closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Everest Black 36mm

Craftsman
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Unfortunately, seems to be out of stock. Now, shows only the black version.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by zenius View Post
    Unfortunately, seems to be out of stock. Now, shows only the black version.
    That's a shame, but thanks for posting anyway.

Master
    I received the Alpha Bracelet today. I’ll write a mini review once I’ve worn it fir a week or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    i had heard that Eddie has started including the new handset with the watch, uninstalled.

is this confirmed? has anyone received this kit and installed the new hands? are there photos?

Quote Originally Posted by zimv20ca View Post
    i had heard that Eddie has started including the new handset with the watch, uninstalled.

is this confirmed? has anyone received this kit and installed the new hands? are there photos?
    Fake news.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by gerrudd View Post
    I received the Alpha Bracelet today. I’ll write a mini review once I’ve worn it fir a week or so.
    Looks exactly like the one that came with an Alpha Explorer I bought and sold a while ago. Let's just say that the watch was a lot better than the bracelet.

Master
    This is a quick review of the Alpha bracelet I bought for my Everest. I thought it might be useful to someone looking for a different bracelet option for the Everest.

I love the looks of the supplied riveted bracelet and really wanted to like it. However it did not suit my wrist. The rivets restrict the number of micro adjusts you can use and I was unable to get a good fit. Either is was too tight in which case the clasp would pop open or too loose and the bracelet would scratch or mark my wrist.

I wore the watch on a Nato for a time and the fit was great, but I feel it is best suited to a bracelet. I’d read about the Alpha bracelet fitting the watch and thought I’d give a go. I thought it was worth a punt for $25. I ordered it just before Christmas and it arrived from Hong Kong about three weeks later.

The fit was pretty good. I had to use the hollow end links from the Alpha as the final link was too wide for the solid end links of the Everest bracelet. Adjust the bracelet was easy, the links used screw which were easy to remove and I did not have an issue with stripped screws that someone had previously posted about.

I’ve worn it daily for the last 10 days or so, in a mixture of conditions, UK frost and rain and Florida sun. I’ve ran with it and worn it to the gym. It is jangly and basic, but I think that suits the vintage vibe of the watch. Overall happy for the moment.

In summary

Pros:

Fit is good for me with lots of micro adjusts.
    End links fit the Everest well. I needed to adjust one slightly, but otherwise good.
    I didn’t have any problems removing links with the screws, in fact found them easier to work with that the ones on the riveted bracelet as they have slightly bigger screw heads.
    I like the clean simple looks. Tapers nicely.

Cons

It’s rattly, but no overly so on the wrist.
    Hollow end links.
    Clasp is pressed metal with no additional security features. The riveted bracelet has a much nicer looking milled claps, but for me it was less secure.