closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watch servicing and why it played a part in me spending £££ on watches ...

Master

Watch servicing and why it played a part in me spending £££ on watches ...

I know there is a trend of leaving watches with mark and scratches on them but one of the things that drew me to luxury watches was knowing come service time the watch will come back looking almost new. As such I wear mine and mark them but know eventually the watch will be refreshed.

On the weekend I got my longines back from service and I am so pleased. It was losing 30 spd so a service was needed. Also I had used the watch to try a red scotch brite pad before perhaps doing it on other watches (which I never did) with little success. Also it had strap changing marks on the front and back off the lugs. It was in a bit of a mess.

It is probably 98% now and it it’s lovely to have it back in this condition.

We are all different but I love this part of watch ownership. I am aware over polishing will soften lines etc so I will be careful but if this is a once every 5-10 year thing then happy days.

Stu

I also enjoy buying vintage watches with a few ! problems and getting them back to a nice condition.
    It's not the best way as I have been caught out a few times and it would be cheaper ,make more sense to buy in very good condition in the first instance, but wheres the fun in that😁