closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Professional quality steel oven dishes / pans.

Master
    Blog Entries

Professional quality steel oven dishes / pans.

I'm thinking of updating / upgrading some of my kitchen gear, oven trays, pans etc.. I'm thinking of stainless steel professional grade.
    The logic being if it's made for daily abuse, it'll handle my weekly roast dinner with ease.

I've found this site : https://www.nisbets.co.uk
    And the stuff seems decent and reasonable priced.

Anyone use them? Or any other suggestions?
    Thanks.

If you are lucky, TKMax and Homesense

Nisbets are long-established commercial catering suppliers - for sure.

Have a look at Ikea - they have very good stainless trays, really bad stains - sort with oven-cleaner, but at their prices - you could renew them every couple of years if you wanted.

Craftsman
    Not sure how good they are compared to others but we are very happy with our Pro Cook professional range, although their knives are absolute garbage

We have a Nisbets here in Chelmsford but I have never ventured in in case I come out with £500 worth of knives

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have a look at Scanpan fusion 5. They are 5 ply construction and very reasonably priced for what you get. The roasting tin in particular is excellent.
    Last edited by ODP; 29th October 2019 at 17:31.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Have a look at Ikea - they have very good stainless trays, really bad stains - sort with oven-cleaner, but at their prices - you could renew them every couple of years if you wanted.
    Agree with Ikea - if you go for the premium cookware it’s quite good.

If you have a Costco membership check them out. I got Kirkland stainless steel pan set for something like 200quid, comparable quality branded pieces were much higher.
    I can’t say for sure if they do roasting trays

Master
    Nisbet are the folk used at all the places I've worked.

We buy the vogue products. Cheap, cheerful, and withstand a hell of a lot of abuse. We also use genware oval flats and these are utterly and completely bomb proof. Probably the most used cookware in the kitchen.
    Last edited by hafle; 28th October 2019 at 20:57.

Craftsman
    Also looking for some pans & stuff at the moment

The decent kit from ikea feels nice, and the Procook stuff seems decent when handled too.

We also have some Pro Cook knives - as per the user above, not great at first but once sharpened are pretty decent, just need to keep them pointy!

Most towns of any size have at least one big Asian grocery store where apart from being able to buy any and every spice imaginable St prices that make the little supermarket packs look a joke, plus rice by the sackful, you can usually find very sturdy cookware as used by the restaurant trade. Worth a look.

I have to admit I’ve also picked up some really good bargain cookware from TK Maxx.

I've been looking into this for the last few months after my non stick le creuset started to badly degrade. I've decided against non stick pans now. I'm 90% going for the following:

Procook Elite Tri-ply pans. These seem a happy compromise between price and construction when compared to the other more expensive makes
    https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00WI1...v_ov_lig_dp_it

Scanpan non stick frying pan (not sure on size yet)
    https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00323...v_ov_lig_dp_it

And you can't go far wrong with Lodge cast iron pans
    https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Lodge-26-...L5A1OLE&sr=8-5

Stuff like knives are a personal choice but I'm very happy with my Wustof classics. An excellent blade for hard western foods. If you pick wisely you only really need 3-4 knives.

We really like this stuff, stumbled across it at Bicester while aimlessly following the wife, it look great, works very well and seems pretty bomb proof.

https://uk.zwilling-shop.com/Kitchen-World/Cookware/

Craftsman
    Changed to stainless steel saucepans and baking tray few years ago and won’t go back to non stick stuff ever again

Master
    GenWare all day long. I had a couple of old frying pans when a kitchen at work closed down which I planned to use for camping. They were so good they ended up being in my kitchen instead. Not the best looking things, but solid as hell and will take abuse. Don’t fish wash them though. My wife did and it totally ballsed up the non stick. That said they are cheap enough to replace aver couple of years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I bought a fantastic copper set from Amazon recently. Well weighted and good quality.

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=subseastu;5235556]I've been looking into this for the last few months after my non stick le creuset started to badly degrade. I've decided against non stick pans now. I'm 90% going for the following:

Procook Elite Tri-ply pans. These seem a happy compromise between price and construction when compared to the other more expensive makes

We have a load of these Procook Elite tri-ply pans and saucepans, they are built like tanks, look good, are easy to clean and are well worth the money.

Professional quality steel oven dishes / pans.

I’ve bought Circulon for both houses in the past 10 years and have been very pleased.

[QUOTE=KavKav;5236784]
    Quote Originally Posted by subseastu View Post
    I've been looking into this for the last few months after my non stick le creuset started to badly degrade. I've decided against non stick pans now. I'm 90% going for the following:

We have a load of these Procook Elite tri-ply pans and saucepans, they are built like tanks, look good, are easy to clean and are well worth the money.
    Excellent, thanks for that.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Got some Bourgeat stainless pans from Nisbets well over 10 years ago and they are brilliant

Master
    we used to go through baking sheets and roasting pans like nothing until we started putting silver foil on them when cooking. The last set has lasted a few years and look new.
    Saucepans and the like are circulon with the exception of a wok which is Ikea and lasting well.

Nsbets

You will have no problems with Nisbets of Bristol my old company has supplied them for over 30 years if you can buy stainless steel it will cost more but last a life time also think about induction pots if you don't use them now you might well do at a later date.Also look at Lockhart catering.
    Cheers

Had some stuff from nisbets and it’s been good have one of their aluminium patio sets that’s been amazing for the price
    My cookwear is a mixture of Rosle and wmf cromargan which I’m very happy with...

Rosle

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    Had some stuff from nisbets and it’s been good have one of their aluminium patio sets that’s been amazing for the price
    My cookwear is a mixture of Rosle and wmf cromargan which I’m very happy with...
    Rosle is cracking but expensive we used to be the uk agent.
    Squashy1

It's certainly heavy but I like cast iron and definitely no problem with induction hobs.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    Falk copper & stainless cookware is the bees knees.

Master
    I'm curious to see what the result is given the input from professionals, those supplying the profession, and the home cooks using stuff above and beyond Ikea, argos etc.

We've got some Fissler SS pans which are still going strong after 20+ years. Might upgrade with newer versions (ours aren't suitable for induction) in near future.

I think the Kirkland stainless steel set at Costco mentioned above is excellent value. They really are excellent quality

Costco also sell two non stick pans separately with some chef endorsing them on the packaging. Again, really good quality and value

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for all the replies,

I'm going to have a sit down over the weekend and look into the brands / suppliers mentioned. The only no-no straight off the bat would be Ikea. No doubting the quality but my soul shall perish and die if I am made walk around that place.

Craftsman
    This thread stuck in my memory and I ordered some of the Vogue pans from Nisbets yesterday. They just arrived.

I'd used a set of Barazzoni stuff I bought in Italy and it's done well for the last 30 years but I needed a couple of extra pans in the same size. The Nisbets stuff is well priced (they have a couple of pan set offers on at the moment and also cashback via Quidco).

They look well made and are heavier than my Barazzoni's for the same size pans. I'm not professional but I am a keen cook with Cordon Bleu certificate so not just a beans on toast person so can say with a little bit of clout that the Vogue range are great value.

https://www.nisbets.co.uk/special-of...cepan-set/s128

For comparison:

M922 - 900ml 14cm 615g
    M943 - 1.5l 16cm 740g
    M944 - 3.0l 20cm 1205g
    M945 - 5.0l 24cm (-)

The first three are in the linked offer above, the last three in another offer but tbh, for home use, the M945 wouldn't get much use.

I bought a Horwood Stellar 1000 pan set, frying pan and Stock pot about 26 years ago. Stainless steel. Gets used daily, goes in the oven, hob, dishwasher. Frying pan gets searing hot on the wok burner for steaks. All as good as new. Cannot recommend these highly enough. Superb.

Craftsman
    I've just bought some new kitchen stuff and gone all out with the mauviel m cook steel range. I figure I'm only really going to be buying these once so might as well go for the top end stuff. How they're worth the money I paid

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk