closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Long shot: Spectacles identification.

Long shot: Spectacles identification.

This is Alexander Skarsgård in a recent Clarks shoe print advert.

Not bothered about the shoes, but I really would like to identify the glasses he's wearing.

Notice that they are longer on the nose side of the lenses, sort of reverse of aviator style.

I've done a half-hour of searching but no joy in finding the same style. So, can anyone identify the style or something similar please?

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Alpha4; 15th October 2019 at 12:33.

The largest range I could find was https://www.framesdirect.com with over 2,000 styles listed. A quick look though and couldn't see anything matching your picture, but that was only a quick look.

Thank MM. Blimey, they do have a lot of spec frames on that site! Haven't found anything yet (I'm on page 18 of 37 @ 90 frames per page). There are some similar(ish) ones, but nothing the same (Yet!).

Judging by the wide nose bridge, I suppose they could be vintage specs, so I'll probably never find them.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha4 View Post
    This is Alexander Skarsgård in a recent Clarks shoe print advert.

Not bothered about the shoes, but I really would like to identify the glasses he's wearing.

Notice that they are longer on the nose side of the lenses, sort of reverse of aviator style.

I've done a half-hour of searching but no joy in finding the same style. So, can anyone identify the style or something similar please?

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk
    There are some Tom Ford glasses on BrandAlley at the moment that look just like these

IMG_1735.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

He wore very similar glasses in the recent BBC adaptation of Le Carre's 'Little Drummer Girl', set in the late 1970s, so possibly vintage...
    ______

​Jim.

Personally, if I was after the similar par, I’d pop into an indy optician and ask them. Prolly one of those Scandinavian local makers/designers..
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Journeyman
    Perhaps you could try and contact the man himself to find out. A few years ago I was watching a George Clarke programme( cant remember which one now) and was wondering what watch he was wearing. Long story short as I couldn`t find it on google or anywhere I sent an email to his company. Much to my surprise his PA got back to me and told me what make and model watch it was. So perhaps go down that route.

Thanks for the suggestions all. The quest continues...

Master
    Skaga are the only Scandinavian frame maker I can think of, other than Lindberg but that's not their style.
    Period Carrera frames are the most similar in design.

Have you tried Balenciaga vintage aviators or gold tone aviators?

Last edited by Jon Kenney; 15th October 2019 at 20:47.

Just done a search on Etsy for vintage frames and found a couple of frames that are similar.

As suggested above, the Tom Ford and the Balenciaga styles are also close styles.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Apart from the slim nose bridge, those are very close. Shame they're out of stock.