closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: First proper day out in a Barbour

Hybrid View

Master
    Looking to get a Barbour...just cannot settle on the right one. Tried on several in store a couple of days ago...may pop in again next week.

FYI - JLP have 20% off all Barbour at the moment, in case anybody is looking!

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Looking to get a Barbour...just cannot settle on the right one. Tried on several in store a couple of days ago...may pop in again next week.

There is a Barbour outlet shop at Bicester Village - seem cheap to me - always offers on at John Lewis/HOF etc

Craftsman
    I’ll have to stop opening this type of thread. The JLP 20% off just tipped me over the edge and I now have a Ridley Scott Wax Film jacket. Stonking jacket but did I really need another Barbour - I have at least 6!

Jake

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    I’ll have to stop opening this type of thread. The JLP 20% off just tipped me over the edge and I now have a Ridley Scott Wax Film jacket. Stonking jacket but did I really need another Barbour - I have at least 6!

Jake
    Jake, there's nowt wrong with 6 in my opinion.
    I have 4 wax Barbours and 1 Bestaff, my missus has 1 wax Barbour and 1 Belstaff.....even my dog has a wax Barbour.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

Master

Jake
    If you've the space, more the merrier! To heck with the naysayers. Most on this forum have dozens of watches, why not jackets :) Ive 6 myself and plan to add a contemporary icons beacon, and something classic like a Beaufort to the mix next month. I have gortex, it is indeed superior in terms of water resistance, weight, and breathability. But I'll take a wax jacket every day of the week.

I'm just looking forward to some cold weather so I can wear some of my hardier barbour and fjallraven winter jackets.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hafle View Post
    If you've the space, more the merrier! To heck with the naysayers. Most on this forum have dozens of watches, why not jackets :) Ive 6 myself and plan to add a contemporary icons beacon, and something classic like a Beaufort to the mix next month. I have gortex, it is indeed superior in terms of water resistance, weight, and breathability. But I'll take a wax jacket every day of the week.

I'm just looking forward to some cold weather so I can wear some of my hardier barbour and fjallraven winter jackets.
    Hahaha I thought it was just me who welcomed the cold weather to wear my winter wardrobe

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RD200 View Post
    Hahaha I thought it was just me who welcomed the cold weather to wear my winter wardrobe

Definitely not just you, I must have 30+ jackets including 9 belstaff, there simply aren’t enough cold days to wear them all!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master

Nope. I enjoy the sun, but I much prefer jackets, overcoats, scarves, felt hats, leather gloves, and the like.

At the risk of another can of worms I feel exactly the same as I tend to collect Guernseys and Arans of various ilks, Now the Guerneys I wear most of the year but for some of the heavier arans, winter is definitely welcome...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Artistmike View Post
    At the risk of another can of worms I feel exactly the same as I tend to collect Guernseys and Arans of various ilks, Now the Guerneys I wear most of the year but for some of the heavier arans, winter is definitely welcome...
    I've got a couple of half zip Barbour jumpers and rate them.
    Long sleeve polos too, usually John Smedley or Boss Merino Wool.

Last edited by RD200; 17th October 2019 at 09:26.

Master

Jake
    Feel like I’ve achieved something then!! Happy wearing your new Barbour!

- - - Updated - - -

Jake
    Feel like I’ve achieved something then!! Happy wearing your new Barbour!

Master

Jake
    Ooh that’s one of the ones I’ve been eyeing but need to get to JL and try one on really, how are you finding it in comparison to say a beadale or one of the other classic style which I’m sure you must own lol.