closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Scurfa Diver One owners? Or alternatives?

Scurfa Diver One owners? Or alternatives?

Came across these lately (late to the party I guess) but anyone got one particularly the blue with yellow hands? Or maybe black/yellow?

Regardless please share your pics of what you have.

It's almost perfect for what I'm after (understated, 40mm, crown guards, date, lume, not really a homage) although a plexi crystal would suit me more.

Anything else similar to consider? I did quite like the Spinnaker Dumas but this seems to be rather more show than go and not as nice in real life from what I've read.

Last edited by Max...; 18th October 2019 at 11:49.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I had one for a short time,don’t know why but just couldn’t bond with it.Great value imho.

Anyone in the market for an inexpensive quartz grab and go would struggle to get better value.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Anyone in the market for an inexpensive quartz grab and go would struggle to get better value.
    Completely agree. I love mine.

Love mine, superb value.

Looking forward to the silver dial and the yellow dial in PVD next month

Last edited by acg; 18th October 2019 at 17:01.

Craftsman
    I have had the ND513RD which I sold and now have the MS18. They are excellent watches and I like everything about them with the exception of the brushed hands. The hand stamping is very rough and you can see a ragged edge around all the hands which makes them look really cheep. It's quiet prominent and you can see it in all the photos on their website. I sold the the ND513RD because of this.

The MS18 and any of the others look with painted hands look much better quality.

Craftsman
    I have an early diver 1, with the ceramic bezel & yellow hands, it's been sailing, swimming and generally worn when doing"odd jobs". It hasn't got a mark on it and when I took it for a battery replacement and pressure test the watch guy in the jewellers remarked it was built like a tank (He hadn't seen one before) and the case quality was excellent. I also had a MS18 for a while, sold it on here as I hanker for a yellow one when they become available again. sorry no pics but can't seem to make them appear on here! Cheers, John B4

Thanks chaps. Am I right in thinking the battery life is 10 years?

And do they ever need any maintenance or would it just be better to pop a new movement in?? IIRC although the Swiss quartz movement is perfectly respectable they are $10 dollars each??

Craftsman
    Hi

I have 6 Scurfa watches, all of the quartz movement

I have changed a couple of batteries- I think a 3 year life is normal

I have never had any trouble with the movements and Paul and Alison who run the business are an absolute pleasure to deal with

The designs are distinctive and along with a PRS-18Q they are my favourite dive watches. Distinctive, functional and purposeful

I don’t think you will be disappointed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Max... View Post
    Thanks chaps. Am I right in thinking the battery life is 10 years?

And do they ever need any maintenance or would it just be better to pop a new movement in?? IIRC although the Swiss quartz movement is perfectly respectable they are $10 dollars each??
    Paul uses some of the better Swiss movementS in them, the gold plated fully Swiss made jewelled movements. Not the cheap ‘Swiss parts’ Far East assembled ones you’re referring to.

Scurfa Diver One owners? Or alternatives?

Quote Originally Posted by acg View Post
    Love mine, superb value.

Looking forward to the silver dial and the yellow dial in PVD next month

Looks superb on that bracelet. How is the clasp on these?
    Last edited by Gavbaz; 20th October 2019 at 09:14.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    Looks superb on that bracelet. How is the clasp on these?
    The clasp is quit similar to the chunky Everest one, I assume these watches are made in a similar place (they both have outstanding build for the money)

It's also not expensive at all!

Quote Originally Posted by ejtrent View Post
    The clasp is quit similar to the chunky Everest one, I assume these watches are made in a similar place (they both have outstanding build for the money)

It's also not expensive at all!
    Thanks mate. Looks excellent for £50. Will treat myself.

I had one for a couple of days, I bought the one shown below as a knock about watch. It was the only no date they had in stock at the time. Shipping was fairly quick and the watch was okay but I sold it almost immediately. I found it a bit too thick and blocky for me. The crystal also seemed to have quite a lot of reflection.

Banned
    Was looking at Scurfa last year but decided to go for a Citizen Excalibur. Great bracelet, Eco Drive, 5 year warranty, £70 cheaper and you can go into a shop (Argos) to check it over. Bit bigger than the Scurfa though and the Scurfa has sapphire.

Thanks for the input chaps. Slightly on the fence still TBH but hmmmmm....

Master
    With a bracelet the Surfa will cost £250, that's £100 more than the Citizen, I've had the Excaliber and currently have a black dialled Scurfa one, I only sold the Citizen as I wanted to wear it on a strap as an option, but it's a 23mm lug width which cut down the strap options and was realistically too wide for me, otherwise I'd have kept it, a brilliant watch for the money.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Max... View Post
    Came across these lately (late to the party I guess) but anyone got one particularly the blue with yellow hands? Or maybe black/yellow?

Regardless please share your pics of what you have.

It's almost perfect for what I'm after (understated, 40mm, crown guards, date, lume, not really a homage) although a plexi crystal would suit me more.

Anything else similar to consider? I did quite like the Spinnaker Dumas but this seems to be rather more show than go and not as nice in real life from what I've read.

Yes ıt s good value watch 👏👏👏👏👏
    Hope ı ll get same one blue yellow

Craftsman
    Scurfa watches are worth every penny, only other brand ive had that has a similar quality for under £500 is Eddie's

Edit: And I wouldnt worry about the bracelet as the rubber strap is simply the best I've had on any watch

Really happy with mine. I'd totally disagree about not getting the bracelet, the rubber is fantastic, but so is the bracelet.

Arghh. Worked out what’s been bugging me and it’s the logo. I understand the box outline is to ape conventions on Sub gear - it’s a little too big but mainly it’s the unnecessary ‘watches’ line underneath. Just pointless in a (errrr...it’s a watch?!) logo and as much as I hate to say it just makes me think of the shopping channel/fashion brand watches. Try it and cover up the ‘watches’ part on the pics above and it’s a huge improvement. Not quite Comex logo cool but better for sure. Sorry!
    Last edited by Max...; 21st October 2019 at 20:46.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by WarrenVrs View Post
    Really happy with mine. I'd totally disagree about not getting the bracelet, the rubber is fantastic, but so is the bracelet.

Aye I do agree but I more meant if its a deal breaker, the rubber is wonderful