closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Solid platinum AP perpetual calendar for sale in Belfast. Care to guess a price?

Solid platinum AP perpetual calendar for sale in Belfast. Care to guess a price?

I've posted up before about a new watch dealer recently opened in Belfast, Pride & Pinion. Their instagram feed is a busy one... and rather funny at times.

Anyway, they've got THIS in stock. I'll paste in the description, but what are we looking at here price wise? Couldn't afford the buckle on it... but I'm curious!

Every day we work hard to find that 1 piece, that 1 watch that no one has really seen before. Today was our lucky day! Together with our good friends from @amsterdamvintagewatches we’ve been able to find that 1 watch that no one has really seen before.
    Not only are we now able to do research on this watch but we’re also going to be the first one to sell this masterpiece to the public.

The reference belonging to this Audemars Piguet is 25930PT.ZZ.0944PT.01. Please, feel free to look up this reference. we are pretty sure – that you’ll not find this watch anywhere else because it is one of a kind.

Besides the rarity of this timepiece, there are some other aspects that make this watch unique. The reference 25930PT.ZZ.0944PT.01, unlike the 25930SP which was made from steel and platinum that’s why the reference ends with SP, the watch we found is completely from platinum (0944PT stands for platinum). What is more, the bezel and index both have factory-set diamonds (ZZ stands for factory diamonds). The dial is from sapphire crystal which exposes the beautifully finished automatic movement. Obviously, it has a perpetual calendar complication, or quantième perpétuel as Audemars Piguet calls it, which means it displays the day, date, month and automatically adjusts for leap year. If that is not good enough, the watch also has a moon phase indicator.

Now, to make it more exciting, we would like to ask you to find us more information about this watch, or even, find another one, which we believe is impossible, can you proof us wrong?

This unique watch is available to view in the Vault in Belfast, if you’re interested to purchase you’ll have to bring a big ass wallet with you because this watch doesn’t come cheap!
    And now, the pics.....

Master
    Surprisingly I actually don't hate it... But I think it probably cost more than my house. Must be £3-400k?

Master
    They can just get an extract from the archives from AP ffs.... all these wannabe watch dealers popping up every which way. Cant wait for the bubble to burst.
    Horrible looking thing, too...

Journeyman

Solid platinum AP perpetual calendar for sale in Belfast. Care to guess a price?

I’ll play...

So I believe the SS skeletons are going for £70k. Assuming the engraving and diamonds are factory, the relatively high raw material value of the platinum and a huge premium for, I’m guessing, rarity considering the complications, this must be north of two hundred bags. Perhaps quarter of a big one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ellgal; 15th October 2019 at 19:22.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Dump the glass, it looks crass.

Craftsman
    Not for me. if someone posted this on Facebook market place I'd report it as a fake in a heartbeat. The craftsmanship may be evident and impressive but to me it's monstrously ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    I believe the watch belongs to Amsterdam vintage. The guy Nico is Dutch(or Scandinavian). On his Facebook page he stated that the watch came from Amsterdam vintage. So either on loan or promotion. The chap has a lot of high priced stock in Belfast and May being fed stock from Amsterdam.

An automatic perpetual calendar that takes into account leap years?
    Wow, that is some movement!

Not my flavour, the style - but I’d love that movement!!

Theyre showing and discussing it any time now on Instagram live in case any one is interested.
    Last edited by JohnnyE; 15th October 2019 at 21:10.

I can imagine that would blow you away I’m the flesh. Pictures don’t always do watches justice

Master
    This is vulgar opulent beauty. Love it.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    I can imagine that would blow you away I’m the flesh. Pictures don’t always do watches justice
    Wrist shots. Seems its on loan for a few days to show in the Belfast shop.

Craftsman
    So how much is it. Equivalent to 10 houses in the north or a studio apartment in knightsbridge.

I’m going to guess 800k - given it’s a one off they can price it whatever they want

Had a look at their IG account, he has modelled his shop and IG account off Amsterdam Vintage Watches. Not as well though. Quite odd.

My guess is 250K, but what do I know..
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Quote Originally Posted by champagne_james View Post
    Had a look at their IG account, he has modelled his shop and IG account off Amsterdam Vintage Watches. Not as well though. Quite odd.
    He's from there himself. Just copying a friend's business model that works I guess. One things for sure, it's a great place to browse in person.

Prices are above my comfort zone though. I could fly to Haywood and still come back home with a grand spare.

Quote Originally Posted by notenoughwrists View Post
    An automatic perpetual calendar that takes into account leap years?
    Wow, that is some movement!

Not my flavour, the style - but I’d love that movement!!

I thought the point of perpetual calendars was that they all take into account leap years, hence the 'perpetual' name?

Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    I thought the point of perpetual calendars was that they all take into account leap years, hence the 'perpetual' name?
    Yes, otherwise it's an annual calendar.

Quote Originally Posted by astonandy View Post
    Not for me. if someone posted this on Facebook market place I'd report it as a fake in a heartbeat...
    This made me laugh!

I know exactly what you mean... I don't question its authenticity, however in different circumstances, without knowing it's back story, it's so garish that one could be forgiven for thinking it was an Asian special set with cubic zirconia.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    I mean looks nice, I would prefer no diamonds haha, but I’m guessing 275k

I'm actually not that offended by it, it is more tasteful than some other brands efforts. If it had higher contrasting hands it'd be better. My guess is £800k

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyE View Post
    Wrist shots. Seems its on loan for a few days to show in the Belfast shop.

I doubt I could afford the shirt, never mind the watch!

Master
    i admire the skeleton movement but isn't that the standard AP s/s bracelet? I can buy a 2003 Platinum day-date Rolex with diamonds from Blowers for £27k and I get a platinum bracelet. Ok I dont get that trick AP movt but with the money saved I can then get a standard AP skeleton and still have money left. That's me with my logic/thrifty head.

I love a good skeleton watch but the hands on this are all wrong they blend far too much into the watch. The date subdial is badly balanced with the 31 and 1 being far too close together looks more like 311

Journeyman
    Lot of hate for this but, diamonds aside, I like it.

What I don’t like is AP in general, and Moby Dick APs sold through IG dealers to people with more money than sense who should know better.

More importantly though, did we get to a landing on their asking price?