Now I am fan of the Tudor GMT & of Tudor per se (I own a Heritage Chrono) & there have been a few threads on the GMT recently, I didn't want to hijack one of those threads so I thought I'd start my own. I looked at a possible GMT purchase for a while after they came out, however second hand residuals held firm for a good while after release. Then I started to read about the 'issue' with the date & that got me thinking about a possible alternative. I settled on a Squale 30 ATMOS Tropic GMT Ceramica (it has a similar look to the Tudor, which is what I like). For the money, its a cracking watch, ETA 2893-2 movement, the whole thing has a quality feel about it its also made in limited numbers so I am probably less likely to come across someone wearing one of these than if I had have bought the Tudor GMT.

I am not writing off the possibility of owning the Tudor in the future, its just if you look a little left field you can sometimes find some cracking alternatives to what I would call the main stream, where you may not have to pay so much for the brand.