closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Paris & the better half...

Paris & the better half...

We're planning a couple of days in Paris. I have a pretty solid itinerary of watch shops lined up, but would be keen to hear your recommendations for garnering brownie points with the missus. In particular, keen to hear of any off-the-beaten-path or connoisseurs' choices of handbag shop.

Thanks in advance :)

Goyard ? Although you might not thank me...

Craftsman
    Hate to be the party pooper but watch out for pickpockets and steamers.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lew07 View Post
    Hate to be the party pooper but watch out for pickpockets and steamers.

What are steamers ?

B

Blog Entries
    Bouillon-Chartier, at the south end of Rue du Faubourg Montmartre. A 'Brasserie'. Noisy, loud, unpolite waiters who don't like non-French people. But the food is good and fresh (at least it used to be when I was there). You think that Louis de Funès learned his role there.

Place Trocadero with the Palais the Chaillot. A famous landmark, but go inside the museums! Awesome.

In the 16th Arr (walk SW from Trocadero): The Le Corbusier Foundation on Sq. Dr Blanche. Off the beaten path, I tell you.

Musée Nissim de Camondo: 8th arr. Furniture and the whole place is a remembrance spot to one of the family members who died as an pilot in WW1

To the SW, Parce André Citroen. Very modern styling. The High Rise in NY is based on this park

On the southbank of the Seine: Parc Le Jardin de Luxembourg. Posh, great for a walk on Sunday afternoon.

A little to the east from that parc, just west of the Parc Botanique: Le Grand Mosque with a great place to drink tea and eat baklava. I was there with friends who were familiar around that area, so I didn't pay attention to where the entrance to the restaurant was.

The yellow-line metro from Concorde to La Défense or the red one from Etoile Chr de Gaulle. Position yourself in the first car, just behind the driver. In the older carriages, you were able to look forward, over the driver's head. Nice view heading that way!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    What are steamers ?

B
    When a few guys fly at You from all directions and try and snatch wallet,phone ,watch or purse.Happened to mates wife in Paris.They only got Her phone fortunately.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lew07 View Post
    When a few guys fly at You from all directions and try and snatch wallet,phone ,watch or purse.Happened to mates wife in Paris.They only got Her phone fortunately.

Every day's a schoolday - thanks for that !!

B

Craftsman
    Can't help with the shopping, but if you like beer, go the the Paname Brewing Company in the 19th Arr. they also do great street food and it's nice to sit outside by the canal if it's a nice day.

Love Paris. Enjoy your trip.

Many thanks all - some great suggestions there and will try to take all of them up :)

Craftsman
    As mentioned above I'd make a trip to Goyard. I'd also head to Celine and Hermes.

Master
    Can’t help you with the handbags, but I spent a few nights in Paris - back and forth every couple of weeks for the best part of a year staying in lovely little hotels right next to the Louvre where our office was.
    One night I met a really drunk young chap in a cafe who told me he was the assistant concierge in the Four Seasons..... very likely story of course, but he recommended what he called the best kept secret in Paris. A little restaurant called Cafe de l’Homme. It’s not expensive (relatively), the food is fantastic and they have a terrace with quite possibly the best view of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. When you book, ask for a table with a view, wrap up warm and enjoy. It really was the best “insider” tip I was given.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk