closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko SLA023 MM (& SLA021) beautiful or what?

Master

Seiko SLA023 MM (& SLA021) beautiful or what?

As a proud owner of an SKX009J and also that I have the blue Pelagos, I'm really liking blue dialled watches, such as the SMP-C Blue & Doxa Caribbean....

I have just today stumbled across photos of a blue Seiko 300m MM online (model SLA 023). It seems really nice, but as always hard to tell from a couple online photos.

I was one of the first to embrace the 'expensive Seiko' mentality and bought my first 300m MM (SBDX 001) for 1100 Euros new from Japan. I appreciate these have become more expensive, but still accessible. I must have owned 3 or 4, but ended up selling them to get the next grail or otherwise.

I also did not exactly love the bracelet, Hardlex, unsigned crown and bezel. The SLA023 (& 021) look like it improved on some of these issues, all the while introducing the beautiful MEMS method to escapement production. I might be considering one again. Any of you had both the SBDX 001 and the SLA021 and can let me have some thoughts? Better yet any real world photos of the SLA023 or where can I buy one for a good price?

I also like the SLA021 (black), but if Seiko got the blue right, I think it will be a winner. Also, anyone knows if this is a Limited Edition? Thanks!

Adds nothing to the older models for me, and the X on the dial detracts compared to the older dials if anything.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    It's hard not to admire.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Adds nothing to the older models for me, and the X on the dial detracts compared to the older dials if anything.
    have you seen the blue dial?

I think that MEMS, sapphire crystal & a more resistant bezel is certainly worth the price of admission to me.

It will of course always remain a top heavy watch and the bracelet design sucks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    It's hard not to admire.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Exactly. I think it's superb looking.

Master
    Marine Master on the dial looks far more classy than the new X, hope Seiko bring it back.

Master
    Blog Entries
    What about the SLA025?

I've been following pictures of it one Instagram for a little while. Very interesting and better than the green imo but I think with the MM300 the original colour scheme is timeless.

Here's my SLA021 after missing my SBDX017 which I sold as it didn't have a sapphire glass or ceramic bezel. X on the dial and the crown aren't ideal but I rarely notice and think it's a better watch overall.

They still have one of those green ones with ceramic bezel Ltd edition in my local John Lewis which I've often thought about buying but there has always been something else I've needed to buy first.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    They still have one of those green ones with ceramic bezel Ltd edition in my local John Lewis which I've often thought about buying but there has always been something else I've needed to buy first.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Think that's a return. Has to be. I used to use the JL app to check stock every couple of days/week and there was only ever one in the entire company - Oxford St. Once that sold there were none in the company and the item was removed from the app completely. I was hoping to bag it in a sale.

Craftsman
    Splendid watch

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk