closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Another Rolex availability thread.

Blog Entries

Another Rolex availability thread.

So, ()......., does anyone know how many Pepsi's an independent AD might expect to get, in say 12 months? Wondered if anyone would know?
    Thanks.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Three.

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Three.
    If this is true then there surely is no way anyone can deny they are holding back on production? They must have had more than 3 hot models a year back before the boom?

Why the need for another Rolex availability thread, out of interest?

There are some independents who are members on here, hopefully one will come forward with some actual detail.

As we are in the business of uneducated guess work, I'll say 2 to 4 depending on which model 😂

Blog Entries
    Can we have a count of how many threads about Rolex availability before the end of the year? I'll start - at least 1

I have a family friend who runs a Rolex AD in Thailand and they get around 1 Pepsi every 2 months and 1 BLNR a month if that helps.

Daytona is 1 every 3 months or so.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Can we have a count of how many threads about Rolex availability before the end of the year? I'll start - at least 1
    Three.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Does it matter. The reason people don't get them is that it's too profitable to sell them to friends.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Can we count the seen anything good at Heathrow/schipholthreads. They degenerate into availability at ADs then onto, they’re not that scarce Burlington/Chrono24/watchfinder are awash with *insert desired GMT master II four letter designation here*

If we include those it must average one per day

Master
    My local independent is very open with me about the numbers. Not that I have managed to get one yet! I was told around 6 a year! Both the BLNR and BLRO. Going to top spenders and long standing customers.

Interestingly also was told the watch they get most is the sub. But they also get a minimum of 30 calls a day on the sub and again tend not to sell to any old person.

The biggest surprise in all this. How many people are out there spending big at ADs. Or as said above...good friends!!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Well here’s my guess. BLNR 10-12 BLRO 3-5

Does anyone know how many new Rolex availability threads we might expect to get, in say 12 months? Wondered if anyone would know?
    Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    Why the need for another Rolex availability thread, out of interest?
    Because I was interested to know how many an AD could expect to get in a year.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I have a family friend who runs a Rolex AD in Thailand and they get around 1 Pepsi every 2 months and 1 BLNR a month if that helps.

Daytona is 1 every 3 months or so.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    My local independent is very open with me about the numbers. Not that I have managed to get one yet! I was told around 6 a year! Both the BLNR and BLRO. Going to top spenders and long standing customers.

Interestingly also was told the watch they get most is the sub. But they also get a minimum of 30 calls a day on the sub and again tend not to sell to any old person.

The biggest surprise in all this. How many people are out there spending big at ADs. Or as said above...good friends!!

Thanks guys, thats the kind of information I was looking for.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    I wonder how many users can’t resist the urge to throw in a b*tchy comment every time they see a thread they don’t like....if you don’t like it don’t open...keep scrolling

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    So, ()......., does anyone know how many Pepsi's an independent AD might expect to get, in say 12 months? Wondered if anyone would know?
    Thanks.
    Every independent AD will get differing amounts depending on their turnover.
    However I do know they get far less Pepsi than even BLNR so I’d say around an average of 3 BLRO a year.

Only If you’re a big spender and they love you do you stand a chance of getting one pretty much.

Yes, another Rolex thread but this was a specific question and not general bellyaching.
    Ryan has a useful answer but others just pulling numbers from their behind.
    To be fair it is very hard to know and one can’t trust what AD tells you about the numbers.

Craftsman
    For context what as a SA who works for the Aurum group aka WOS, GS M&W informed me that her branch based in a very large city gets about 4 BLRO a month- but added they go to customers who have spent at least 75K!

Master
    The answer to the question - why another Rolex thread is dead easy.

If you already have a Rolex or don't intend to buy one for whatever reason, the topic means nothing to you.

However, if you are seriously looking for a new model, it pays to know the latest supply situation in order to make an effective purchase and this place is a good source of up to date information.

If you aren't interested, just read something else.

Do all AD's get equal allocation though? If you are a more successful store that moves a bigger quantity of the lesser models do Rolex allocate you more of the very popular models as a reward?

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post

That seems a bit...................... ageist

Journeyman
    Keep the Rolex availability chat coming.

It’s good to know and find out what exactly is going on with the whole subject.

Not everyone is in a position to buy at Will and maybe like me will only ever be in a position to buy once in their lifetime.

Thanks

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    That seems a bit...................... ageist
    There was a recently published article from some British Insurance company that said that the average age of a Rolex owner was sixty three. Possibly it would sex up their image if Rolex sold more watches to a younger age group.

Regards

a seventy year old and very unsexy Mick

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysqueek View Post
    For context what as a SA who works for the Aurum group aka WOS, GS M&W informed me that her branch based in a very large city gets about 4 BLRO a month- but added they go to customers who have spent at least 75K!
    So they have c48 customers spending as much as that at one branch? Makes you realise how much money there still is out there!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Yes, another Rolex thread but this was a specific question and not general bellyaching.
    Ryan has a useful answer but others just pulling numbers from their behind.
    To be fair it is very hard to know and one can’t trust what AD tells you about the numbers.
    So Ryan's friend is more legit and trustworthy than any other AD! If you say so sir...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    There was a recently published article from some British Insurance company that said that the average age of a Rolex owner was sixty three. Possibly it would sex up their image if Rolex sold more watches to a younger age group.
    Those owners mentioned above, would have purchased their Rolex some time earlier.

I wonder what the average age of a Rolex purchaser is? I suspect that Rolex is selling watches to purchasers that have an average age much lower than 63.

Of course I have no data to back this up except that in the Rolex part of the WoS store that I frequent, the customers always look to be in their summer years.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Queen View Post
    Those owners mentioned above, would have purchased their Rolex some time earlier.

I wonder what the average age of a Rolex purchaser is? I suspect that Rolex is selling watches to purchasers that have an average age much lower than 63.

Of course I have no data to back this up except that in the Rolex part of the WoS store that I frequent, the customers always look to be in their summer years.
    The article is somewhere in this forum and yes you are correct in stating that the 63 year old would or could have bought them earlier.

However, the article was referring to people who actually insured their watches, so possibly most people will buy and soon after insure.

I have to say that when I spot a Rolex on a wrist it is usually on a retiree but then that is in Spain where there are hundreds of thousands of them.

Another Rolex availability thread.

Quote Originally Posted by PWatch View Post
    I wonder how many users can’t resist the urge to throw in a b*tchy comment every time they see a thread they don’t like....if you don’t like it don’t open...keep scrolling
    Just scroll past the b*tchy comments.

My AD gets 2 black and 2 white Daytona a year. I was in an AD on the south coast in the summer and they had 3 Subs one month so I guess they are more readily available

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PWatch View Post
    And when are we going to have a thread for that???!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mysqueek View Post
    I am in no way questioning the validity of your information my friend, however, I find it very hard to fathom that they have 48 customers per year spending 75k.

There will become a point where they all have a BLRO. Then what happens? They sell them a second one to flip?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jackin_jill View Post
    I am in no way questioning the validity of your information my friend, however, I find it very hard to fathom that they have 48 customers per year spending 75k.

There will become a point where they all have a BLRO. Then what happens? They sell them a second one to flip?
    Given that all the SS sports range are in a similar position regarding supposed waiting lists I presume the same spenders would be offered those as well. So either a lot of big spenders have a lot of Sports Rolex or they flip them at 12 months. If they have to wait for the warranty cards of course, being such 'good customers'!

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Thanks.
    Does anyone know how many warranty cards an independent AD might expect to lose in, say, twelve months? Wondered if anyone would know? Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Murdoc View Post
    Does anyone know how many warranty cards an independent AD might expect to lose in, say, twelve months? Wondered if anyone would know? Thanks.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jackin_jill View Post

The claim was made over the phone so I didn’t want to probe any further but I took it as their total combined spending history. I agree 75k in a year in watches and jewellery is a staggering amount. More likely she was just trying to give a reason why i couldn’t be considered for such a watch

Sorry, I'll rephrase myself...

I meant 48 customers per year with a total past expenditure of 75k+. Then the next year another 48 will be allocated to another lot of big spenders.

So hypothetically, over 4 years there could be 192 customers who've spent 75k+, which we would guess won't be the case (unless possibly an AD in a wealthy city centre like London). So this limited number of big spenders will likely be receiving multiple hot pieces thus encouraging them to flip.