nice though a simple push-button clasp would have been better than the one supplied. It is easy to adjust and comfortable to wear.

    Miyota states that the 9039 movement can be between -10~+30 sec per day. In the day I had it before I had to adjust for the time change mine gained 3 seconds when worn during the day and kept on edge at night.

    As for the Everest's hands, it's a matter of taste. I think it would look better with a slightly longer hour hand and shorter minute hand. From what I've read the hands were supposed to be changed. Whether you wait or not is up to you.

  9. #9
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by espresso67 View Post
    Thank you so far. Forgot to ask: Is there any noise because of the rotor?

    greetings from Germany
    There's a faint sound audible only when the watch is a few cm, from my ear.

  10. #10
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Tonbridge, UK
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by fishbio2 View Post
    There's a faint sound audible only when the watch is a few cm, from my ear.
    This is a 24 hour on wrist review.
    Bracelet is lovely. Comfortable and looks good. Clasp is nicely finished but has no additional security so tends to come undone. Mine did three time today but I think I'm wearing it too tight. A simple security pusher would have been appreciated. The ideal clasp would be somewhere between this one and the previous version

    No idea on accuracy but Miyota tolerances are fine for me. No audible rotor noise unless the watch is by your ear. Mine generally isn't.

    Hands could have been better but only just. I don't notice the mm difference in normal use.

    Dial is lovely. No issues with reflection. Crystal is lovely.
    Lume is great.
    Size is ideal for me.
    Bracelet comfy and appropriate with lots of micro adjustment just wish it had some additional security.
    Overall a lovely watch. Scratches the Explorer itch. Plus the Smiths heritage is interesting. I had my watches resized by a local jeweler. Had an interesting chat about Smiths watches and found out there is someone close to me in Tunbridge Wells who specialises is vintage Smiths.
    Overall very happy. 4.5 stars

  11. #11
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Darlington. United Kingdom
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by espresso67 View Post
    I'm thinking of purchasing the Everest Black, 36. It's a beautiful watch. I need some help because as you know it's hard to buy without seeing the watch.
    i need some help from the owners of this watch.
    How accurate is the watch?
    What is the new band like?
    I don't like the length of the hands very much. I heard that they wanted to change this. What do you know about this? Shall I wait?

    JŁrgen
    The Miyota movement is quite positionally variable, with my 9015-powered PRS-25 running -8 to 8 s/day depending on it's position. In my opinion, the hand length issue is overstated and not noticeable in day to day use.

  12. #12
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    276
    I received my new Expedition a few days ago and swapped the bracelet onto my 36mm Everest straight away. Itís lovely. Much more in keeping with the watch than the old one.

    Iíve had no issues with the clasp from a security perspective in the short time Iíve been wearing it. I got my jeweller to size it for me as Iím all fingers and thumbs when it comes to anything fiddly. Had a nice chat about Smiths as heís a bit of a vintage fan too. Having a 6Ē wrist means just about all the adjustment has been used up but itís a nice snug fit and very comfortable. My wife is equally keen on it and I predict it will be on her wrist by the middle of the week!

    Accuracy wise, I donít get into measure +/- spd. Iíd just say it keeps time very well. Certainly as well as the Tudor and Omega sat next to it on the winder. Thereís a tiny bit of noise from the movement but not noticeable in daily wear. I actually quite like to hold it up to my ear though and have a listen. Iím a bit strange that way....

    Hands - never even thought about them. They look just fine to me as they are.

    As you can tell, Iím a big fan.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Charlotte, United States
    Posts
    95

    Picked up the PRS-25 36mm black dial with new rivet bracelet.

    Quote Originally Posted by gerrudd View Post
    This is a 24 hour on wrist review.
    Bracelet is lovely. Comfortable and looks good. Clasp is nicely finished but has no additional security so tends to come undone. Mine did three time today but I think I'm wearing it too tight. A simple security pusher would have been appreciated. The ideal clasp would be somewhere between this one and the previous version

    No idea on accuracy but Miyota tolerances are fine for me. No audible rotor noise unless the watch is by your ear. Mine generally isn't.

    Hands could have been better but only just. I don't notice the mm difference in normal use.

    Dial is lovely. No issues with reflection. Crystal is lovely.
    Lume is great.
    Size is ideal for me.
    Bracelet comfy and appropriate with lots of micro adjustment just wish it had some additional security.
    Overall a lovely watch. Scratches the Explorer itch. Plus the Smiths heritage is interesting. I had my watches resized by a local jeweler. Had an interesting chat about Smiths watches and found out there is someone close to me in Tunbridge Wells who specialises is vintage Smiths.
    Overall very happy. 4.5 stars
    Received my watch today and I must say that it is Love at first sight. I don't have any wrist time yet but that will be soon. Have wound it and set it to check that it is running properly. Sent Eddie a quick email letting him know much this watch and the service he provides means to me. Hope you are enjoying yours.

  14. #14
    Please guys just post loadsapics of your 36 everest! Especially with the tapered riveted bracelet.

    I'll try and buy one tomorrow...

    ...
    BUBI 0_0

  15. #15
    Grand Master magirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Up North hinny
    Posts
    31,848
    Mine's never been worn on the original bracelet, so for almost a year it's sometimes been on leather . . .





    . . . mostly on various Natos . . .





    . . . but the rivetted bracelet arrived a couple of days ago, so . . .



  16. #16
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Tonbridge, UK
    Posts
    212
    This is a seven day on wrist review. I really like the watch, the dial is beautiful. I like the Smith logo and the subtle Everest. The lume seems so so but it is November. The one thing I'm not sure about the bracelet. There seems to be lots of sharp edges and the clasp isn't very secure. It is a stainless steel sports watch, which makes me think it is fit for everyday wear, but the clasp seem to pop open on a regular basis. I thought I hadn't sized it properly but after resizing the problem is reduced but still remains. On an average day the clasp pops open about three times. I wore my old Seiko everywhere, but I'm hesitant to wear the Everest to the gym, or when I'm doing some manual labour. I could put it on a NATO but one of the reason I bought it was it's 1016 look and feel of which the bracelet is a major part.

  17. #17
    Grand Master number2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North and South.
    Posts
    20,774
    So just adjust the clasp.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

  18. #18
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Charlotte, United States
    Posts
    95

    Picked up the PRS-25 36mm black dial with new rivet bracelet.

    Quote Originally Posted by gerrudd View Post
    This is a seven day on wrist review. I really like the watch, the dial is beautiful. I like the Smith logo and the subtle Everest. The lume seems so so but it is November. The one thing I'm not sure about the bracelet. There seems to be lots of sharp edges and the clasp isn't very secure. It is a stainless steel sports watch, which makes me think it is fit for everyday wear, but the clasp seem to pop open on a regular basis. I thought I hadn't sized it properly but after resizing the problem is reduced but still remains. On an average day the clasp pops open about three times. I wore my old Seiko everywhere, but I'm hesitant to wear the Everest to the gym, or when I'm doing some manual labour. I could put it on a NATO but one of the reason I bought it was it's 1016 look and feel of which the bracelet is a major part.
    I have about 3 days on wrist and all I can say is wow. I took my bracelet right off because I am not a bracelet person. I put mine on a Uncle Seiko tropic strap and I am so very happy. Eddie has hit it out of the park with the Everest. 36mm is just so nice on the wrist. My 9039 Miyota movement is only gaining about 7-8 seconds a day and any rotor noise is really not noticeable. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I am mine.

  19. #19
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Tonbridge, UK
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    So just adjust the clasp.
    I've tried.

  20. #20
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Tweed Heads, Australia
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by gerrudd View Post
    This is a seven day on wrist review. I really like the watch, the dial is beautiful. I like the Smith logo and the subtle Everest. The lume seems so so but it is November. The one thing I'm not sure about the bracelet. There seems to be lots of sharp edges and the clasp isn't very secure. It is a stainless steel sports watch, which makes me think it is fit for everyday wear, but the clasp seem to pop open on a regular basis. I thought I hadn't sized it properly but after resizing the problem is reduced but still remains. On an average day the clasp pops open about three times. I wore my old Seiko everywhere, but I'm hesitant to wear the Everest to the gym, or when I'm doing some manual labour. I could put it on a NATO but one of the reason I bought it was it's 1016 look and feel of which the bracelet is a major part.
    I had the same issue, Eddie suggested bending the clasp inwards with pliers. Took 2 seconds and worked perfectly.

    Been wearing mine for a couple weeks with no issue.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  21. #21
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Tweed Heads, Australia
    Posts
    87



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  22. #22
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Tonbridge, UK
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by horror_logical View Post
    I had the same issue, Eddie suggested bending the clasp inwards with pliers. Took 2 seconds and worked perfectly.

    Been wearing mine for a couple weeks with no issue.
    Thanks for that. I've done as suggested and seems to have done the trick.

  23. #23
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Tonbridge, UK
    Posts
    212
    Quick update. I adjusted the clasp as suggested, and centred the clasp by moving a link from one side to the other, and resized with the micro-adjustments. The watch now fits beautifully and, just as importantly, securely.

  24. #24
    Craftsman Stuart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    867
    [QUOTE=magirus;5244092]Mine's never been worn on the original bracelet, so for almost a year it's sometimes been on leather . . .




    Magirus
    Your leather looks the best of all imo. May I ask: does it fill the lug space enough - ie is the leather thick enough? Leathers Iíve tried havenít looked right as the watch side is always too deep for the strap. If youíd recommend it, could you please identify? Also if possible the thickness of the strap at the lugs pse. Many thanks.
    (Iíve also rotated NATOs and now both bracelets).

  25. #25
    Grand Master magirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Up North hinny
    Posts
    31,848
    [QUOTE=Stuart;5247511]
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Mine's never been worn on the original bracelet, so for almost a year it's sometimes been on leather . . .




    Magirus
    Your leather looks the best of all imo. May I ask: does it fill the lug space enough - ie is the leather thick enough? Leathers Iíve tried havenít looked right as the watch side is always too deep for the strap. If youíd recommend it, could you please identify? Also if possible the thickness of the strap at the lugs pse. Many thanks.
    (Iíve also rotated NATOs and now both bracelets).
    It's a Rios Juchten Leder strap (padded version) which had a huge amount of wear going between my Damaskos DA37 and DC56. It got to look really dirty so I stripped it back and gave it a good treatment of RM Williams boot wax. It now looks like it's massively old (it's not really) but it's still got years of wear left, testament to the qualities of the leather and the Rios build. It fills the lugs well enough for my taste, but then I liked it on my Datejust also, which some pedants don't.


    This when new . . .




  26. #26
    Craftsman Stuart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    867
    Thank you

  27. #27
    Apprentice mtbmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Hilton Head South Carolina
    Posts
    2

    Everest 36

    Enjoying my new Everest and appreciating the size and comfort.


  28. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbmike View Post
    Enjoying my new Everest and appreciating the size and comfort.


    Clean picture

  29. #29
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3

    opening times

    When do the sales open again? I cant't find any information about it. The last sale was on the 10th.
    Thanks for your help.

  30. #30
    How many Smiths Everest PRS-25 - 36MM Black Dial have been left now ?

  31. #31
    Grand Master magirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Up North hinny
    Posts
    31,848

    Everest Black 36mm

    To answer a question or two I've had. Here's some info re the different bracelets that can be found with this watch. First some pics . . .










    You can see the difference in the size of the clasps quite clearly, but here's a few measurements of the clasps, taken with a Mitutoyo digital caliper, 36mm version first, in mm . . .

    L - 28.14 / 42.26
    W - 18.48 / 20.28
    Link thickness at clasp - 3.42 / 3.45

    The pics of the older bracelet show the excellent " on the fly adjustment" at two different sizings, fantastic quality and operation, just too big and overwhelms the watch head. Could this be made in a 20>16mm taper? A taker here for sure. Of course for perfection (for me) this watch should have 19mm lugs tapering to 15mm. Ho hum.
    Last edited by magirus; 19th November 2019 at 21:32.

  32. #32
    Grand Master abraxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    32,027
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    .... Of course for perfection (for me) this watch should have 19mm lugs tapering to 15mm. Ho hum.
    Do you know, I can actually "feel" the difference (in terms of lug widths) between a 19mm Rollie and this 20mm modern Smiths. The last time I wore a 19mm Rollie must be in the '80s. There must be such a thing as wrist-memory.

  33. #33
    Grand Master magirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Up North hinny
    Posts
    31,848
    Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    Do you know, I can actually "feel" the difference (in terms of lug widths) between a 19mm Rollie and this 20mm modern Smiths. The last time I wore a 19mm Rollie must be in the '80s. There must be such a thing as wrist-memory.
    Just put the calipers on my Datejust that I bought new in 1984 and whilst the lugs are 20mm, the bracelet at the clasp is 15.4mm, and the clasp is 16.9mm x 28.48.
    Last edited by magirus; 20th November 2019 at 08:36.

  34. #34
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by espresso67 View Post
    When do the sales open again? I cant't find any information about it. The last sale was on the 10th.
    Thanks for your help.
    Iíd love one too, but slim chances as last sale lasted 10 minutes (I think). Handsome watches these.

  35. #35
    Grand Master magirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Up North hinny
    Posts
    31,848
    Quote Originally Posted by espresso67 View Post
    When do the sales open again? I cant't find any information about it. The last sale was on the 10th.
    Thanks for your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by PawG View Post
    Iíd love one too, but slim chances as last sale lasted 10 minutes (I think). Handsome watches these.


    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...NT-please-read

  36. #36
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    111
    Thanks.

  37. #37
    Well, I got mine!
    Arrived on the 14th and has gained 4 seconds since then (6days) being worn all the time!

    ...
    BUBI 0_0

  38. #38
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Charlotte, United States
    Posts
    95

    Store closure

    Eddie is going to be down for awhile so the store will be closed until further notice. Lets all be praying for him and support him by letting him rest and recover.

    Get well Eddie.

  39. #39
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    111
    I couldn't stop myself and just ordered mine on eBay. Basically brand new, never worn - unfortunate change of circumstances from what the seller said. Oh well, one mans loss, another mans gain. Now it's waiting time.

    And heads up, there's a couple more on eBay folks!

  40. #40
    Grand Master abraxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    32,027
    Quote Originally Posted by PawG View Post

    And heads up, there's a couple more on eBay folks!


    There's even one on Jubilee. It must be a ladies Everest.

  41. #41
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post

    There's even one on Jubilee. It must be a ladies Everest.
    I donít really like bracelets anyway but weíll see when it arrives. Might go straight on the nato, might stay on a bracelet. 36mm is quite nice as I like smaller watches. 38mm is sweet spot, 40mm is probably the biggest Iíd go. I canít believe I actually managed to get one. Iím also wondering if the other ones that are up on auction will go for more than £325 (price on Timefactors). I wouldnít be surprised.

  42. #42
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Charlotte, United States
    Posts
    95
    Just saw a new with tags black dialed Everest on ebay that sold for a staggering $1,025.00 USD. Sure glad that I bought mine straight from the source. Way to go Eddie on making such a fantastic watch, I am loving mine more each day.

  43. #43
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    140
    If only the hands are more proportioned.

    Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

  44. #44
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    DC Metro
    Posts
    4
    There seems to be a lot of knowledge in this post and I don't want to make a new thread for a "simple" question, so...

    Is anyone aware of alternate bracelet manufacturers that have bracelets that fit the Everest 36?

    Or do any other watches have similar lugs? I know Sub bracelets fit Alpinists, but not sure about the 36.

  45. #45
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Tonbridge, UK
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by zgordon View Post
    Is anyone aware of alternate bracelet manufacturers that have bracelets that fit the Everest 36?

    Or do any other watches have similar lugs? I know Sub bracelets fit Alpinists, but not sure about the 36.
    I read on another forum that the bracelet Alpha explorer is a good fit but with the Everest end links. I've ordered the bracelet and it should be here this week. I'll let you know how I get on.

  46. #46
    Grand Master magirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Up North hinny
    Posts
    31,848
    Quote Originally Posted by gerrudd View Post
    I read on another forum that the bracelet Alpha explorer is a good fit but with the Everest end links. I've ordered the bracelet and it should be here this week. I'll let you know how I get on.

    I hope you receive a better example than mr_nobody did. I did a lot of searching for an alternative for my Everest and unfortunately he ordered one of my possibilities. I'm pleased I hung on for Eddie's new version.

    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...=1#post5223005

  47. #47
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Tonbridge, UK
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    I hope you receive a better example than mr_nobody did. I did a lot of searching for an alternative for my Everest and unfortunately he ordered one of my possibilities. I'm pleased I hung on for Eddie's new version.

    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...=1#post5223005

    I'm hoping I have a bit more luck. :) I actually have the new rivet bracelet. It is a lovely looking bracelet but it doesn't get on with my wrist. I've never managed ti get a good fit, partially due to the small number of micro adjust. Due to that I either wore it very tight in which case the clasp came undone too often, or wore it loose and the rivets cut into my writs. I'm currently wearing the Everest on a NATO, and it looks great, but want to get it back in a bracelet.

    As I stated, I love the looks of the rivet bracelet but it just doesn't work for me.

  48. #48
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    140
    I have it on a bracelet I got on Amazon, and use it with Everest end links. It has 20mm to 18mm taper , looks nice.

    Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

  49. #49
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Tonbridge, UK
    Posts
    212
    That looks pretty good to me.

  50. #50
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by zenius View Post
    I have it on a bracelet I got on Amazon, and use it with Everest end links. It has 20mm to 18mm taper , looks nice.

    Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Please post a link to the item on amazon. Thanks.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information