closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New watch storage box

Journeyman

New watch storage box

I just received this and love it so much I had to show it off. It's hard to see in photographs but the watches on the box lid are all done with marquetry (not painted or printed) even the hands and hour markers are all separate pieces of different types of wood (some of which is stained' obviously). The watches are all Facsimiles of my actual watches (chosen mostly for their aesthetic appeal, different colours and shapes etc.). There is a Salvador Dali-esque touch with the watches running down the sides of the box. The box holds 24 watches and there is a drawer in the bottom to hold spare straps and tools etc.I asked for the times and date windows to display dates significant to me, so 30 minutes past 5 is meant to represent 30th may and 17 minutes past 11 is 17th November etc. The box took about 8 months to make but it was worth the wait. it was made by Mike at Thistle Marquetry: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThistleMarquetry

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lambs; 27th October 2019 at 13:17.

Master
    That looks lovely.

I can’t begin to guess the amount of time (and cost) it took to make but it was worth it.

That looks amazing fantastic work!

Stunning!
    You won’t be able to sell any of those watches now though!

Blog Entries
    That is absolutely amazing. Real craftsmanship!

Wow, fantastic work!

It does look brilliant but useless for me – all the watches would have been flipped by the time the box arrived

Good to see proper craftsmanship is alive and well.

So, it's a question we've all asked in our minds, how much did it cost you?

Journeyman
    That is a really nice piece of kit.

Extraordinary!
    In a good way.....lovely work

Master
    That is stunning and i love the idea of having the faces show significant dates. No doubt this would be way out of my price range but maybe someone does a similar painted version.

How many hours of work went into this? Stunning skill involved in that level of detail.

Very smart, big fan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    To answer a couple of questions:
    the box cost £950 which I think is reasonable for the work involved. He does boxes for single watches as well (probably any amount you wanted). I don't know how many hours of work was involved because he was doing other projects the same time as mine. He did send me a list of the veneers used on every watch and it was 4 pages long!

Journeyman
    That's incredible. Very unique! I love that a cal. 1040 Seamaster is part of the group.

Brilliant job I especially like that the times represent significant dates, thinking now of asking about one for myself.

Master
    A real bit of craftsmanship there. Not often seen since the work involved is very time consuming and skilled.

That is truly gorgeous and unique fair do's. Out of my price bracket, dearer than any of my watches, but the artistry and skill involved is astounding.[/IMG]

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ruggertech; 9th December 2019 at 18:45.

Quote Originally Posted by lambs View Post
    To answer a couple of questions:
    the box cost £950 which I think is reasonable for the work involved. He does boxes for single watches as well (probably any amount you wanted). I don't know how many hours of work was involved because he was doing other projects the same time as mine. He did send me a list of the veneers used on every watch and it was 4 pages long!
    Seems reasonable to me, obviously still expensive but cost is less than I imagined.