closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega Seamaster 2254.50, new arrival, straps, what a watch!

Master

Omega Seamaster 2254.50, new arrival, straps, what a watch!

So, my new 2006 2254 arrived today, bought from a forum member and now I really do understand what all the fuss is about! What a lovely design and form factor, the thickness (or rather thinness) is perfect, sword hands, subtle wave dial, and lacks the shiny bling of many of todays modern divers. Honeymoon period obviously, but I am hoping this is a keeper! Took it to Barretts of Tavistock today where it passed a pressure test and showed to be keeping reasonable time (but will probs be needing a service soon(ish)). I was quoted £420 for a full service, seems a bit steep? What do you think? They are Omega certified so would come with a 24 month Omega warranty, but still... I was thinking around the £250-300 mark.

The fit on the bracelet isn't bad but I have seen some lovely pics before of it on Omega rubber straps. I think a lot of these are meant for the planet ocean but seem to fit and suit this model well. Does anyone have any pics of this model on various straps? And any advice on where to get Omega straps for it?

Overall though, I do not think the term "modern classic" is misused for this baby!
    Last edited by watchstudent; 15th October 2019 at 16:34.

Master
    Some quick and dirty iPhone snaps for now:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Also if anyone can shed light on what this means I would be grateful!

The PO rubber straps look great but you won't be able to rotate your bezel as they sit too tight to it.

cousins did a Rolex sub rubber strap that was about £20 and that fits the watch great with its curved ends.

Quote Originally Posted by watchstudent View Post
    Also if anyone can shed light on what this means I would be grateful!

100m waterproof/pressure test, by the looks of it

Terrific watches, I always thought mine looked great on this , unfortunately I just can’t get on with wearing rubber straps. The strap has been moved on but the watch still remains.

Journeyman
    Lovely piece . i would love to add an omega to my collection but cant decide on a model. im kinda between a speedy and a PO but i do like the aqua Terra too. pity i cant afford them all .

Craftsman
    One of my favourite watches. Looks nice on a black NATO, especially the omega one.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    Terrific watches, I always thought mine looked great on this , unfortunately I just can’t get on with wearing rubber straps. The strap has been moved on but the watch still remains.

Thats the one! Any idea where I would get one of those from nowadays? Suppose I could try an AD but I would imagine Omega have stopped selling those as the watch it came with has been discontinued for a number of years...

I picked mine up here and sold it on again here.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    I picked mine up here and sold it on again here.
    Thanks, I will keep an eye out!

Don't mix the 2254 rubber with the PO rubber. They look very similar at first glance but are two different straps with different lug and springbar fitments.

The 20mm PO strap is #98000144. You don't want that one. You need #98000085 (as shown in the post above).
    Last edited by Jon Kenney; 15th October 2019 at 22:20.

13 years old is perhaps a little old to be called a baby