closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: TUI Rant

Master

TUI Rant

Anyone had to complain to TUI/First Choice?

Long story cut short... inquired about a holiday with them with their telephone sales, unfortunately there was a discrepancy with what they were advertising (room type) and what the hotel had on their own website- Could I get a straight answer out of them, no! was told also well if you book it and its not the correct room tough no refund. Back and forth with them to no avail- weirdly after about a week trying i ended getting put through to a store who managed to answer the query and I subsequently booked it with them, they also price matched the current online quote( had gone up £300 PP each )

Had a think and thought hang on a minute, why should I swallow the extra money purely it being down to there staff not having a clue. Christ on a bike, their complaints department is non existent, back and forth with loads of different departments, even the store who i booked it with didn't know where to complain to, they've been great and gone out of their way to help but the online/telesales have been an absolute joke- Their system is geared up to hinder and frustrate any potential pre-travel complaint, honestly, I've never encountered any company the size of TUI to be as bad with a complaints process, everyone always 'passing the buck' not my problem blah blah blah..........

Rant Over.
    Last edited by Rob153; 26th October 2019 at 14:08.

Grand Master
    I wouldn't have been on the phone long if they couldn't or wouldn't give me an answer to my question.

Shop elsewhere for your holiday.........Hays seem to offer great service.

Master
    I normally do, I use a company called Travel Counselors but unfortunately they couldn't book the Hotel I wanted- Only TUI were offering the Hotel and deal so had no choice (Missus had set her heart on this particular destination and hotel) Just can't believe how bad a company could be dealing with a complaint-

Master
    Plenty of Facebook pages to see:-
    https://www.facebook.com/search/top/...epa=SEARCH_BOX
    I've travelled with Tui several times and have never had a problem. It seems that if you do have a problem, they talk the talk but ....................................
    This one is a particularly harrowing read:-
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/382153885698592/
    They work to a strict budget to give value for money and something has got to give but perhaps not them! :)
    Last edited by tixntox; 26th October 2019 at 16:25.

Apparently, what you have to do these days is write a disparaging tweet. They will then 'reach out to you' to make it right.

Master
    Just been reading some of those- ridiculous in this day and age that a company the size of TUI can just getting away with shoddy customer services. We all know things go wrong it’s inevitable, it’s how you deal with problems shows the true colours of a company.

Quote Originally Posted by tixntox View Post
    Plenty of Facebook pages to see:-
    https://www.facebook.com/search/top/...epa=SEARCH_BOX
    I've travelled with Tui several times and have never had a problem. It seems that if you do have a problem, they talk the talk but ....................................
    They work to a strict budget to give value for money and something has got to give but perhaps not them! :)

Master
    How times change, never mind a good old fashioned phone call or even an email- I’ll have to turn to social media and start dissing them on faceache or Twatter

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Apparently, what you have to do these days is write a disparaging tweet. They will then 'reach out to you' to make it right.

Yup, here in NL it’s even worse.
    TUI NL actually split your package up into Accomodation, Transfers & Flights.

All provided by separate tUI entities. The airline; TUI Airways is listed as a Charter Flight, so they are able to vary the flight times at short notice without penalty.

On our last holiday we lost a night going out and a day coming back, TUI wriggled and wriggled until we trumped them with the relevant EU Directive as both flights had been delayed by more than 3 hours on top of their awful re-scheduled times.

We finally got €800 refunded out of €2600 :-(

TUI tried to use the Boeing 737-800 Max problem as the excuse, as their ‘Boeing Provided’ replacement flight was ‘subbed’ to Miami Air, an awful ‘wet-hire’ outfit whose biggest customer is the US Govt for who they run various flights for renditioning ‘terrorists’ and ‘Con-Air’ flights transporting prisoners :-)

With Thomas Cook gone I think we’ll give package holidays a miss for a couple of years!
    Last edited by robcuk; 26th October 2019 at 20:49.

We’ve used Tui loads and we’ve booked this years with them.

We did have one problem a couple of years ago when we booked to Mexico only to find after we booked that the on site golf course was closed for maintenance (one of the main reasons for choosing the hotel). I did have one call that took me an hour to get through and, having seen the Facebook group, wasn’t expecting much assistance.
    I used their own T&C saying that our holiday was significantly altered and one check with a manager and we had a full refund back in our account inside two days.
    Theres such a paucity in the variety of travel agents. We went to Virgin for a price on the same holiday for this year (not even direct flights or Virgin flights) and they quoted us £2,300 more than Tui.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tixntox View Post
    Half of these are people trying to go to somewhat 'third world countries' on the cheap and then complaining that it was dirty, the food was rubbish, etc etc.

I mean, I definitely don't condone TUI's operation model, but at which point do people start taking responsibility for their own actions?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by asteclaru View Post
    I mean, I definitely don't condone TUI's operation model, but at which point do people start taking responsibility for their own actions?
    Exactly, we went with Tui last month for a week away, I found the place a shit hole she said it was ok but what did I expect for a total of £530 for the two of us for a week In Kos.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by aa388 View Post
    Exactly, we went with Tui last month for a week away, I found the place a shit hole she said it was ok but what did I expect for a total of £530 for the two of us for a week In Kos.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Problem is some people will be 5k for that in summer holidays. Then you’re less inclined to put up with it.

I agree that all these claim companies trying to get money back if you’re ill on holiday is madness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by robcuk View Post
    for who they run various flights for renditioning ‘terrorists’ and ‘Con-Air’ flights transporting prisoners :-)
    We went on a TUI flight like that from Manchester to Fuerteventura

Master
    Doesn’t matter where I go on Hols I go into it with my eyes open, always use ‘you get what you pay for’ I’m spending a considerable amount of money with them and they literally do not give a crap-I’ve spoken to someone in South Africa, Mumbai, Swansea, feeling a bit like Phileas Fogg at the moment- like I’ve said their system is set up for complaints post travel not Pre.

Craftsman
    As others have said, TUI are ok as long as something doesn't go wrong. If you need to complain/get compensation you can forget it, they're utterly useless.

Flew to Costa Rica with them this year, paid the extra for Premium seats etc. Found that my wife and I couldn't sit together on the flight out, then found they'd overbooked the return flight so didn't even have a seat. Had to downgrade to cattle class for both 11 hour flights, still couldn't sit together, had a tray of drinks tipped down my back just after take off, it was a total joke.

Could we get any kind of compensation? Could we heck! Will never use them again, don't care how cheap they are.

Master
    Unfortunately they are the biggest player in the market- I normally go to Aruba at this time of year and who is the only company to fly direct from the UK, yep TUi... Just signed up to the TUI complaints page on FB and some of the stories are shocking. One thing is common in all the complaints is the ability of TUI just to drag their heels, nothing is ever sorted in a reasonable timescale- their attitude is definitely to try and frustrate and annoy customers, hoping they’ll give up, shocking really in today’s world....

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMater View Post
    As others have said, TUI are ok as long as something doesn't go wrong. If you need to complain/get compensation you can forget it, they're utterly useless.

Flew to Costa Rica with them this year, paid the extra for Premium seats etc. Found that my wife and I couldn't sit together on the flight out, then found they'd overbooked the return flight so didn't even have a seat. Had to downgrade to cattle class for both 11 hour flights, still couldn't sit together, had a tray of drinks tipped down my back just after take off, it was a total joke.

Could we get any kind of compensation? Could we heck! Will never use them again, don't care how cheap they are.
    Keep going at them...

https://www.caa.co.uk/Passengers/Res...re-downgraded/

I would just put in a compensation request and see what they do. They might be a bit more sympathetic when they realise you know the rules.

Master
    A little fishing village on the banks of the mersey.
    Jet 2 are my first choice these days, they are normally a bit more expensive than tui but the service is much nicer, and you'll even get a smile rather than a snarl out of a stewardess.

Master
    Yes someone else said to me that they are pretty good- unfortunately they didn’t fly to where I wanted to go.

Quote Originally Posted by the big fella View Post
    Jet 2 are my first choice these days, they are normally a bit more expensive than tui but the service is much nicer, and you'll even get a smile rather than a snarl out of a stewardess.

Quote Originally Posted by the big fella View Post
    We've recently returned from Gran Canaria with Jet2. Couldn't fault their service and paying that but extra was worth it. We even got a couple of £60 off vouchers to use on our next holiday. Which is very handy as the deposit to reserve a holiday next year is.... £60!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Used them for the last 12 holidays. Never had a problem. I’m surprised to hear this.

Master
    Geoff- I've used them quite a few times myself over the years and it's been relatively trouble free.

I suppose you only find the measure of a company when something goes wrong, they have been diabolical, you couldn't make their complaints process up, its shocking, 100% it's designed to frustrate customers into giving up the complaint- The store I ended up to have been brilliant, even they are astounded how bad the process is.

QUOTE=geoffcotton;5234833]Used them for the last 12 holidays. Never had a problem. I’m surprised to hear this.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by theoriginaldigger View Post
    We went on a TUI flight like that from Manchester to Fuerteventura
    The cabin smelt rank and there were weird brackets under the seats (I suspect for restraints) .The Purser took great delight in telling the other cabin crew that this plane was the one that ran off the runway in Florida last year!!!