closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bulgaria v England - what happens if England walk off

Bulgaria v England - what happens if England walk off

For any of you watching, the game has been halted twice, that’s 2 protocols met of UEFA’s 3 step process, but what happens to the result?

We are 4 goals up, is it an abandonment and the result doesn’t stand?

What does that do for qualification for the Euros?

Don’t get me wrong, what’s going on is disgusting and the implications for Bulgaria will no doubt see another ban or closed door set of games, no player should have to suffer that abuse, but wondering where the result stands?

I think the commentators said the match would be abandoned and the consequences would be dealt with by a UEFA committee. I guess this would be an unprecedented scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    So the match wasn't abandoned. I'm not sure what would have happened to the result, or the presumed result if the game had been abandoned part-way through the match, but I hope and assume it wouldn't have been rendered null and void. That would actively encourage and reward racist abuse.

Grand Master
    Thankfully the match continued, ending in a resounding England win. From what I saw most of the racist chanting idiots were kicked out at half- time but a few remained in the ground and the racist chants continued, albeit at a much lower level.

The powers that be need to get a grip on this problem, but tonight has seen a step in the right direction. I”m not a big fan of football, I think more should’ve been done in the past to tackle this problem, but I’m glad to see a more robust stance is finally being taken.

I’ve watched Rugby League since 1969, back in those days and the 70s it wasn’t uncommon to hear racist abuse at a match, but it disappeared many many years ago, It would be totally unthinkable thesedays and I’m sure the same applies to most football grounds, but sadly it persists in small pockets and some countries are way behind us in this respect. Hopefully things will continue to improve, being subjected to racist abuse must be v. unpleasant to say the least, it clearly upsets all the players, not just the ones on the receiving end.

The Beautiful Game.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Master
    Forget the result they should have left the pitch as a team. Once that happened a few times UEFA would get the message and actually do something meaningful about it.

Quote Originally Posted by relaxer7 View Post
    UEFA would get the message and actually do something meaningful about it.
    Not a chance. A token fine and another match played behind closed doors.

I had no idea the protocols had already been in place for 10 years? UEFA isn't fit for purpose.

Until teams start to walk off nothing will happen. It is very common place in most European countries, they even chant against their own players - Italy being the worst for many years but nothing is ever done about it.

Panem et circenses

Turkey stars defy UEFA investigation to give military-style salutes for second time

Turkey striker Cenk Tosun says the salute was "for the ones who are risking their lives for our nation".
    LINK
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by relaxer7 View Post
    Forget the result they should have left the pitch as a team. Once that happened a few times UEFA would get the message and actually do something meaningful about it.
    If we had won Friday night, then this would have been perfect for walking off with qualy already secured.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    Panem et circenses

LINK
    FC St. Pauli in Germany has kicked out their player Sahin because he liked a post with those men saluting. But it's spreading: in Flanders, an all-Turkish youth team is pictured saluting like the national team.

Last year, I was a temp teacher for refugee kids, some from that area. I sent their regular teacher an email asking how things are in his (my former) class. He told me that some can't eat, learn and pay attention due to the stress about family members there.

I can't get my head around that sort of behaviour: Bulgarian, Turkish or no matter what.

Those lads were far from a new thing, they are only recognisable from thugs from decades ago by the modern clothes. One and the same breed of idiot

Looks as if England will also face action from FIFA. As if FIFA couldn't get any worse.

Charges against English Football Association:
    - Disruption of national anthem - Art. 16 (2) DR
    - Insufficient number of travelling stewards - Art. 24 (2) of the UEFA Safety and Security Regulations
    The case will be dealt with by the UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body with the date of the meeting yet to be confirmed."

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    Looks as if England will also face action from FIFA. As if FIFA couldn't get any worse.

Charges against English Football Association:
    - Disruption of national anthem - Art. 16 (2) DR
    - Insufficient number of travelling stewards - Art. 24 (2) of the UEFA Safety and Security Regulations
    The case will be dealt with by the UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body with the date of the meeting yet to be confirmed."
    Not splitting hairs but it’s UEFA who control this debacle.
    The same UEFA who fined Porto £16,000 for racism on the terraces v Man City and fined City £24,000 for coming onto the pitch one minute late after half time 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    The same UEFA who fined Porto £16,000 for racism on the terraces v Man City and fined City £24,000 for coming onto the pitch one minute late after half time 

My mistake,

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

The same UEFA who fined Porto £16,000 for racism on the terraces v Man City and fined City £24,000 for coming onto the pitch one minute late after half time 😂😂
    I was going to post the same point, but you have the detail, cheers. UEFA are despicable. People will start booing their CL anthem next, oh the humanity...✊😬🤔

- - - Updated - - -

I was going to post the same point, but you have the detail, cheers. UEFA are despicable. People will start booing their CL anthem next, oh the humanity...✊😬🤔

It's saddening to see the overt racism displayed during that match. Although I'm not an attendee at football matches I had thought that displays of racism had faded since the 70's and 80's.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.