closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: AP Royal Oak

Master

AP Royal Oak

Any owners on here?
    I have been interested in getting one for a while. Now that my name has come up for the 15500, as always there is some self doubt as to what it will be like to live with. Never had an AP before, but having tried one on a few months back I thought it wore really well.

Any positive or negatives I may need to consider before making the purchase?

Blog Entries
    Had a 15202 and 15300, the finish is leagues above most out there and is it's best and worst enemy - best: the finish is sublime, utterly beautiful in every way / worst: its a scratch magnet and a bugger to keep pristine. I miss both mine and am currently looking to add either a 15300 or 25860 to my collection, if i can find one.

Had a 15400 and let it go as it wore too big and as mentioned above was a scratch magnet. I now have a 26320ST and love it, classy, understated and far less of a scratch magnet for some reason. There’s a pic of it somewhere in the incoming thread.

AP Royal Oak

Lucky you! I’d love to have either a 15500 or more likely a 15450 to add to my Rolex SD4K. Have you got other watches in your collection? For me at least the AP looks to be a real step up in the standard of finish and I think that they look best nice crisp and sharp. Thus for me it wouldn’t work as a one and only. Guess it won’t be your only watch?

Also what colour you looking for, it’s a blue I’m waiting for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ikincooper; 19th October 2019 at 10:21.

Craftsman
    Fantastic watch, doesn’t wear anywhere near as big as it looks. The bracelet and polishing is on another level from pretty much anything else out there

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    , the finish is leagues above most out there and is it's best and worst enemy - best: the finish is sublime, utterly beautiful in every way / worst: its a scratch magnet and a bugger to keep pristine.
    Pretty good summary.

I'm not an AP owner, but I'd be wary of both the 50m WR and the bracelet (apparently not the most comfortable and a bit of a hair puller). I've also always thought the crown position looked a bit vulnerable, but maybe not a problem in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by tiny73 View Post
    I now have a 26320ST and love it, classy, understated and far less of a scratch magnet for some reason...
    How so mate? It's basically the same watch with a chrono function isn't it?

Craftsman
    Like this one in tgvs video..the silver seems to light up in certain conditions

https://youtu.be/1RcY0o3xuVE

I think it would be a great watch in any collection.
    It's just a matter of time...

Buy it and flip it. That’s the rule

Nice watches with superb bracelets, at that price point only the new VC Overseas and Minase Divido have bracelets that are on par. They do have a bit of a reputation of being a bit nouveau riche but who cares - iconic design and a very nice piece.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Master
    Thanks all. Interesting points. Especially on the scratch resistance. Day to day I wear Rolex so this would be an occasional watch I guess.

The dial I have been offered is grey.

Have a couple of days to make a final decision.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jackin_jill View Post
    How so mate? It's basically the same watch with a chrono function isn't it?
    39mm vs 41mm too. Maybe I just learnt to wear it avoiding scratches more? Dunno but it certainly doesn’t seem to be as attracted to doorways, desks etc as the 41mm.

As for the bracelet being a hair puller I’m not sure I’d agree. I have both the RO Chrono and a ROO Chrono both with bracelet and despite being fairly hirsute I can’t say I’ve noticed it being especially painful to wear.

Master
    I may pass on this AP. If anybody is after one let me know, I can facilitate. At retail of course.

Thank you for the opportunity but as it’s a grey dial. I’ll not jump this time.

Would love a blue but rarer than rocket horse jobbies and only from the boutiques as well. So from a normal AD a black would be the one.

AP Royal Oak

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    I may pass on this AP. If anybody is after one let me know, I can facilitate. At retail of course.

Great offer and if blue I would have been all over your generosity.

Edited:

I would be very keen to take you up on this if you do pass, although I got my serial numbers mixed up and it isn't the one I'm after!

I think you should go for it and try it out for a month, if you don't like it I'm sure you could pass it on for what you paid :)
    Last edited by thestore; 20th October 2019 at 17:31.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thestore View Post
    Edited:

I would be very keen to take you up on this if you do pass, although I got my serial numbers mixed up and it isn't the one I'm after!

I think you should go for it and try it out for a month, if you don't like it I'm sure you could pass it on for what you paid :)
    No problem!!

I am an AP novice. No idea what these are worth on the secondary market. All I know is that most shops had a long wait when I called.

Take your point on buying and then moving it on but thinking may be better off leaving to somebody who definitely wants this model.

No problem!!

I am an AP novice. No idea what these are worth on the secondary market. All I know is that most shops had a long wait when I called.

Take your point on buying and then moving it on but thinking may be better off leaving to somebody who definitely wants this model.

I’m no expert either, but I would expect you wouldn’t lose money on it. I’m looking to join a list for an AP soon, did you have any history with the retailer to get your name added?

I’m also a little nervous about scratches! I don’t baby my other watches (wear in the gym etc) but all I hear is that AP are magnets for scratches.