closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex Singapore - Friend’s experience

Craftsman

Rolex Singapore - Friend’s experience

Been suggesting the OP36 to a friend as his first Rolex watch. He told me he went into a Rolex AD to ask about the price (he’s not from Singapore) and was being told to ‘check the website’.

Wow... just wow.

I don’t know what to say!

Wow just Zzzzzzzzz.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Wow, just wow!, AD's are getting worse, only last week mine asked me to wipe my wellies on the curb before entering the boutique.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    Wow, just wow!, AD's are getting worse, only last week mine asked me to wipe my wellies on the curb before entering the boutique.
    Are you being serious?

As for Singapore AD’s I have always found them quite helpful. I was in one 3 months back, had a nice chat with them, one thing they did say was that given it’s such a significant stop over destination they do get a constant stream of the same questions, have you got a GMT, have you got a Daytona etc etc. Doesn’t excuse crap service though given that’s what they are there for, just saying that’s not been my experience and have been to Singapore a fair few times.

Likewise, always found Singapore great for service, and was even shown £750k Richard Mille etc. Watches that I had made clear were way outside my watch buying budget.

I guess if they had none in stock, then the website was the best place.

Last year looking at a potential car purchase I was told to look up the specs online, and if I wanted a brochure to download from the web. There was no car to test drive. Needless to say I wasn't prepared to do half their job of selling for them.
    It's just a matter of time...

How interesting …

OP - in future you need to start the title of your thread with [TRIGGER WARNING]. I know the title was quite clear that it was going to be about your friends experience in a Rolex AD, but without the warning some members will click the thread anyway and get very upset.

Quote Originally Posted by thestore View Post
    OP - in future you need to start the title of your thread with [TRIGGER WARNING]. I know the title was quite clear that it was going to be about your friends experience in a Rolex AD, but without the warning some members will click the thread anyway and get very upset.
    Err?

Makes my piss boil, gutted for him etc., etc.

Particularly pertinent should you elect to use the phrase "wow... just wow". (Do you actually say that IRL?)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Makes my piss boil, gutted for him etc., etc.
    Ah got it

But seriously, has the TZ community got so uptight that this would ‘upset’, I suppose you wouldn’t get those 3 seconds back from opening the thread and moving on, but not life changing is it

So informative OP, thank you. Don't forget to tell the Rolex forums.

Craftsman
    Not saying that all ADs in Singapore have the same sort of attitude but imo even if it was just one salesperson from one AD, it is still unacceptable.

He wasn’t even asking for a professional model/the usual suspects. I certainly wouldn’t want that to be my first Rolex experience - walking into a shop and getting told to check the website.

Craftsman
    Thanks. Obviously I was too triggered to even think about that!

Very cheesy thread.