closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Thinking of consolidating 2 for 1

Master

Thinking of consolidating 2 for 1

Collective brain is always good - been mulling over the following -
    I have a good few in my collection - from modest to not quite so modest but by no means super expensive by the membership here’s standards :)
    My two most valuable are an orange planet ocean and black Pelagos . I’ve wanted a sub or an explorer 2 ( latest larger version) for a while . I couldn’t really imagine keeping those 2 if I can get the Rolex I fancy - my means are too modest .
    I don’t wear either often - I find it difficult to pick one of two ‘posh’ watches so nine times out of ten I’ll stick with whatever i have on at the time .
    Anyone else done the what I’m thinking of or similar ? Any pitfalls ?
    I guess I’d be adding a good few quid

I do love the 42mm Explorer II, but then I also own a Pelagos and the 8500, and 2500 PO's in Orange.

If I could keep my 2500 PO, I think I'd give up the Pelagos and 8500 for either the Sub or EXPII. I have a slight preference for the 42mm Explorer II as I have larger wrists, but I prefer the black Sub date to the LV, and I would make a great daily wearer too.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    i prefer the large explorer as I’ve larger wrists and have got used to bigger sized Watch heads .
    I thought I’d keep the pair as theyre both lovely but I’m less drawn to either at the moment

I think a consolidation to a single watch is a good idea - a submariner is totally timeless and relatively discreet (especially pre-ceramic). I think less visible than an orange planet ocean (though that is also a lovely watch)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Get in with it and do it ! :)
    Just make sure you wear it though

Master
    If they don’t appeal to you than go for it, I am about to trade a few off to buy a couple of PM pieces that I will enjoy more.

Master
    I consolidated a few years back for the Polar and it was the best thing i did as i had watches not getting worn.

I love mine and even though i have picked up a Rolex SD43 in the last few months if i had to choose one it would be this.