closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Halios Seaforth bronze

Halios Seaforth bronze

This week I received a Halios Seaforth bronze with the blue dial. I did a quick picture in the new arrivals thread, here are some more impressions of the watch.

I must begin by saying this is my first Halios. Never even seen one in the flesh before. Despite telling myself never to buy solely based on pictures, sometime that rule is hard to stick to for watches not often seen in the wild.

Also I guess I am rather late to the brand, there have been various other models and multiple (I think thee) runs of the Seaforth in steel. When the bronze was announced I immediately liked it and acted quickly, getting on a list and fortunate enough to get one assigned. Judging from posts on Instagram it seems most European buyers got a watch, it appears Forasec - distributing in Europe - secured enough watches for this market.

The choice was blue dial, green dial or fumé grey. All look great but owning a green Alpinist and not a big fan of fumé (at least on a dive watch) the choice was simple. It was also the shot of the blue prototype that got me hooked.

This week the watch arrived and I am really happy with it. I will expand a bit on why.

First of all the design, which got me on the list in the first place. The design is nice and clean, not too much going on. No date. Dive watch design has been all over the place, not much that hasn’t been done yet and a lot that can be screwed up. Especially on cleaner dials everything needs to be in balance. I can’t say why but for me Halios owner Jason did a great job and it seems to work. There is also enough to set it apart from other dive watches with a nice case design (see the crown guards and angular lugs) and a stunning crystal that reminds me of vintage Tudors watches.

Also note the hands and markers match the case which makes everything blend in with each other. Time for a picture:

Then the execution. Must say the watch is very nicely finished. Different types of finish on the case, both brushed and polished. Small details I hadn’t noticed before also pop up in real life, the bezel edge is polished, contrasting nicely with the top of the bezel for example.

The crystal is a real eye catcher due to its shape and the AR does a nice job to let the dial shine.

The dial itself is of a very deep blue colour. Sometimes almost black but when the light hits, the blue sunburst effect is cool to watch.

It came on a comfortable rubber strap. Nice and thin, it does not attract lint so no cutting corners here. Keepers are a bit loose, other straps have more tight keepers but on the flip side it makes it easy to put on/off the wrist.

The whole process was also pleasant. I exchanged a few mails with Jason and he was nice to deal with. How often do you get to have contact with the owner and designer? Pretty cool. Delivery was delayed by two weeks and he even compensated everyone with an extra leather strap. There was no need but happy he did. And - with an eye for detail - even the extra strap had a second bronze clasp.

The watch also came with a nice leather Halios case to store watch, extra strap and small bits and bobs.

It will be a great experience to see the patina develop over time. I have one other bronze watch (Anonimo) and it is a very dark and deep color by now, making this watch very “bling” in comparison.

Overall very happy and glad I found the brand. Other new models are due soon, definitely a brand for me to keep an eye on.

Curious who else got a Halios Bronze. Saw at least one in green today in the Friday thread but please share some pictures and impressions.

Two last wrist shots to end with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    That looks lovely. I’ve seen a few of these being shown as new arrivals on the social media platforms, and without exception the owners are over the moon with the watch. Enjoy.

Craftsman
    It's lovely. I'm disappointed I missed the latest run of them. If you decide it's taking up too much space in your watch box, let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson_smyth View Post
    It's lovely. I'm disappointed I missed the latest run of them. If you decide it's taking up too much space in your watch box, let me know!
    That is not gonna happen. I saw forasec post there might be a few left just before deliveries started. You might try direct. Who knows some people may have had second thoughts.

A quick lume shot after a short walk outdoors. Taking out the garbage to be honest ;-)

Halioswatches rarely disappoints.
    Looks like a very light bronze.

Master
    Agreed. I love their design and you will find their customer service (Jason) if you have any issues, is fantastic too!

Hoping they will do another run of the Seaforth in SS in future, especially the GMT.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Halioswatches rarely disappoints.
    Looks like a very light bronze.
    It is very light and shiny indeed. Not an expert, site states “Aluminium nickel bronze”.

Jason posted a picture on Instagram of one where he accelerated the patina which is quite a bit darker but I would rather have nature take its course.

Journeyman
    Halios does superb watches

That really is a great looking watch!

Can I ask how much they cost when they were available please?

Halios Seaforth bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    That really is a great looking watch!

Can I ask how much they cost when they were available please?
    Top of mind EUR 750, 250 to get on the list (refundable) and 499 final payment.

Jason announced a second run already a few months ago so don’t understand the premium asked on eBay for some.

They're still available through Forasec

Nice but a bit boring,

Journeyman
    Mine was the green one on the Incoming thread. I finally got round to taking some more photos this evening when I swapped the strap from the rubber to the green canvas strap that also came with it. The rubber strap is comfortable but I found the loose keepers a bit annoying as they kept moving.

The blue dial looks great but I chose green as I've got a Z-Blue Milgauss and wanted something different from my other watches.

I've worn it every day since it arrived and I'm really happy with it. It may look boring to some, but I really like the simplicity of the design. The combination of the bronze and the way the dial changes depending on the light bring the whole thing together for me.

Anyway, here are some photos:

Master
    Looks great. I find nothing boring about a well made, well executed watch!

New strap from Pavel installed, very happy how it turned out. Amazingly comfortable as well!

Journeyman
    Looks sweet. Congrats

Great work from Pavel on a superb strap. My first strap from him and amazing how comfortable it is for a relatively thick strap.

Patina is already starting to show. Not much however the shininess has subdued.