closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Insurance refund following policy cancellation

Insurance refund following policy cancellation

I've just sold my Jimny and cancelled the AXA policy online at the click of a button, it still had almost 3 months to run. Good job I didn't cancel over the phone or there'd be an admin fee as well.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Are you going to retire now?

Craftsman
    We just discovered last week that my wife has had 2 policies running on her car for the last year - and that the old one has also auto-renewed this year! Cue frantic phone calls and documentation being emailed across - now got a massive refund!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethos View Post
    We just discovered last week that my wife has had 2 policies running on her car for the last year - and that the old one has also auto-renewed this year! Cue frantic phone calls and documentation being emailed across - now got a massive refund!
    Never but never enable auto renew - just a license to charge what they like.

I had something similar with Swiftcover (part of AXA) a week ago.

Their online admin cancellation charge was something like £57.50 or thereabouts, so I decided to swap the insurance onto my old MGB and let it run to its conclusion instead. I couldn't find the MGB on their online system, so I called them.

The chap I dealt with on the phone explained that they do not insure classic cars, so he cancelled the policy (on my request) and then refunded me on a pro-rata basis, but without any admin charges, as it was 'their fault' as they would not insure my new car, which I did not know when I took out the policy.

I was rather taken aback to be honest and it was a nice reminder that they aren't always out to shaft you at every opportunity.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Always tick that box,no auto renew

I had to pay them once in order to cancel, due to the admin fee wiping out the refund...and more!

kin ell, cancellation fee of £52, Jimny is a nick name for a jumbo jet really