closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Autumnal Grand Seiko - AND new elegance dials

Master

Autumnal Grand Seiko - AND new elegance dials

This one could be a marmite watch, but it’s certainly interesting. A GS hi-beat with a very unusual red dial, that’s a tribute to the colours of autumn, apparently. I never thought I’d like a red dialled watch, but I’d enjoy a go with this one. Not so much for walking in the woods as the leaves turn, but for lounging around in a nightclub in red velvet booths wearing a sharp black suit, Yakuza gangster style. However that might not work so well in the summer, and the disturbingly green reverse side really puts me off. Otherwise, it certainly makes a change and it’s always good to see another new dial from GS.

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/grand-s...edition-watch/

Also, see further up / down the thread for some new dials in the elegance collection.
    Last edited by Itsguy; 16th October 2019 at 08:34.

Master
    I like that, though the green looks a bit like a Rolex hologram sticker that a WIS geek won't remove. But still, cool stuff!

I shouldn’t like that but the red dial is very striking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks Brown to me. Calling it red is almost too kind.

I line that there is no power reserve on the dial, and the green rotor colour is fun.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Blog Entries
    Looks great, I’ve recently picked up a manual wind GS and it really has got me. It’s up there with the best and yet a lot better priced. You just have to get the stigma of ‘seiko’ out your head (at this price point) and go from there. But I’ll state that their dials are some of the best.
    Last edited by Kash; 11th October 2019 at 19:22.

I rather like that.

I happened into Deacons in Swindon this morning to drop my SBGX009 in for some love and attention. The poor thing isn't well at the moment and, subject to the fix not being more than the watch is worth, I'll be getting it sorted.

While I was there I tried on a SBGH255, which was both gorgeous and enormous; thankfully too big for me. I'll look out for the SBGH269 when I go back to collect the 09 as that looks really special

Master
    London boutique said this is pretty much unobtainium - their allocation is already allocated. I doubt you’ll see this sitting in a shop.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    I rather like that.

I happened into Deacons in Swindon this morning to drop my SBGX009 in for some love and attention. The poor thing isn't well at the moment and, subject to the fix not being more than the watch is worth, I'll be getting it sorted.

While I was there I tried on a SBGH255, which was both gorgeous and enormous; thankfully too big for me. I'll look out for the SBGH269 when I go back to collect the 09 as that looks really special
    Deacons is looking a bit snazzy now in wood street, great dealers and have a great in house workshop too.

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Deacons is looking a bit snazzy now in wood street, great dealers and have a great in house workshop too.
    As a Swindon boy I'm surprised that today was the first day I've been in there.

All seemed really friendly. Even the chap wanting to go on the waiting list for a Rolex and another explaining that he was looking to buy a Rolex rather than a sports car we're being chatted to nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    London boutique said this is pretty much unobtainium - their allocation is already allocated. I doubt you’ll see this sitting in a shop.
    Is anyone going to the Hodinkee GS event in London on Monday? Maybe they will have one to view there.

Master
    Bark and jack posted a video about this last night, looks pretty interesting.

Just managed to get one - the last one from the AD in question. Will do a write up and pics once it is here.

It'll be on SC in due course anyway.....

Master
    I’m re-using this thread as GS are keeping up the steady supply of temptation with yet more more new dials. This time it’s their recent ‘elegance’ collection of thin hand wounds that get the treatment, with some elegantly simple black and white dials. I wasn’t wholly convinced by these with coloured dials, but in monochrome they look very smart. Also interesting to see a different style of bracelet from GS, with a JLC-ish look, which seems to be specific to the elegance collection.

Part of me wonders about the power reserve - I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone say they like a power reserve - and I can’t help wondering what the subdial would look like at 6. Less interesting, I suppose, and more like a Calatrava or JLC. Either way, these add to the options for a GS dress watch and I’m looking forward to trying them.

https://wornandwound.com/introducing...7-and-sbgk009/

Last edited by Itsguy; 16th October 2019 at 10:47.

The in the flesh, the case feels designed to showcase the dial, so it would be interesting to see what happens with the plain black version - I suppose the attention will be entirely on the hands and indices.

I like the look of that bracelet and it makes the watches more versatile for the summer. I wonder if it tapers and if it will be available to purchase separately?

Last edited by Rocket Man; 16th October 2019 at 09:25.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    I like the look of that bracelet and it makes the watches more versatile for the summer. I wonder if it tapers and if it will be available to purchase separately?
    Thanks for those photos, showing that the bracelet has polished links every other row, which wasn't obvious from the previous shots. I'm not sure that's an advantage as it makes it feel less clean and minimal and much more glitzy, will have to see. Most likely I'd prefer leather anyway. The white dial looks like it has a subtle sunburst grain, but again it's hard to know without more pictures.

Only just dawned on me that I can put a couple of my photos here now

As I said, the dial's shade of blue is more subtle than what my Samsung is able to make of it
    Last edited by Der Amf; 16th October 2019 at 11:07. Reason: Speling

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Only just dawned on me that I can put a couple of my photos here now

As I said, the dial's shade of blue is more subtle than what my Samsung is able to make of it
    That blue dial elegance really is stunning.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Got mine on today and I just love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My ex SBGK005 is on SC now and is a WAY nicer watch than my Root Beer which sold in 1 minute flat so I really can't understand what goes through supposed watch enthusiast's heads when they see this on SC, gloss over it and buy some inferior watch for more money as this is pure art.
    Last edited by ryanb741; 16th October 2019 at 16:04.

Master
    Love the Grand Seikos. A real enthusiasts brand. Must be one of the best combinations of artistry and engineering available. Watch craftsmanship at its best.

Blog Entries
    Had the chance to try this tonight, stunning watch.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by numberjack View Post
    Had the chance to try this tonight, stunning watch.
    Oh, there’s a surprise - I really don’t like that “in the flesh”. Maybe it was the trees in the background I liked from the publicity shots.