closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bremont event

Bremont event

My local independent AD hosted an event with Bremont to launch their new limited edition the Hercules.

I wasn't that taken with it to be honest, I'm not a big aviation nut so the link doesn't do anything for me (I didn't even take a picture). The design is ok but a bit generic. I liked the previous ones like the Codebreaker and Victory etc.

I've been a bit bored with Bremont over the last few years as they haven't really advanced much in the last few years, in my humble opinion. For me their best models are their older ones like the Martin Baker range, the Jaguar line, Supermarines (but I like the new designs less) and the U2. Although UK manufacturing has increased they still don't have an in house movement. Lets not discuss the Wright Flyer incident. The new military models don't talk to me in terms of their design language, oddly they are one of the best sellers now for Bremont. The best selling ranges for Bremont (I was quizzing the Bremont team as it interests me) are the Military range, MB, Jaguar and U2. The Airco range isn't a big seller and I was surprised that that the Solo wasn't right up there.

Having said that the build quality still looks and feels excellent and solid. I did like the limited edition GMT Supermarine and the newer U2 in black DLC. Price wise the non limited editions are reasonably priced compared to competition. I really want to see Bremont be a bit more exciting like they were a few years back.

I've had loads of Bremonts over the years like the ALT chrono, MB11, Jaguar 3 hander, Boeing 100, Supermarine, maybe some others I can't recall. Not had one in the last year or 2 from memory.

Would I buy one right now? Probably not given watch collecting has got so expensive in the last few years and resources for the hobby are tight.

Anyhow some pictures...

Cheers

James

Untitled by Watch Bum, on Flickr

The standard Solo

Jaguar Chrono

Did like this, the GMT Supermarine, comes with a rubber strap as well.

I like the U2 but felt the caseback should be solid like the older model. Probably still my favourite though.

I did like the mono pusher function on the military chrono

The infamous Wright Flyer

Master
    Blog Entries
    I like the military chrono

Is the MB really an extra tough watch?
    Last edited by bwest76; 23rd October 2019 at 22:06.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Found this picture- look OK, I haven’t read the blurb but to me Hercules is a modern Transport. I thought the Spruce Goose was a famous flop, strange thing to celebrate.

Journeyman
    I like Breamont s vision and like Bremont s watches
    If ı have enough money ı bought all of them

I have had my single Bremont (Alt1-P in Blue) for ages, and like you have not really been dragged along with the current direction.
    Also like you, I am impressed with the Supermarine Waterman (which is a 300-piece limited edition). It was released about 2 years ago (from memory), so has hung around for ages. I find the hand shape so much nicer than on the standard Supermarine. I was wondering whether to start negotiating for one (as they have been around unsold for a such long time) but I see the price has gone up again by another £400 in the last couple of months......

D

Nice photos of some great watches.

Have to ask - what is an "independent AD" ?

I’ve got to be honest, none of those watches appeal to me. I like the MBII and Boeing models but I think that’s because of the marketing partner rather than the watch. I really want to like the HMAF Broadsword model but they have taken a classic design and tweaked it a little too much for me.

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post

Family jewellers, not part of a large chain like Goldsmiths etc and not a single boutique, carry lots of different brands etc

Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post

Supposedly, they have the rubber mounting to encase the movement against shocks and the faraday cage for magnetic resistance.

Mine always performed well and seems tough enough.

Master
    I had a Terra Nova a while back but due to QC issues I got to know the (albeit very good) customer service department very well.
    Now some will say that this shouldn’t be an issue but it all seemed so unnecessary for a brand new watch.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post

Had an MB as my work watch for some time now, women it in all conditions and it’s been faultless.

Journeyman
    I recently came back to the Bremont fold with a U2 as I was after a robust, accurate, nicely executed watch that I wouldn’t be afraid to through around a bit. Had previously owned an Alt1 chrono for about 5 years previously and it was bulletproof and super accurate, so I have positive feelings for the brand and don’t think they deserve a lot of the stick they get. I think they make sturdy watches but agree that (white dialled MB3 aside maybe) there’s nothing in the recent designs that particularly inspire or stand out.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post

A bloke that owns the shop, unlike Goldsmiths. In simple terms.

Master
    Picked up a ALT1 on SC here. As mentioned above, very accurate and dial layout with 'nibbled' lumed Arabic numerals appeals to me very much. Not too enamoured with recent offerings though, so nothing I would consider buying today.

Sent from my Nokia 3.1 using TZ-UK mobile app