closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Lunacy! Bidding on eBay, realised it was mine

Lunacy! Bidding on eBay, realised it was mine

So I am hunting an Aerospace at the moment (will be the 6th I have bought!!) and have been tracking a number on ebay.

I sent an offer on one, but was turned down.... am studying the watch photos a bit more now and realise that it used to be mine, flipped it on here about 3 years ago!!!
    Seller is a dealer in Hatton Gardens, London.

Anyway, I refuse to offer more than I sold it for, but they do want a few hundred more so I am out.... but small world, eh!

Ironically, I found the service paperwork and letters from Breitling for this watch just the other day, with price breakdown of service and recommendations etc.
    I binned it. Hey ho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    LOL, it is a small world isn't it.

Galling to have to pay more for 'your own' watch. ;-)

I would of asked them if they wanted the paperwork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    I sold my BLNR a few years ago for £5K. Regretted and bought it back a few months later for £5250. Wasn't happy with that at the time. Don't mind so much now!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    I would of asked them if they wanted the paperwork
    Sold them the paperwork, preferably. ;-)

Within in reason I would have bought it back, you know the Watch, you have the service history etc. Buy a different one and you are back to square one on the risk front, just out of principal.

(Removed).
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 1st November 2019 at 09:29.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Within in reason I would have bought it back, you know the Watch, you have the service history etc. Buy a different one and you are back to square one on the risk front, just out of principal.

Sounds like you are biting your nose off to spite your face and binning the service papers is childish.
    I read it that he binned the papers before he saw the watch was up for sale and because, as he had sold the watch a while ago, had no use for them.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyO View Post
    I read it that he binned the papers before he saw the watch was up for sale and because, as he had sold the watch a while ago, had no use for them.
    Okay, if that's the case I apologise for my comment and retract it.

The OP still knows the history of the Watch though. I would have contacted the seller, explained the situation and try and agree some middle ground. The seller does have to factor in the fees after all.

Lunacy! Bidding on eBay, realised it was mine

Yeh, papers went before I was looking for the Aerospace. I could not get them to the original buyer, and they’ve been kicking around for ages so was just having a clear out.

I thought of that, buying in the knowledge it had a full service etc. some time ago - but we’re back to battery change time now anyway, and they have reportedly just had that done “locally”......
    I would rather find one a bit cheaper and have me do that along with seals when I pick one up, for proper piece of mind.