Thread: How to dispose of a body?

Quote Originally Posted by Holsterman View Post
    Sorry for your losses.

This, or a rocket?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u44D3qKKGPU
    This, more like.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWNuIH2iol4

Sorry for your losses, too.

My mum and dad are on a shelf in the garage. I'm still waiting for my brother to make up his mind as to where we scatter them. A friend of ours still has her dead husband's ashes in the bottom of her wardrobe.

Master
    My folks passed away years ago. I have no recollection of any discussions at the time about what to do with the ashes. In short, I don’t know for sure what happened to them. This hadn’t crossed my mind until I read this post.

On the other hand, I have the ashes for two of my beloved Whippets. Scattered some of the ashes on our favourite walks and the remnants are tucked away in my bedside cabinet.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    Nightmare.

Unless that's what he wanted, of course.
    Regrettably not. The Travelodge carpet scattering happened when trying to decant uncle into a set of scattering tubes in preparation for a scattering ceremony.

My Uncle had his ashes scattered on the scottish highlands (he loved his whiskey so chose locations relevant to his favourite drams) some more scattered on his birthplace and the rest were put into a 'memorial shelf' at his church. they keep pidgeon holes for ashes to be sealed up in.

I never thought this could be so difficult and I'm slightly shocked at how many say they've retained the ashes for some considerable time.

In my father's case, we took his ashes to a favourite spot of his, checked the wind direction (don't underestimate the importance of this) and scattered them.

Personally I think people are over thinking this. Once you scatter the ashes they get spread and absorbed into the earth (or water), so if someone builds on a spot in the future, there's not really much chance that the ashes are still there (unless you bury them in a pot of course).

Me? Mountains or the sea, so I suspect the sea as it's easier to reach from anywhere I'm likely to be.

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

We don't really scatter the ashes for the dead, we do it for the living.

The Sea

I'd like my friends to use my ashes as a BBQ liner for the Summer so I can join them for a few last parties and contribute more to the cooking than I usually do.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I'd like my friends to use my ashes as a BBQ liner for the Summer so I can join them for a few last parties and contribute more to the cooking than I usually do.
    Not sure if anyone would go for that one, but as they say each to their own. A lot of people bury ashes under trees they plant and all sorts

Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    Not sure if anyone would go for that one, but as they say each to their own. A lot of people bury ashes under trees they plant and all sorts
    I wasn't serious