closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex Airking servicing by RSC

Hybrid View

Banned

Rolex Airking servicing by RSC

Wondering if anyone can please help.

I have a very old Airking that belonged to my grandfather. It's in pretty bad condition and I want it servicing by Rolex here in the UK. I'm not interested in using independents and will keep the original dial and hands (have done this before for my father's 6694).

The issue with the Airking is that the area between the lugs is heavily pitted and also worn, so the serial no. has completely worn away. Even using a loupe you can't see any numbering.

Will Rolex service this watch without a visible serial number? I still have the original box (he kept cigarettes in it!) but no papers.

Any help would be appreciated.

Grand Master
    Why the reluctance to use independents?

William Rice is over at Beverley, he’s Rolex accredited, what ge doesn’t know about fixing Rolex models isn’t worth knowing.

If it was mine I’d take it over to him and discuss the job, he’s a very friendly character and I’m sure he’d sort it out.............but if you want to send it to RSC and deal at distance with a faceless organisation that’s up to you.

Craftsman
    William rice is not authorised, he lost that.

Shame you have not got papers, I would send it in anyway. Worst case you get it back without anything done I can't see them keeping it as it's not been erased.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by me32dc View Post
    William rice is not authorised, he lost that.

Shame you have not got papers, I would send it in anyway. Worst case you get it back without anything done I can't see them keeping it as it's not been erased.
    Thank you yes, will send it in anyway and maybe give them a call.

Craftsman
    That's the best thing, it is easy to remove essential things from a service list on vintage items if you call up and just be honest and nice.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by me32dc View Post
    That's the best thing, it is easy to remove essential things from a service list on vintage items if you call up and just be honest and nice.
    That's what I found with my father's 6694.

They wanted to swap the dial and hands I said no it's an heirloom and wanted to keep the history.

They were very understanding over the phone and in the end I went with the swap and they sent the original dial and hands in a small Rolex case.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Why the reluctance to use independents?

William Rice is over at Beverley, he’s Rolex accredited, what ge doesn’t know about fixing Rolex models isn’t worth knowing.

If it was mine I’d take it over to him and discuss the job, he’s a very friendly character and I’m sure he’d sort it out.............but if you want to send it to RSC and deal at distance with a faceless organisation that’s up to you.
    I've used independents before (recommended here and elsewhere) and ended up with scratched dials, broken hands and scratched crystals (on the inside!). Rolex aren't perfect but they made the watch so makes sense to me. It's not a milsub so would rather the peace of mind.

Master
    He needed reeling in and then he lost his head.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    He needed reeling in and then he lost his head.

C60 seconds worth of his drivel and you just know he'll get wound up easily.......maybe we'll all miss his magnetic personality.

Poor performance from a professional.........maybe he only behaves like this 'off the record'?

Master
    Should've used magnetic - Doh!

His mouth has effectively been taped.....

I'm out....

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    Should've used magnetic - Doh!

His mouth has effectively been taped.....

I'm out....

I`m out too.....this is getting silly......you could say Eddie's put him on the deck!