closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Breitling NAVITIMER 806 1959 RE-EDITION

Breitling NAVITIMER 806 1959 RE-EDITION

I popped into my local Goldsmiths AD recently to order one of these and was told they were not able to get one as they have already pre-sold their allocation (company wide). I left assuming these were going too be to hard to get and forgot about it for a while.

Browsing today I noticed you can simply order one direct from Breitling! Am I missing something? Anyway let's see what happens :-)

https://www.breitling.com/gb-en/watc...AB0910371B1X1/

Master
    Blog Entries
    You aren’t missing anything, order now and it’ll be on your wrist by Thursday.

Cool, I think i'll pop into the Breitling boutique and grab one from there so I can get a couple of freebies chucked in :-)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ataripower View Post
    Cool, I think i'll pop into the Breitling boutique and grab one from there so I can get a couple of freebies chucked in :-)
    The boutiques don't have them - Only available on-line. I had to cancel my pre-order today from my AD who aren't expecting to see them until November now. (I guess you missed my thread? REVIEW: Breitling Navitimer AB0910371B1X1 )

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    The boutiques don't have them - Only available on-line. I had to cancel my pre-order today from my AD who aren't expecting to see them until November now. (I guess you missed my thread? REVIEW: Breitling Navitimer AB0910371B1X1 )
    I guess they are not selling that well then.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    It's a bit of a puzzle. After speaking to my AD where I had one on pre-order, they have not received any to sell and not expecting to see them until next month now. Yet Breitling are selling them on-line via there website with banner headlines, direct to consumers, even though all AD pre-orders are booked. I bet the ADs and boutiques must be a bit peeved.
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 21st October 2019 at 22:14.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Yes, completely missed it Martyn. A good write up as always and you've helped me make my mind up!

I wonder if Breitling are trying to replicate some of the success Omega have had selling their Speedy Tuesday watches online only? Seems strange the AD's and Boutiques are being bypassed

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

If you buy from Breitling online do you have to pay RRP?

Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post
    If you buy from Breitling online do you have to pay RRP?
    No, the website has an empty box that you enter a lowball offer and press submit.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    An update to this, the project manager (who posts on Timezone) of the project said they have sold out many times over. Quote, “dealer orders for the Re-Edition are far above the production quantity, it is the fastest seller ever.”
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 23rd October 2019 at 10:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    No, the website has an empty box that you enter a lowball offer and press submit.

Blog Entries
    I wanted to share this info from the project manager:

well, the project specs were short & clear; "only perfection is good enough"

it may sound easy to reproduce a watch from the 1950s, but it really isn't - each and every component for this watch was specifically produced for this project, including the B09 caliber that includes several technical innovations that will be phased in with the general production of the B01 family over time. It took 7 prototype stages to get everything "just right"; case chamfering and edges as crisp and sharp as on the original, dial details and hands, mixing lume variations until we had texture and color as close to the original as technically possible (no, we couldn't use Radium....), finally hand applying the lume instead of having it industrially produced, to add that last "human touch".

can't share pictures of the development stages, some early attempts were quite pathetic, it took countless hours by a dedicated team, a true labor of love; hope it shows.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ataripower View Post
    I wonder if Breitling are trying to replicate some of the success Omega have had selling their Speedy Tuesday watches online only? Seems strange the AD's and Boutiques are being bypassed
    It does look that way, doesn't it.

More profit, more appeal to a new (new to Breitling) demographic, perhaps.

I would think that the delayed AD delivery is to allow them to see how many are sold via the website directly (add these well be much more profitable for Breitling) and then send the balance to ADs.

I'd the ADs lists are oversubscribed, this will create hype al a Rolex. The next re-eddtion will then be hyped etc...

Let's see how they play it. They are certainly spending a fortune to re-fit the key big city boutiques currently - so I expect a strategic change is afoot.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk