closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega Constellation Double Eagle

Omega Constellation Double Eagle

Does anyone own one of these or enlighten me more about them?

Not my sort of watch but strangely drawn to it. Busy watch but in Titanium on rubber rather liking it!

I didn’t have that newer model but I had a double eagle on rubber. Nice lightweight watch and IMO rubber made it better.
    That one looks really good.

Master
    This is my second, and the bracelet works really well. First was 35mm and this one 38mm but wears larger due to the integrated bracelet

Journeyman
    like the integrated bracelet
    bang for buck

Master
    I feel I need slicked back hair and a camel coat to wear these watches. Strangely I am drawn to them as well !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark lowman View Post
    I feel I need slicked back hair and a camel coat to wear these watches. Strangely I am drawn to them as well !
    I know what you mean, but they are still tempting! Would have to be steel though, titanium always feels 'cheap' to me for some reason.

Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    Likewise I think they’re nice looking watches. If I remember rightly there was one up for sale on SC a year or two ago which I was very tempted by!

Master
    I, too, have always found myself 'strangely drawn' to them. What's stopped me buying one, though, is the double or even triple hour indices: on the dial, the lume pips and then the roman numerals on the bezel just in case you missed the first two.

The basic design would look so much more 'open' and, indeed, larger without the hour indices on the dial.

I have had a few in 35mm and 38mm size over the past 15 years. Omega have recently discontinued the double eagle shape and they are tricky to sell so beware. I recently offered a 2018 8500 coaxial to watches.co.uk who said they would not buy it as they don't sell. It did sell on eBay in a week or so but it is not like a Speedmaster for resale.

Personally I found the most recent 8500 movement model in the 38mm size the best. The bezel is thinner so the dial isbigger and the bracelet more comfortable than the previous generation. It is a somewhat unisex style look with the integrated bracelet so darker colours work best. Lots of textured dials which you might not might not like. Previous generation was all satin black and silver dials which are a bit shiny for today's tastes.

The titanium model pictured came in 2 sizes, 35mm and a bigger one (mission hills golf maybe?). I have been tempted several times but the state of the straps usually puts me off. I would say the 35mm would wear small.

Probably the bargain of the lot is the older (2005 ish) 38mm quartz model with the genuinely good thermo-compensated movement. They used to be much cheaper than the 2500 coaxial movement but as a grab and go watch for work in rotation I really liked mine.

Journeyman
    Always found a great personality in those models. Perhaps time to shop for one?

I'm trying to work out if the mens range in 36mm and 39mm with 8800 movements has only just been released, or if once again I've failed to make my way around the Omega website correctly....

At any rate, here is the catalogue for the men's range: https://www.omegawatches.com/en-gb/w...ection/catalog

39mm steel black dial

39mm steel on leather grey dial

39mm steel / Sedna gold brown dial

36mm steel silvery dial

Last edited by Der Amf; 30th December 2019 at 15:08.

What makes it a “double eagle” ?

Master
    Blog Entries
    The name ;-)

Apprentice
    I have a 38mm with the 8500 movement in and it is lovely watch with some nice finishing touches (like the sunburst is centred from the star rather than the centre of the dial). Have mine on the Omega brown alligator and deployant (tried the bracelet for a day or so but it wears nicer on the alligator), its a dressier everyday watch.

Unfortunately since getting my LHD Pelagos earlier this year, it hasn't been getting much wrist time and I do stick on eBay every now and then to see if someone wants it off me for sensible money.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark lowman View Post
    Got the coat, plus a late 90s Bimetal Constellation.........still got hair but nowhere near enough to slick back, I settle for short cropped these days and not through choice!

Constellation’s a strange watch, very distinctive design, but seems to have lost popularity. Quality's top notch too. One of the only modern Omegas I’d consider owning, but I’ll settle for my older one.