closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Strapcode - cheaper alternative?

Strapcode - cheaper alternative?

I’m looking for a bracelet for my SRP777 Turtle. I’ve had issues with my Uncle Seiko model so am returning it. I think Strapcode bracelets are excellent but I’m wondering whether anyone has had any success with any cheaper alternatives?

Thanks.

Master
    Yobokies?

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master

Strapcode - cheaper alternative?

What issues have you had on the Uncle Seiko David? I too had to send one back with sharp end links on the underneath when fitted. So sharp there was a potential to cut yourself on them. They had been machined too thin I guess. To add I don’t think this is a general problem, just my bad luck.

To be fair Uncle Seiko customer service was great and offered a full refund or exchange.

As to an alternative, I can only suggest a used Strapcode off SC eventually. New Strapcode prices have gone through the roof.
    Last edited by oiljam; 20th October 2019 at 13:03.

Master
    Blog Entries
    How about Watchgecko.

I think this a case of you get what you pay for. I bought a new Strapcode Oyster for my Seiko Alpinist and the quality is superb. The end pieces are solid and are a superb fit against the Watch case.

There are people selling bracelets on e-bay from £20.00, but do you know what you are getting.

I ordered my Strapcode from Amazon. Postage was £20, but there were no other costs when it arrived in the UK. I think it came from Hong Kong.

That don’t do one with fitting end links.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonzodog View Post
    How about Watchgecko.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I think this a case of you get what you pay for. I bought a new Strapcode Oyster for my Seiko Alpinist and the quality is superb. The end pieces are solid and are a superb fit against the Watch case.

There are people selling bracelets on e-bay from £20.00, but do you know what you are getting.

I ordered my Strapcode from Amazon. Postage was £20, but there were no other costs when it arrived in the UK. I think it came from Hong Kong.
    Got to agree with Ken here.

I've got the Strapcode Jubilee on my Turtle and the quality is spot on. It transforms the watch.

David - Stick a WTB up. They are around and are fantastic value secondhand.

The same issue as you describe Liam but I could live with that. It was also marked when it arrived. In the past I’d have returned it but life’s too short. Also it wouldn’t fit with the supplied fat bars. Their website says that’s the fault of Seiko not drilling the lugs consistently in the same place but I don’t buy that, I think the end links aren’t constructed correctly.

Now I was living with all of that however last night the rivet came out of the clasp. It’s only been worn for around five days!

I can’t fault the service provided by Martin though.

Quote Originally Posted by oiljam View Post
    What issues have you had on the Uncle Seiko David? I too had to send one back with sharp end links on the underneath when fitted. So sharp there was a potential to cut yourself on them. They had been machined too thin I guess. To add I don’t think this is a general problem, just my bad luck.

To be fair Uncle Seiko customer service was great and offered a full refund or exchange.

As to an alternative, I can only suggest a used Strapcode off SC eventually. New Strapcode prices have gone through the roof.

Thanks I’ve emailed Harold.

Quote Originally Posted by Hocuspocus View Post
    Yobokies?

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    That don’t do one with fitting end links.

They don't, but I think with the short lugs and straight edge between the lugs you can get away with it. I've been wearing this combo for the past few weeks and I think it looks pretty good.

I have three watchgecko bracelets, all on Seiko divers, I'm happy with them.

Master
    Thanks I’ve emailed Harold.
    Bought a ceramic bezel insert from him week before last. He posted on the day I transferred the money and it arrived 5 days later.

Craftsman
    Do Monster watches do something that would fit?

I always find Harold’s service spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hocuspocus View Post
    Bought a ceramic bezel insert from him week before last. He posted on the day I transferred the money and it arrived 5 days later.

I had one the theirs on my Solar Tuna and loved it. I might fancy giving a mesh a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post

They don't, but I think with the short lugs and straight edge between the lugs you can get away with it. I've been wearing this combo for the past few weeks and I think it looks pretty good.

I have three watchgecko bracelets, all on Seiko divers, I'm happy with them.

Quote Originally Posted by craggie View Post
    Do Monster watches do something that would fit?
    Don’t think he has bracelets on his own brand, does use bracelets from the known brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just order another bracelet from Strapcode less than an hour of Amazon and got free postage
    They do cost more than others but I do think there the best plus on Amazon you get free returns

I wouldn’t necessarily call £60 cheap but I guess it’s all relative.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    Strapcode are cheap to start with!?

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app

I remember once paying around 1.5k for a AP bracelet some 9 years ago looking back I was mad (and not married :) so £60 doesn't sound so bad

I've just ordered the same bracelet as I have on my Tuna but this time in 20mm and a different clasp

Master
    I wouldn’t necessarily call £60 cheap but I guess it’s all relative.
    Where are they £60? Buying direct from Strapcode, the cheapest Oyster is $127 inc taxes and shipping. Around £98 after exchange. Deffo not cheap.
    Last edited by oiljam; 21st October 2019 at 07:13.

Where are they £60? Buying direct from Strapcode, the cheapest Oyster is $127 inc taxes and shipping. Around £98 after exchange. Deffo not cheap.
    On Amazon they start at around £65 with free delivery 👍🏻

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bazza. View Post
    That’s for the SKX023. Link me one for the Turtle, that’s what the OP is wanting it for.
    Last edited by oiljam; 21st October 2019 at 08:40.

You're right Liam, I'd not factored in the taxes and $25 shipping as they didn't apply last time I bought one and they were shipped from the UK. Coppers short of £100 now so I think I'll pass on Strapcode from now on.

That’s for the SKX023. Link me one for the Turtle, that’s what the OP is wanting it for.

Based on current Strapcode prices I decided to take an exchange rather than a refund from Uncle Seiko. I went for the Z199 and I really rather like it, very retro and I believe in-keeping with the origins of 80s Seiko quartz divers....

Master
    That looks good OP. I prefer those end links to the snaggle tooth ones for Strapcode.

Apprentice
    I ordered a bracelet for my BB58 from them on Amazon. It looked like there was only one in stock because it became "currently unavailable" after my purchase.

Thanks and me too, I really don't like those beaver-teeth Strapcode end links.

The more I wear this the more I love it. It's different to any jubilee I've had before in that it's links are flatter and matt and the bracelet tapers down to 16mm. I think it's stunning and supremely comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by estoban7 View Post
    That looks good OP. I prefer those end links to the snaggle tooth ones for Strapcode.
    Last edited by TaketheCannoli; 22nd October 2019 at 13:32.