closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Did anybody go to the Essex watch and clock fair today ?

Did anybody go to the Essex watch and clock fair today ?

I have just come back from this morning's event run by the Ipswich BHI , there was loads on offer for the vintage buyer like myself.

Unfortunately not much in the way of new stuff , I had to restrain myself and my wallet a few times as it could have got very expensive !

I did buy some tools that were very cheap and will be used at some point.[IMG][/IMG]

Just wondered if anyone else went and how did you get on ?

I normally go but it hasn't the buzz it used to have, and honestly forgot - it is the second Sunday in May and October, have added a reminder for next year.

I do need a vintage Seiko bracelet, must make an effort for next year.

Bugger! Next time.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Didn’t know there was such a thing, I’ll try and go next time.

I didnt know about it until yesterday afternoon , I was at my local antiques center and the owner asked if I was going !

@ Luvwatch One of the stall owners said it used to be alot bigger. You would have definitely got your Sekio bracelet . I picked up a bag of sekios majority had good bracelets he wanted £45 for the bag. Last time i looked on Ebay you wont buy 1 bracelet for that !

@ Jason M There was nothing really cheap, obviously everybody there knows what its worth . Unlike the boot sales

I will say some real quality and serviced watches .Its got me thinking and I took loads of cards off the dealers as most of them are shop based and DONT sell online ,most of them moaning about Ebay and too many jokers

It was a really good day and for a newish collector like me a real insight, chatting to these older guys about how crazy prices are now and them telling me there stories about when they used to pick up quality stuff really cheap as nobody wanted it. They also told me some places to go that still have vintage stuff at very good prices .

By the way the next one is June next year , from what I was told the guy who normally organises the meets has had to stop but someone else will be taking over .

Cheers Rob, Derek ( Luvwatch) and I used to go quite regularly, it’s been at several venues prior to the Marks Tey one, we've had our fair share of bargains in the past but as you say, slim pickings nowadays. I think the best I did was a vintage Seiko Olympic 5719 chrono for £50.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Cheers Rob, Derek ( Luvwatch) and I used to go quite regularly, it’s been at several venues prior to the Marks Tey one, we've had our fair share of bargains in the past but as you say, slim pickings nowadays. I think the best I did was a vintage Seiko Olympic 5719 chrono for £50.
    I am sure it was £40 after haggling, once you had pushed me out of the way !!

Sounds like the old days boys ! Us newbies can only dream of

Would have been nice to meet up with a few of you from the forum

The watches I see today and Im interested in are Eterna 60s steel chrono with a Valjoux movement 3 register (72 I think) ,from my googling looks pretty rare ! normally 2 register venus or Landeron and a lovely Omega Seamaster 321 cal in gold plate ( great condition but not the best for me in gold plate ). These are fully serviced and lovely collector grade @ £1750 and £3500 respectively .

The prices are fairly decent from a dealer perspective for a fully sorted watch and I dont think its taking the piss ! I also see some nice Breitling's Navtimer , Premier This is my first time attending one of these fairs and as a new collector always looking to expand my collection , I was like a bloody kid in a sweet shop !. I have never seen that many watches in one place before

Quote Originally Posted by LuvWatch View Post
    I am sure it was £40 after haggling, once you had pushed me out of the way !!
    😁 You may be right on the first point but you are exaggerating the second one! Probably...
    Cheers..
    Jase