closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: TWS earbuds

Craftsman

TWS earbuds

I can't see the wood for the trees on this one. I'm looking for a pair of earbuds/pods that I can easily switch between my phone and my running music watch. This leads me to think I need Multipoint functionality. Some of the high end, ≥£100 ones seem to have this, but I don't want to pay more than around £40 ideally. The other main criteria is to have volume control. Some of the many I have seen on Amazon say in the Q&A that they do have Multipoint, but it's never in the descriptions. Has anyone got any actual, hands-on recommendations? I've looked at way too many videos and reviews now! Ta.

Not what you want but on the other end if you do spend about £100 I wouldn't buy the Bose SoundSports again. We bought 2x SoundSport wired and 1x SoundSport wireless. All three are broken. The wired ones took some abuse in the gym, the wireless were looked after and babied and no longer power on after 9 months. Bose support have confirmed they're in warranty but so far have been useless.

Worth a look: https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/be...ut-headphones/

Craftsman
    I ordered some Yiman Newest from Amazon. I'll see how easy it is to switch between two devices .. can always get a second pair I suppose.

Master
    I’ve done quite a lot of research on Multipoint, as I switch between my iPad and iPhone on my daily commute.

A few things to note:
    * There are no “true wireless” earbuds that can do Multipoint. This is because BT only allows two connections, and the true wireless ones use one connection from source to bud 1, and the other from bud 1 to bud 2. There is one make that I’m aware of which links both left and right direct to the source, but it doesn’t do MP and also has video lag issues.

* Bluetooth version is not related to MP. 4.1 can do it as well as 4.2 or 5.0

* MP uses more battery, as it’s constantly paging for connections. Which is why the Jaybirds Tarah supports MP, but the Tarah Pro doesn’t. The Tarah Pro boasts longer battery time, which it would sacrifice if it supported MP.

* MP seems to be a manufacturer choice more than anything. Most (if not all) Bose and Sennheiser support it, RHA don’t (sadly), Sony don't, Jaybirds do with some and not others.

* It’s not related to price. Some of the cheaper Amazon brands (eg ANKER, Taotronics) support it in their £20/30 earbuds.
    Last edited by MadeOfCheese; 14th October 2019 at 15:56.

Master

Actual recommendations

I appreciate that none of the above really helps with respect to recommendations.

I can heartily recommend Jaybirds X3, they connect flawlessly with two devices every time, the firmware is great, and they even have an app that can upload EQ settings to the firmware.

They are not the absolute best sounding, but they are good enough for commuting/running/gym and I'm very picky when it comes to headphones.

You can get them pretty cheap on Amazon, especially if you buy used (which I generally do).
    They've got used ones on Amazon right now for £46.

The Tarah are a newer model and I'm guessing will be pretty similar - used on Amazon for £38

Or the X4 (updated X3, some say better, some say not as good) - used on Amazon for £60