closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: WTF is my analytics?

Master

WTF is my analytics?

Hey guys I have just received this package from work, we have a tedious consultant in at present who is being paid £500 an hour!

I am a rep out on the road and rarely send emails so is this some sort of spyware or just corporate bullshit? I know you guys will know :)

Thanks

Craftsman
    Bit of context would be helpful, but I think you're talking about Microsoft My Analytics.

It's basically an offering with office 365 that analyzes your work patterns and suggests tasks, meetings, shows your time utilization, people you have most contact and gives you a view to how you spend your time and with whom.
    If you have o365, it's easy to enable by just granting someone the license.

Regarding the consultant, im unsure what he has to do with anything.

£500/hour sounds a lot. £500/day fair enough!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are we looking at, is there supposed to be an image attached/linked to?
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Master
    Sorry guys my post is a bit confusing it is microsoft analytics it's just something I got sent tonight from work and as they have a consultant helping them and I assumed it was instigated by him, I just wondered what it might be as I am not familiar with it, you're probably right at £500 a day :)

Ah, since you work remotely, that will be one of the tools your business is using (introducing?) to assess your performance, in short corporate b/s along the lines of targets, KPIs etc. My guess it will be raised during your next appraisal in conjunction with time management..
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eletos View Post
    £500/hour sounds a lot. £500/day fair enough!
    Good grief, £500/day is so last century!

There's only one way for consultants to charge, and that's like a wounded rhino.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    Ah, since you work remotely, that will be one of the tools your business is using (introducing?) to assess your performance, in short corporate b/s along the lines of targets, KPIs etc. My guess it will be raised during your next appraisal in conjunction with time management..
    Quite.

In not totally dissimilar circumstances, I took to keeping a personal timesheet that correctly recorded what I was doing at any time. That way I could authoritatively combat any misinformation (whether automated or human) using my own contemporaneous records.

21st century 'time and motion', the equivalent of a little bloke with a clipboard sat next to you.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Microsoft Analytics. TBH I find it useless as everyone us different and a one size fits all approach isn't relevant.

Re £500 a day - that seems too cheap and £500 an hour is too expensive so I dont know where you got those rates from but unless you live in a very cheap area re housing a doubt a consultant is going to work for £500 a day and at £500 an hour you are talking the rates a partner at a management consultant would be charged out at.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk