closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I’ve been into Watchfinder today

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaxia View Post
    +1 lots of people with chips on their shoulders!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    +2

Craftsman
    Mixed experience with wf recently , sometimes a breeze and instant payment, sometimes takes weeks on end!

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    Well I bought my DSSD from Sales Corner and couldn’t have been happier.

In contrast, my only experience of Watchfinder to date was a completely derisory offer from them on a Panerai - almost £2000 less than I eventually sold it for!

Just saying...

Simon
    I was also insulted by a ludicrously low offer on a Panerai. I find their watches overpriced by some margin and all too often overpolished as well. I can't imagine a scenario in which I'd deal with them.

Journeyman
    The quotes are competitive on Rolexes, but not sure on otherbrands
    Their premiums on watches puts me of - A private sale is always a preference for me.

i've used watchfinder several times and always found them a good dealer, but and it's a big but this week i purchased a explorer 2 polar from them only for them to
    sell it to some one else from under me, so they got a stinking email from me and the saga continues i won't be using them again.

Has anyone negotiated more than the offer with watchfinder?

I did earlier this year with a SubC but appreciate there is more of an ask for these (just basically said thanks for your offer but won't accept less than £x which they came back with - £500 more!).

Anyway had an offer for a Tudor Fastrider. Happy with it at the top price as its more than I paid but I'd like a little more if I can. So any tips or is it what it is? I'd take it into Leeds as well as opposed to sending off. May offer it on here first. Only selling as managed to get a brand new Explorer 2 from an AD a lot quicker than I expected (only waited 8 weeks)
    Last edited by senwar; 9th November 2019 at 14:52.

I wondered what people's experience of a Watchfinder sales offer has been?
    I'm in the process of selling back a 2018 Tudor Pelagos, that I bought from them in June for £2750.
    They offered me £1800-£2000 (watch is in practically mint condition) but have only offered £1800 on their final offer.
    I have asked them why the lower offer as. I would be perfectly happy with £2000 and I wait for their reply..
    I might ask them to send it back if they don't up their offer??

Quote Originally Posted by odyseus10 View Post
    I'm in the process of selling back a 2018 Tudor Pelagos, that I bought from them in June for £2750.
    They offered me £1800-£2000 (watch is in practically mint condition) but have only offered £1800 on their final offer.
    I have asked them why the lower offer as. I would be perfectly happy with £2000 and I wait for their reply..
    LHD?

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    LHD?
    No the RHD 25600TN model :)

Blog Entries
    Why? Margins. They will (probably) go to the highest offer if pushed.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    That's what I am hoping for, but we'll see what they say (Terry Root) :)

No the RHD 25600TN model :)
    Ah, I was hoping!

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    .. And they did. I simply asked why they were offering the lower price and that I would happily except £2K. They replied a day later with a revised offer, so completed the sale :)

Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post
    Has anyone negotiated more than the offer with watchfinder?

I did earlier this year with a SubC but appreciate there is more of an ask for these (just basically said thanks for your offer but won't accept less than £x which they came back with - £500 more!).

Anyway had an offer for a Tudor Fastrider. Happy with it at the top price as its more than I paid but I'd like a little more if I can. So any tips or is it what it is? I'd take it into Leeds as well as opposed to sending off. May offer it on here first. Only selling as managed to get a brand new Explorer 2 from an AD a lot quicker than I expected (only waited 8 weeks)
    Well just dropped my Tudor off at the Leeds store. Great experience again and also got them to go higher than original estimate (called them beforehand and discussed). And am sure could have got more to be honest but very happy at the ease of it all.

Craftsman
    Well just dropped my Tudor off at the Leeds store. Great experience again and also got them to go higher than original estimate (called them beforehand and discussed). And am sure could have got more to be honest but very happy at the ease of it all.
    Do you mind me asking how much you got for your Fastrider and which Fastrider it was?

I had an offer for a Nomos from them once which was eye wateringly low, but I might eat my hat if I think I can get a decent offer from them for a Tudor....

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by benwisback View Post
    Do you mind me asking how much you got for your Fastrider and which Fastrider it was?

I had an offer for a Nomos from them once which was eye wateringly low, but I might eat my hat if I think I can get a decent offer from them for a Tudor....

No problem. It was a ceramic black shield and I got £2100 for it. Original offer was £1800-2000. Watch is 5 months old but I got it for £1750. I did go back and say I wanted £2200 but then stupidly said I’d accept £2100. Had I left it at £2200 I think they’d have done that anyway. Oh well can’t complain to be fair. I did advertise on SC but no interest so this was just nice and easy

Craftsman
    No problem. It was a ceramic black shield and I got £2100 for it. Original offer was £1800-2000. Watch is 5 months old but I got it for £1750. I did go back and say I wanted £2200 but then stupidly said I’d accept £2100. Had I left it at £2200 I think they’d have done that anyway. Oh well can’t complain to be fair. I did advertise on SC but no interest so this was just nice and easy
    Nice made a bit of profit, good work !