closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega 511.0504 - should there be a movement holder?

Omega 511.0504 - should there be a movement holder?

Often when perusing eBay I'll keep an eye out for ladies Omegas, as my wife likes an occasional change from her Rolex DJ and she already has a stainless steel Omega with a 620 movement that Brendan serviced. Effectively the Omegas are my wife's beaters!

Recently I picked up this Omega 511.0504, fitted with a 625 movement. The movement was missing the minute hand but otherwise seemed in good condition. Having ordered a s/h movement from Spain as the source for a set of hands, I fitted these yesterday and the watch is keeping good time.

Although the case back includes a cut-out for the movement, there is a fair amount of space between the movement itself and the "holder".

My question is the following; is there meant to be another spacer or movement holder of some kind, as the watch "rattles" when winding as a result of the movement itself moving within the cut-out? Also the dial is not fixed to the case in any way - should it be?

Last edited by willie_gunn; 28th October 2019 at 11:47.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I would say not.

The case back is designed to encase the movement when its pushed in place.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Yes, that's what I had also assumed, but the fact that the movement is not snug within the cut-out of the case back made me question it.

Looks like there should be, I google imaged your reference and found a few photos.

Cheers..
    Jase

Many thanks - that looks just the job!

I'll have to see if I can find one somewhere, or at least a reference to the official part number.

Edit: Looks like it's the same as the 620 movement ring (P/N 0790620190524) so one ordered and on the way

Edit Edit: Perhaps not...some more research required.
    Last edited by willie_gunn; 28th October 2019 at 18:53.